wow prandelli goes to roma (1 Viewer)

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
Roma needs GIlardino more than we do.. but we doo need anothr proven center back... although in all seriousnes i never think that they would never be either of mexes or ferarri.... i think he would be Koldrup of Udinese.. or maybe MOggi will call back Moretti and settle with him...

May 17, 2003
I say, Capello will do something smart soon....And will surprise us all... We know what kind of players he likes. And i think this means Trez will leave for sure.. Knowing Capello never plays with a target man up front. I think this means no Gila too. But i'm not camplaining. I say we'll sign Emerson and Mexes soon. Plus another striker..

Forza Capello

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Parma stars join Prandelli at Roma?

Now that Cesare Prandelli has been placed in charge of Roma, transfer targets Matteo Ferrari and Alberto Gilardino are more inclined to join him.

“I would not be at all surprised if Prandelli was called to lead the Giallorossi,” assured Parma and Italy defender Matteo Ferrari before the announcement.

He is an interested party, as Ferrari has been heavily linked with a move to Roma this summer and would be even more inclined to accept if he was to reunite with Prandelli.

Gilardino had also been targeted by the Capital club as a specific request from Fabio Capello, who now sits on the Juventus bench.

“I would like to stay with Parma,” the Under-21 international striker had said, “but before deciding on my future I’d like to see where Prandelli goes.”

Another important draw towards the Stadio Olimpico is the promise of first team football, as they might find themselves pushed out of the side at Juventus.

Roma have qualified for the Champions’ League proper, which is also an enticing prospect for young players.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
guys, so what if he takes parma stars with them?

neither roma or us will get both of ferrari and mexes.

if they take ferrari, we can take mexes. or other way round.

if they take gilardino, we can take cavenaghi, who is as great as gilardino.

so cheer up ;)

Sep 14, 2003
Surely with Roma in their financial position, they can't afford to buy Ferrari and Gilardino AND pay their wages. They can barely pay their existing players. Not all the money recieved from Samuel's transfer can be used to buy other players.

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by only_juve_4ever ] ++
I say, Capello will do something smart soon....And will surprise us all... We know what kind of players he likes. And i think this means Trez will leave for sure.. Knowing Capello never plays with a target man up front. I think this means no Gila too. But i'm not camplaining. I say we'll sign Emerson and Mexes soon. Plus another striker..

Forza Capello
cappello has always wanted a target man upfront, especially for roma, its jus he has never, bar bati, been able to get one.

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
To me it seems that the deal, Capello joins us and
Prandelli Roma has been a done deal for a few days by now.

Roma claims that the loss of Capello was a shock!???
I doubt you can negotiate for a new coach in less than a day!

Obvious that roma management used the loving relationship between the two clubs so that the hate grows even bigger???

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
capello asked for gilardino when he was at rome
and he will ask for gilardino at juve

i fear ferrari will end up at rome.. he has already stated in the past that he wants to stay with prandelli

but gilardino is within our reach.. we have good connections to parma and we have more money to spend than roma...

Geof

May 14, 2004
Juventino, it indeed seems strange to get a coach that fast. But on the other hand, Prand was sure to leave Parma, and with Capello coaching Juve he had no other option than Roma, which is a big club that every coach would like to lead! So it seems quite logical to me. Considering Roma's final situation it was more reasonable to pick Prandelli than Ranieri.

For the players, we shouldn't conclude too soon. Roma can't afford buying too much players, unless they sell ... Totti?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
The way I see it, we're still favourites for Gilardino, and it doesn't really matter with Ferrari, because if we don't get him we'll get Mexes.

Capello was the one who specifically requested the signing of Gila when he was still the Roma coach, so I don't see why he won't want him in Juve, and I'm not too sure how a club such as Roma, with their grand financial situation, could possibly attract players like Ferrari and Mexes to their team.

Mexes wants CL football he says? He can get that here and so many other places. Ferrari said he wanted to play for us regardless of what Prandelli did, unlike Gila, but Alberto is a die-hard Juve supporter (or so he proclaims).

I'm not too worried quite frankly :)

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
Capello wants Vieri at Juve. Its still exciting because anything can still happen. Like stu Im not too worried also. Were getting a bit greedy innit, Next Totti, Nesta and Ronaldo join us:D

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2002
I think Gilardino wanted Prandelli to come to juve so he can play in his best club under his best coach ............. Now he has to decide between the best club or the coach?!!?

There is nowhere better than Juve but there is Capello better than Prandelli
;)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Who says Ferrari and Gilardino will follow Prandelli wherever he goes? Players don't just blindly follow their coach around. Especially Gilardino who is a Juventino, as Becchi said, he'll only follow Pran. if he likes the club

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)