Would you pay Daivds £2.5m a season? (2 Viewers)

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
Any team with the financial status levelling Juventus would pay Davids the amount, no question about that.

But if you have an understudy (in the form of Appiah) at your disposal, you would begin to question which would be the better alternative:

1) To pay Davids 2.5 Million annually and have another player dubbed to have as much quality

or

2) Save 2.5 Million annually and have enough (but not as much) quality as Davids. And we must also consider that Edgar is appraoching his senior status which brings him to the 30s, meaning, he only has a few god years left in him. But of course, that is still an arguable statement as this man may be exceptional like Zola who defy age.

That is my view as of the moment. If you have your own opinions, please enlighten me.

My decision would be to keep Appiah, and offer Davids at least 1.5 M a year for another 2-3 seasons. Anything above it would be financially unethical at the current situation.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
That could have been on everyone's mind, including mine, during the start of the season.

But what happened was the total opposite. Appiah was kept in, Davids left out. So what does this mean? I think Moggi and Lippi see a more promising player in Appiah than what Davids can offer this season.

I like Davids. I do hope we keep him.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Primo ] ++
Any team with the financial status levelling Juventus would pay Davids the amount, no question about that.

But if you have an understudy (in the form of Appiah) at your disposal, you would begin to question which would be the better alternative:

1) To pay Davids 2.5 Million annually and have another player dubbed to have as much quality

or

2) Save 2.5 Million annually and have enough (but not as much) quality as Davids. And we must also consider that Edgar is appraoching his senior status which brings him to the 30s, meaning, he only has a few god years left in him. But of course, that is still an arguable statement as this man may be exceptional like Zola who defy age.

That is my view as of the moment. If you have your own opinions, please enlighten me.

My decision would be to keep Appiah, and offer Davids at least 1.5 M a year for another 2-3 seasons. Anything above it would be financially unethical at the current situation.
I don't think that you can argue that Davids is on his way down, I mean last year he was probably as good as he's ever been. I'd say that until this contract thing, he was approaching his period of peak performance. It's really terrible timing.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Tacca03 ] ++
£2.5m a season is what, reportedly, Davids is asking from Juventus.

Should Juve pay him such amount?

Opinions please?
If they gave dp 5 ml i think 2.5ml is ok for davids:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)