Would you pay Daivds £2.5m a season? (1 Viewer)

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
I'm not very good with figures but i'd say yes i would. However, the question is do they want him in te 1st place and how this deal is being made. I mean.......if he is being unreasonable and demanding this amount or else he will leave then i would say no, don't give it to him. And if Moggi feels that he can get a better deal out of another player by selling Davids, then...also no.

IMHO, £2.5m is an ok sum for this player, he's great and he did alot for us last season. The question is do we want him? From the way he's being treated recently ..... no playing and all that, i would think no.

but anyway, isn't it confirmed that davids will leave us next season? or am i :confused: again???

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
The list says Davids earns 3 million a year...so probably that 2.5M we've been discussing isn't the correct figure in question.

So how much does Davids really want?

(BTW thank God we got rid of Salas....3.8 million?? WTF!!)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Ale's Cat ] ++
The list says Davids earns 3 million a year...so probably that 2.5M we've been discussing isn't the correct figure in question.

So how much does Davids really want?

(BTW thank God we got rid of Salas....3.8 million?? WTF!!)
That is 3 mil €, and Davids wants 2.5 million pounds for his new contract. that would be around 3.8 mil €

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Well he wants 3.8 mil € for three years. Thats almost 12 mil € for a 30 year old player. Who's to guarantee us he'll be as good next year or that he wont get injured or something. I personaly would give him 2.5 mil € for one year with an option to extend it for 1 more. Thats it. He should show a little more gratitude towards Juve. He has done a lot for the team, but it has done more for him. They saved him from Milan, revived his career, gave him the oppertunity to improve, and, nobody seems to mention this, stood by him when he was suspended for doping.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Yes, he's not quite Davids yet, but he'll be even better in 2-3 years. Plus, we have Maresca, Blasi and Brighi. With the money we save on Davids, we could buy some really good players.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by G_O_A_T ] ++
Well he wants 3.8 mil € for three years. Thats almost 12 mil € for a 30 year old player. Who's to guarantee us he'll be as good next year or that he wont get injured or something. I personaly would give him 2.5 mil € for one year with an option to extend it for 1 more
Good idea

Thats it. He should show a little more gratitude towards Juve. He has done a lot for the team, but it has done more for him. They saved him from Milan, revived his career, gave him the oppertunity to improve, and, nobody seems to mention this, stood by him when he was suspended for doping.
All good points, and yes I didn't think about the last one.. good point.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I was one of the people that wanted Davids to stay with us this season, but if I knew that Lippi and Moggi were going to treat him as they are now, I would've said "go on, leave. you'll be happy somewhere else."

The Juve management is doing BS. Edgar is a great player and since we only have him for one more season we should use him as much as possible and get the most out of him.

Appiah would still get loads of games. We're competing on three fronts and Davids would need resting from time to time. All of this crap is getting me frustrated :(

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
-Fantasista-, the thing is that we don't know the whole truth abt this. All we do is what's in the papers. Without knowing the whole pic, it's really hard to judge. But fustrating is for sure :wallbang:

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
Expect Davids to be released from his contract any time soon, they will let him go on free from now and save 3 million of his wage. of course they will have to compensate him, but it will be way much less than those 3 million. anyway the situation doesn't look any good and yesterday sent off can't help anything but to complicate the whole situation more. It's really sad to see a champion like davids treated in this way. but he can only blame himself, he should have either accepted his transfer to any of those clubs who were interested in him or accept a new contarct and end his career in juve. He is stuck now in a big serious trouble. poor Davids :(

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I'd have to agree with Goat as regards the 2.5 mil salary with an option to extend it for another year.
That has to make sense considering Edgar's age. But i guess he's looking for something a lot more concrete than that knowingfully that he's aging he'd want a a lucrative deal that sees out his career. And he'l lsurely get that at the next club he goes to. Anyway, I also agree with goat as regards Edgar being grateful to Juve, but having said that, i think it works both ways, and i dont think Juve seems to be showing ne gratitude to Edgar either. So they cant really expect nething in return.

Jul 12, 2002
2.5 Million for Edgar Davids? Hell yes. Without hesitation, any team is getting a ridiculously good deal on that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)