Worst then I though! (1 Viewer)

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Malcolm Glazer's formal offer document for Manchester United has revealed that massive interest rates will increase the huge debt at the club.

The opposition to Glazer's takeover from United's fans has focused on the amount of debt that he will run up in buying a controlling stake in the club.

The 76-year-old is due to take the club into private ownership next month but he will run up huge debts in buying The Red Devils.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers owner Glazer has already said he will be borrowing £265 million from bankers JP Morgan, but the interest charges being revealed in his document mean that the cost of that single loan will run up to a huge amount of £570 million.

The full details of the amount of debt involved will send a shiver through the United fans, as estimates say the debt at Old Trafford will run up to £650 million, six times that which almost brought down Leeds United.

Glazer's £275 million loan has been divided into four parts, £55 million, two lots of £62.5 million and £85 million, with repayments taking between seven and 10 years at a rate between 2.75% and 6.5% above base rate.

Although the base rate is low - around two percent - the premiums are still huge and impossible to pay back without a massive increase in present profits .

Although shareholders' reaction to the document will not change the outcome, with Glazer having already taken a 72.6 percent stake, it will only serve to increase the fear amongst United's fans.

The repayment figures that have been worked out for the £275 million loan from JP Morgan secured against Manchester United are:

£55 million - payable over seven years at 2.75% above LIBOR (London InterBank Offered Rate). Repayment cost - £90 million.

£62.5 million - 50% payable over seven years, six months, 50% payable over eight years at 3.25% above LIBOR. Repayment cost - £110 million.

£62.5 million - 50% payable over eight years, six months, 50% payable over nine years at 3.75% above LIBOR. Repayment cost - £128 million.

£85 million - payable by April 2015 at 6.5% above LIBOR. Repayment cost - £242 million.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Kiko

Jun 2, 2003
Geeez Nicole,
after all these rather pointless and repetitive threads, I must say.... I'm beginning to like the guy

Juve_The_Best

Nov 18, 2004
now its ganna be a complicated issue between him and alex. he did promise alex that he will be the president then changed his mind.

With this Glazer Man Utd will be like lazio .. too much liabilities and will break the shares soon. cuz its allready no shares at the stock market right now for Man he closed it, even the porift will go to USA specially

(NY Yankees)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Glazer isn't stupid, there's no way he didn't forsee this before the papers ran the story.I'm sure he's got alot of plans up his sleeve.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
This is horrible, not sure of the need for anew thread every five minutes to give us updates but no doubts.. this is horrid, horrid news for football. If it sets a precedent then we're all in trouble

My heart goes out to Man U fans it really does :frown:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Source? :rolleyes:

This suspiciously sounds like the one-sided argument of a biased individual or group who tries to invoke a piss-poor knowledge of corporate finance (not unlike the homeless guy I passed on the way to work who was screaming "voodoo economics" while pushing his shopping cart for no apparent reason) as veiled justification to whine about an outsider taking ownership of the club.

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #14
    ++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
    Source? :rolleyes:

This suspiciously sounds like the one-sided argument of a biased individual or group who tries to invoke a piss-poor knowledge of corporate finance (not unlike the homeless guy I passed on the way to work who was screaming "voodoo economics" while pushing his shopping cart for no apparent reason) as veiled justification to whine about an outsider taking ownership of the club.
    :rolleyes:

This was the statement release by Rothchild (Glazer's advisors)

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    This is horrible, not sure of the need for anew thread every five minutes to give us updates but no doubts.. this is horrid, horrid news for football. If it sets a precedent then we're all in trouble

My heart goes out to Man U fans it really does :frown:
    Couldn't have said it better.

adams

Mar 5, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
    Glazer all the waaaaay.
    Your a sadist. Even if you hate the team, theres no reason to want to run the club into the ground. The fans, players and employees would be devastated.

I wouldnt wish that on anyone, not even the nasty Milanista!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)