World's fastest personal computer!!! (2 Viewers)

OP

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
  • Thread Starter #41
    it's no wonder that the most answers by windows users are negative while mac users nearly all answer positive...

it has nothing to do with brain washing or personality - it has to do with the quality of the OS...

it's an evidence of how poor windows is when even a large part of the windows-users say how poor it is...

it's indeed very intersting when u condiser the psychological aspect...
    the mac-users feel so proud to work with such a brilliant product, that they develop a sort of patriotism...

it's similar with juve... i'm also proud about the team... about the 27 scudetti and all the other trophies...
    if somebody asks u if juve is a gr8 team, u won't answer no either, wouldn't u?

btw nice avatar ;-)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    i think its part of a brainwash because all mac users are like against windows and think macs are the best, they all have the same behaviour

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    max, it's just not logical that *all* mac users are so damn happy with their macs. Nothing is perfect, neither is mac, I may not be familiar with the latest versions but everything is buggy and lacking in features to someone because we all want different stuff. And yet very few mac users complain about anything, that goes to show that they are very "patriotic" about their group and unwilling to criticize objectively when that is due. My take on it anyway.

OP

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
  • Thread Starter #44
    it's really funny how "you" windows and lunix users can turn such a positive thing into a negative one...
    apple customers are happy about their products, cause they're great...

u're right nothing is perfect, but if something is nearly perfect then it's os x panther, that's not buggy and lacking features at all..

what kind of brainwashing do u think apple does? nothing...

if somebody tries to contoll one, than it's windows... u surely know about all the information they can get about u....
    they can even check what mp3 one listens with media player....

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    I'll tell you what I think about what you just said. Mac is a niche product and apparently they're quite good at what they're doing. People who use it have some reason to use it and they're happy with what they get. Others have no reason to use it so they stick to Windows. Mac has filled in that niche for "special" users and is sticking to it. It's absolutely inconceivable that they would grow rapidly and up their market share, it's not gonna happen and they're not trying to do it. In commercial terms, they have been spared by MS in the sense that they still exist and they just want to hang onto that.

Consequently, there are rather few mac users around..

Btw, did you know linux already passed mac on the desktop platform in terms of market share? ;)

In all of this I should mention it's a pleasure to discuss this stuff with you. :)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by maxmc ] ++
    it's really funny how "you" windows and lunix users can turn such a positive thing into a negative one...
    apple customers are happy about their products, cause they're great...
    im happy with my products too, thats why ive never switched :)

OP

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
  • Thread Starter #47
    alex, if u think that was the message of my post then u're wrong...
    it's true that macs have a large percentage of pro-users... 80% of creative jobs are made on a mac (layout, audio-things and so on...)
    but they haven't just specialized on them - os x is by far the user-frendliest OS - and that's also prooved....

and there's a serie of apps called ILife don't know if u've ever heard of it...
    it contains apps like Iphoto, Itunes, Imovie, Ical and so on...
    iphoto is probably the easiest-photo managing app... and many people use it... it's not made for pros, cause they us "cumulus"...
    itunes is also very userfriendly, but it's also used for djs to organize their music...
    Imovie is the amateur tool for editing videos and it's great... u can really do great things with it... (apple has fcp for pro users, fce for medium-level, and imovie for beginners)
    ical is a genius calender - u can also download online-calenders, such as the juve-games....
    these were just a few examples...

would apple really invest so much money and time in such quality-products, that are even praised by windows-papers, if they weren't interested in getting new amateur-users? NO
    and would they really organise one of the biggest ad-campaigns in america? NO (there's the so-called switcher-campaign, where "switchers" tell their windows experiences and how happy they are now with their macs...)

and i bet if i sit my mum in front of my mac and force her to work with it, she will have no problem with it, while she calls me every 5 mins when she's working on the pc...

and fabiana-juve, it was a reaction to the quote of alex, that said that most windows users would say that their OS is shit, while mac users love their OS....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)