World Rally Championship 2003 (1 Viewer)

OP
Ali

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #42
    Driver standings after 3 rallies - Monte Carlo, Swedish & Rally of Turkey.

1. Richard BURNS (GB) 18 pts

2. Colin MCRAE (GB) 17 pts

3. Carlos SAINZ (E) 16 pts

4. Markko MÄRTIN (EE) 13 pts

5. Sébastien LOEB (F) 12 pts

6. Marcus GRÖNHOLM (FIN) 10 pts

7. Tommi MÄKINEN (FIN) 9 pts

8. Francois DUVAL (B) 8 pts

9. Gilles PANIZZI (F) 4 pts

10. Toni GARDEMEISTER (FIN) 3 pts

OP
    Ali

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #46
    ++ [ originally posted by Weed Alien ] ++
    makkinen....:down:
    Sad indeed for he was on a charge before he hit a rock. :down:

OP
    Ali

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #48
    Oi Citroen already won ... :fero: :D

OP
    Ali

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #55
    He's been having rotten luck lately. Was leading in Turkey before he hit a rock and damaged the suspension which ended his rally. In Monte Carlo he was well positioned before he rammed into a bridge. And in Sweden he finished in the sixth position. I hope he gets back on the podium soon :)

OP
    Ali

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #57
    Hollywood Superstar
    2003 Season So Far
    wrc.com rates the driver's performance on each of 2003 season's rallies.

Monte Carlo: Petter was bitterly disappointed after crashing out on the first day, he has been setting top three times before his off. 5/10

Sweden: Petter just didn't feel comfy on his tyres and as a result his times suffered. He changed to a different tyre on Sunday and he eventually grabbed sixth place. 6/10

Turkey: Solberg hasn't had much luck this season, and what luck he did have ran out on SS4. Showed a turn of speed and felt good about the car though. 5/10.

The Man
    Bubbly and effervescent, Petter 'Hollywood' Solberg is an emotional guy who wears his heart on his sleeve. A natural behind the wheel and in front of the camera, Solberg leads the next generation of WRC superstars, but this man still has his feet firmly on the ground.

He has the noisiest bunch of fans on the WRC circuit and Petter always takes time out to speak to them during rallies and organises the big parties for his supporters' club back home. And he knows how to party - this former disco-dancing champion often struts his stuff at post-rally bashes. Pin-up Petter broke a thousand hearts when he proposed to long-time girlfriend Pernilla just before Rally Australia last year. He had planned to do it sooner but was prevented from doing so when he left the ring back home in Norway. Doh!

The Driver
    His disco-dancing background gives a hint at how this man drives his Subaru Impreza. He describes driving a rally car like this:

"I want to dance through the woods. It's about flow and rhythm. But every time you go sideways, you're losing time. Judging speed and cornering is very much a physical thing. I feel it through my bum, mainly. That's the dancing element, I guess. I feel when I'm going too sideways rather than looking at an angle through the windscreen. That bit's physical. A 'flow' doesn't mean getting ragged or sloppy – it's just like finding a natural rhythm or work rate."

OP
    Ali

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #59
    Being in Norway I thought you knew about dancing heroics. :D Oh well..... To quote one of his interviews ...
    <Petter_Solberg>: I've been dancing for six years in the championship - that's why I have the rhythm on the stages!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    It's just funny to read that people see him this way, I mean he looks like a regular guy to me. They had a "documentary" here about him and his brother, they are close.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)