World Cup Lounge (14 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Morra10 said:
you cant be talking about henry because he was just clipped barely, and then the rest was him. He acted as if someone through a t.v at his back. he should of gotten a yellow card for embellishing it.....
Portugal would have been massacred by the media if they got the same call for the same play on the other end of the pitch. They would have been called "cheating bastards" 'til kingdom come -- far beyond what they've been called here already.

No question. There is a double standard here.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
swag said:
Portugal would have been massacred by the media if they got the same call for the same play on the other end of the pitch. They would have been called "cheating bastards" 'til kingdom come -- far beyond what they've been called here already.

No question. There is a double standard here.

i no......seeing how everyone thinks their a diving team, which come on they are, but it is all going to come back on henry because if you think about it his dives or embellishments have kept france in the tourny......who knows what would of happened if he didnt hold his face when puyol came across and barely touched his chest, they wouldnt of scored and it would of been alot tighter game.

its a shame because france did play well against brazil and they came out and played horrible against portugal. if ronaldo didnt dive as much as he has, i think he could of easily had a couple of good chances at net. i think i counted him diving about 5 times, just off the top of my head.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Portugal is a diving team. But then, Nedved isn't known for his vertical stability either... so it all depends on who you're willing to give slack to, and who not.

I'd argue that France (namely, Henry) has gone further on dives than most other teams have in this WC. But because of their pedigree, they're a little beyond rapproach -- fair or unfair.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
what really makes me mad is those idiots that only pick up soccer for the world cup. They have no idea what is going on and the only reason they cheer is because its their country ( which is cool, supporting your country is fine ) but when they make opinions about stuff they dont know it dives me crazy. So many people say italians are the biggest divers in the world, and i cant understand it. i watch the game i see what's happening and i see a few diver here and a few dives there, but it isnt just the italians who do it. Referee's need to referee matches and not think about all the divers out there, because ive seen some hard ass tackles not being called only because italy is playing. where other teams naming france which dont have a rep. of diving get away with it. (Henry) referee's feel they have to call it because he is a star and if he went to the ground it must be a call. i can think of another situation, in the ukraine tunisia match i think? sheva took a huge dive, just stumbled over his feet and looked to the ref. its getting out of hand. big name players get calls that some other players wont.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
Maresca said:
the nominies for the golden ball of the World cup 2006:

Gianluigi Buffon
Fabio Cannavaro
Gianluca Zambrotta
Andrea Pirlo
Patrick Vieira

Zinedine Zidane
Thiery Henry
Maniche
Michael Ballack
Miroslav Klose

------------------------

4 juve players and 4 Players of Italy..

we have 8 Players in the final of the world cup and moggi still tried to fix the matches.. :disagree:
i'm just dying to see del piero there hehe, 4 CURRENT JUVE PLAYERS ON THAT LIST AND 2 X JUVENTINO, what what :)

I hope canna wins it he deserves it the most...

hope italy beats the shit out of france aswell

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
Morra10 said:
what really makes me mad is those idiots that only pick up soccer for the world cup. They have no idea what is going on and the only reason they cheer is because its their country ( which is cool, supporting your country is fine ) but when they make opinions about stuff they dont know it dives me crazy. So many people say italians are the biggest divers in the world, and i cant understand it. i watch the game i see what's happening and i see a few diver here and a few dives there, but it isnt just the italians who do it. Referee's need to referee matches and not think about all the divers out there, because ive seen some hard ass tackles not being called only because italy is playing. where other teams naming france which dont have a rep. of diving get away with it. (Henry) referee's feel they have to call it because he is a star and if he went to the ground it must be a call. i can think of another situation, in the ukraine tunisia match i think? sheva took a huge dive, just stumbled over his feet and looked to the ref. its getting out of hand. big name players get calls that some other players wont.

WORD MAN henry is the biggest diver outhere, that semi final should have ended in a penalty shoot out, both teams didnt play well,especially france who never looked like it could score a goal...

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
cyril said:
i'm just dying to see del piero there hehe, 4 CURRENT JUVE PLAYERS ON THAT LIST AND 2 X JUVENTINO, what what :)

I hope canna wins it he deserves it the most...

hope italy beats the shit out of france aswell
Why would DP be on that list?

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Rami said:
I don't think so, I remember I saw him once speaking to ART, he was speaking french.

Maybe his Arabic is very bad.
Interesting. I was just reading about him a little and I found out that he had the option to play for Algeria, but was denied a spot by their coach because he felt he wasn't fast enough. :howler: He must be in an asylum.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Zé Tahir said:
Interesting. I was just reading about him a little and I found out that he had the option to play for Algeria, but was denied a spot by their coach because he felt he wasn't fast enough. :howler: He must be in an asylum.
true very true...

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Morra10 said:
it was a big call to give sheva that penalty and Tunisia were robbed of the game, it was supposed to be given penalty for Tunisia for a handball a few seconds before

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)