World Cup Lounge (1 Viewer)

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
mnementh said:
both undeserved penalties.
It should be interesting to know how stopping the ball from going in with your arm is not a penalty kick. Also today's situation is a 100% correct call. Ask any professional referee.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
The Xavier penalty was legit. Today's was begging. And worst of all -- it left the game up to a referee decision without any real initiative from the winner. Lame.

Italy should be handled the trophy and the whole bracket with France-Portugal-England-Brazil should be sent to detention.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Seven said:
Thing is some things do hurt like hell, but when you're over the initial pain that lasts for 2 minutes or so you're good enough to go on.
Sure some things hurt: I usually walk them off unless something is broken or seriously twisted or whatever. And if you do insist on lying down: at least don't do the whole rolling around "oh god it hurts so much"-routine.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
This game just left a very sour taste, noone came away with any credit. How Henry can be sucha fair and frightening prospect for Arsenal and be a go-down-very-easy kind of player for France is very strange. Portugal should be banned for their pathetic antic. Big Phil, hugely overrated as this world cup found him out. Abidal was there fro the taking, Ronaldo was on fire, and what do you do? Put Ronaldo in the middle where he is least effective, take off a very ineffective and frankly out of his depth, Pauletta, and bring on the poorest excuse of a striker you are likely to see in Postiga, whose only contribution was to get in the way of Figo to spoil great chance of equaliser. when will he learn that Simao is very ordinary and cannot change any game when brought on? Why did he bring Nuno Gomez if he had no desire to play him at all? Ronaldo apart, are any of the offensive players he brought as good as Quaresma? Anyways good riddance to bad rubbish
How tired were France? The old men were made to look old and they have to improve or Italy have to play very badly for them to become champs again

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
denco said:
This game just left a very sour taste, noone came away with any credit. How Henry can be sucha fair and frightening prospect for Arsenal and be a go-down-very-easy kind of player for France is very strange. Portugal should be banned for their pathetic antic. Big Phil, hugely overrated as this world cup found him out. Abidal was there fro the taking, Ronaldo was on fire, and what do you do? Put Ronaldo in the middle where he is least effective, take off a very ineffective and frankly out of his depth, Pauletta, and bring on the poorest excuse of a striker you are likely to see in Postiga, whose only contribution was to get in the way of Figo to spoil great chance of equaliser. when will he learn that Simao is very ordinary and cannot change any game when brought on? Why did he bring Nuno Gomez if he had no desire to play him at all? Ronaldo apart, are any of the offensive players he brought as good as Quaresma? Anyways good riddance to bad rubbish
How tired were France? The old men were made to look old and they have to improve or Italy have to play very badly for them to become champs again
spot on, henry should be ashamed for calling barcelona divers and this is the 2nd time he dived to get a major result this world cup.

i dont know why big phil insists on putting ronaldo in the middle when the game isnt going his way ..also postiga ?no comment there, leaving nuno gomes who much better on all aspects, same goes to simao....and insisting on one man upfront, why ? ur losing throw everything on the tired french team, but no he doesnt

i think the french should thank god they have thuram at the back.And makelel too, although he looked very tired towards the end

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
the nominies for the golden ball of the World cup 2006:

Gianluigi Buffon
Fabio Cannavaro
Gianluca Zambrotta
Andrea Pirlo
Patrick Vieira

Zinedine Zidane
Thiery Henry
Maniche
Michael Ballack
Miroslav Klose

------------------------

4 juve players and 4 Players of Italy..

we have 8 Players in the final of the world cup and moggi still tried to fix the matches.. :disagree:

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Cannavaro deserves it way more than anyone else in that list except for zambrotta maybe. If France beat Italy in the final then i have a feeling they will give it to zidane which would be so wrong. Although if Canna lifts the cup then i think he has it in the bag. On ITV 1 last night there were 4 juve players in the team of he tornament. buffon, canna, zambrotta and kovac.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Stevie11 said:
Cannavaro deserves it way more than anyone else in that list except for zambrotta maybe. If France beat Italy in the final then i have a feeling they will give it to zidane which would be so wrong. Although if Canna lifts the cup then i think he has it in the bag. On ITV 1 last night there were 4 juve players in the team of he tornament. buffon, canna, zambrotta and kovac.
don´t forget Pirlo, he is the secret of this Italia.. Italy never had such a defensive midfield player. I would say, one of cannavaro or Pirlo should win it

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
ZhiXin said:
I don't know how Klose is in there, he is once again invisible in big games again.
To Klose's credit, he did get the equalizer against arguably one of the best sides in the tournament.

But agreed about Ballack. Not a poor performance, but neither a memorable one either. Particularly one worthy of merit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)