World Cup Lounge (4 Viewers)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
If history repeats itself it will show that last time 4 teams were all european Italy won it in 1982.

Italy also made the 1970, 1982 & 1994 WC final. Meaning if they make this one (2006) will continue thier record of making the final every 12 years. Not to mention it was always againts european opponents in the semis.

The trend would also suggest they win every second one againts a european team and always lose to Brasil so good thing for Italy there out.

Also ironically when Italy beat Germany in 1970 semi-final they lost their 2nd round game to a korean team in their previous WC. Any resemblance?

Not too mention that last time Italy won the World Cup there was a betting scandal on. Same as now.

Brazil were favourites and considered to have their best side ever, just like now and lost in QF just like now.

:angel2:

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
Jeeks said:
He sure is the BOSS but we did not win the CL when he was here either :(
in fact we lost 2 finals. ... flop. ;) I really do prefer Nedved in general. And we got Buffon because of that deal.... good riddance I say :) I hope Italy will kick his ass in the final (or that Portugal..).

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
hey i like italy's chances.......what is it now 23 straight matches without a loss? there is no doubt our defense has looked the best in the tourny, and our offense is starting to come around. i hope we win it for all the faithful of the azzurri.

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
Stephan said:
always memorable ... can't believe that with below-par performance he still managed to beat that record, oof. Stupid Japan, I'm telling you that was sold by Zico. I guess Klose can pass him next WC (he has 10 now) but as for this WC, I hope he doesn't score goals aganst Italy but in the 3rd place match....

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
mnementh said:
No Ballon d'Or/FIFA award for Ronaldinho this year then :D
actually the one who wins ballon before wc year always seems to have a bad tournament, either bad luck or just bad (ronaldo won 97; baggio 93, van basten 89)

now i really wonder who will win it at the end of this year? it aint gona be ronaldinho anymore after so bad world cup.

mephiztopheles

May 27, 2006
Stephan said:
actually the one who wins ballon before wc year always seems to have a bad tournament, either bad luck or just bad (ronaldo won 97; baggio 93, van basten 89)

now i really wonder who will win it at the end of this year? it aint gona be ronaldinho anymore after so bad world cup.
i think that could be xplained by the fact that teams will try to eliminate the player from the team, which in this world cup happened to ronaldinho. I think Klose, if he finishes goalscorer (ther r math prob that other players can finish as goalscorers)

mephiztopheles

May 27, 2006
Stephan said:
well yeah, but they also count the club success. bremen, well not that good club.
Good point, but they still ended up runner-ups in der bundesliga, which like the 4th or 5th most famous league in the world, so not that bad, dont u think?

PD: if it werent for Wiese they would have eliminated us

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
Stephan said:
well if italy and france meet in the final, trez better stay on the bench.
oh yes of course :agree:

about the baloon d'or, baggio isn't really a good example. missed penalty yes but you can't do much better than he did in the end..

I knew Brazil will fail also because great stars of the CL always fail in the WC the next year... check and see. So the winner of the CL usually flops , like Massaro who beat ROMARIO in 94 cl final, or roanldinho beating henry in last CL... or spain and co beating Zidane for example in 98 CL.... maybe also a sign ;)

ballon d'or/fifa player of the year candidates IMO :

Deco, if good in semi final
Henry, if good in semi final
----> these two strongest candidates because of CL final I guess.
Toni maybe ??
Any other Italian who will surprise (even Del Piero ? ;) ) in these last two matches
Klose
Ballack
also Zidane... option.

I think that's it. They won't give it to defender (Canna) or keeper I guess.

My bet : unless something amazing from the italians, it will be Henry (damn) with Deco standing a chance too (nicer).

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
mephiztopheles said:
joga bonito my ass. Brazil may have had the biggest stars, but of all the wc champions that DID qualify, they had the worst team, simply bcuz they didnt have one.
But :applause to Ronaldo.
:lol:

Nike should be asking for their sponsorship money back. Eric Cantona was secretly rooting for France to wipe the floor with them anyway. ;)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
mnementh said:
oh yes of course :agree:

about the baloon d'or, baggio isn't really a good example. missed penalty yes but you can't do much better than he did in the end..

I knew Brazil will fail also because great stars of the CL always fail in the WC the next year... check and see. So the winner of the CL usually flops , like Massaro who beat ROMARIO in 94 cl final, or roanldinho beating henry in last CL... or spain and co beating Zidane for example in 98 CL.... maybe also a sign ;)

ballon d'or/fifa player of the year candidates IMO :

Deco, if good in semi final
Henry, if good in semi final
----> these two strongest candidates because of CL final I guess.
Toni maybe ??
Any other Italian who will surprise (even Del Piero ? ;) ) in these last two matches
Klose
Ballack
also Zidane... option.

I think that's it. They won't give it to defender (Canna) or keeper I guess.

My bet : unless something amazing from the italians, it will be Henry (damn) with Deco standing a chance too (nicer).
no you missed the point then, thats the thing, the player either choked or was totally unlucky and in baggios case unlucky. in ronaldinhos case choke :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)