World Cup Lounge (6 Viewers)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Alfio_87 said:
will Van basten stay on as coach? He has a hell of a lot to do!are u happy with him to continue?
The FA gave him a new contract until 2010.

As I see it: we've have re-entered the dark days of the cycle of Dutch football. Just like after the good performances of 1974 and 1978, after which we failed to qualify for a single World Cup in the 1980s.

See you on the other side... 2018 or something...

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
Erik said:
The FA gave him a new contract until 2010.

As I see it: we've have re-entered the dark days of the cycle of Dutch football. Just like after the good performances of 1974 and 1978, after which we failed to qualify for a single World Cup in the 1980s.

See you on the other side... 2018 or something...
thats a real risky call! Should of kept a hold of Hiddink IMO! I dont think Van Basten has the knowledge as of yet to bring a good side together! But Dutch football always creates talents as they have a wonderful system in place but fitting in as a side has always been a issue! Van Basten should b a assistant at best he was a great player but a very young coach! He has alot to learn tatically about the game also!

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
More than anything it pissed me off they didn't reach the semis. They almost had Italy and they could've had the Ukraine, I don't doubt the latter...

Alfio_87 said:
thats a real risky call! Should of kept a hold of Hiddink IMO! I dont think Van Basten has the knowledge as of yet to bring a good side together! But Dutch football always creates talents as they have a wonderful system in place but fitting in as a side has always been a issue! Van Basten should b a assistant at best he was a great player but a very young coach! He has alot to learn tatically about the game also!
Hiddink is out of our reach now. He was our coach in 1998 and resigned. I believe the FA asked him to return but he refused.

And Van Basten made a mistake when he didn't include an experienced assistant in his staff. Someone like Johan Neeskens. Van Basten has the tactical know-how to field a squad but doesn't seem to know how to judge the opponents (which explains why we keep being pushed back by bigger teams). And that makes sense, because it takes experience to know these things.

So now we're set to learn the hard way, because that's the only way Van Basten will learn himself. Euro2008 might be the biggest disaster yet...

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Erik said:
From Eindhoven, keep driving West until you're surrounded by the sea and come across this town:

More pictures (awesome stuff, you won't regret clicking the link):
http://www.pbase.com/nh/middelburg&page=all

Shit that is stunning! I love old historical buildings like that & im sure the place must be rich with culture.The pictures with the sunset reminds me of my place in Camps Bay with i had to sell:depressed

Thx Erik

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Byrone said:
Shit that is stunning! I love old historical buildings like that & im sure the place must be rich with culture.The pictures with the sunset reminds me of my place in Camps Bay with i had to sell:depressed

Thx Erik
Yeah it's an awesome place. It ranks 3rd or something on the national list of cities and towns to amount of monuments (and that for a town of only 50.000 inhabitants).

All we need now is a professional football club :D

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
Erik said:
More than anything it pissed me off they didn't reach the semis. They almost had Italy and they could've had the Ukraine, I don't doubt the latter...
Yes here in australia we enjoyed it i was very shattered at time but this is football! It can be a cruel sport we had our chances but we didnt risk enough in the end!

Erik said:
Hiddink is out of our reach now. He was our coach in 1998 and resigned. I believe the FA asked him to return but he refused.

And Van Basten made a mistake when he didn't include an experienced assistant in his staff. Someone like Johan Neeskens. Van Basten has the tactical know-how to field a squad but doesn't seem to know how to judge the opponents (which explains why we keep being pushed back by bigger teams). And that makes sense, because it takes experience to know these things.

So now we're set to learn the hard way, because that's the only way Van Basten will learn himself. Euro2008 might be the biggest disaster yet...
How did Van Basten come to being coach? Cause he has no history as coach so how did he end up being coach its like holland just thought great players become great coaches on there own! Its really mind bobbling.:disagree: Yes Neeskens has been brilliant for australia silly that we didnt snap him up for longer period but he wanted fulltime and we werent prepared to give it to him. His off to Barca now as assitant to Rijkard very good move!

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
ok so i am a wee bit behind here i have been insanely busy......
how fitting that cabiasso missed the last penalty for argentina, typical inter player, once a loser always a loser

england have the advantage today since deco will be the biggest loss to the portugese, can maniche come in and do a job?wait and see. will sven try and give boy-wonder rooney some support,or expect him to win it single handedly as usual?lets hope for a good game

zizou finally started to roll back the years against the spanish and hopefully can raise his game again for the mis-firing brazillians, they will never have a better chance to beat them. will ronaldo score yet again, despite never running more than 100 metres during a game?

if my dream comes true we will see france-portugal in the semi and an italian-frenchie final with azzurri gaining revenge for the final loss in 2000

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Alfio_87 said:
Yes here in australia we enjoyed it i was very shattered at time but this is football! It can be a cruel sport we had our chances but we didnt risk enough in the end!
True, true.

How did Van Basten come to being coach? Cause he has no history as coach so how did he end up being coach its like holland just thought great players become great coaches on there own! Its really mind bobbling.:disagree:
Well he spent about two decades on golf courses far, far away from football after his forced retirement (some say he turned into a buddhist lol). Then he came back, took some coaching lessons, trained the Ajax youth squad and then went on to become national coach...

To be fair: if it weren't for Ajax, Dutch football would be rubbish. So I suppose they deserve their share of influence.

Yes Neeskens has been brilliant for australia silly that we didnt snap him up for longer period but he wanted fulltime and we werent prepared to give it to him. His off to Barca now as assitant to Rijkard very good move!
Rijkaard is the best coach our NT ever had. He should never have quit after Euro2000. Frankie come back :sad:

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Id much rather see Engerland choke in the final agianst whoever it maybe Rob:D No offence to my english mates intended,just cant stand seeing skysports & bbc going on & on about how wonderful the england team is.

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
Erik said:
Well he spent about two decades on golf courses far, far away from football after his forced retirement (some say he turned into a buddhist lol). Then he came back, took some coaching lessons, trained the Ajax youth squad and then went on to become national coach...
Buddist thats why he is so relaxed when on the sidelines neva shows a hint of emotion! To b honest all respect to him as a player cause he was truly unbeleiveble but him as coach dosent look like working. I hope iam wrong cause ive always been a fan of dutch football!
Erik said:
To be fair: if it weren't for Ajax, Dutch football would be rubbish. So I suppose they deserve their share of influence.

Rijkaard is the best coach our NT ever had. He should never have quit after Euro2000. Frankie come back :sad:
Ajax youth system is truly brilliant they create players constantly it truly is dutch football heart and soul! Rijkaard would still b coach today if Holland had defeated Italy in the penalty shoot out with that side they would have went on to win the Euro. But than again this is football! But he has a dream side to work with at Barca . Neeskans wants to bring Neil to Barca that would b interesting anyway we will c thanks for ur time discussing abit about the dutch game always been a fan!:agree:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Alfio_87 said:
Buddist thats why he is so relaxed when on the sidelines neva shows a hint of emotion! To b honest all respect to him as a player cause he was truly unbeleiveble but him as coach dosent look like working. I hope iam wrong cause ive always been a fan of dutch football!
Well he's young, I suppose we should give him time. There is little time left concerning the national team, however.

He should go and work with a meaningless team first. Feyenoord or something. :D

Ajax youth system is truly brilliant they create players constantly it truly is dutch football heart and soul! Rijkaard would still b coach today if Holland had defeated Italy in the penalty shoot out with that side they would have went on to win the Euro. But than again this is football! But he has a dream side to work with at Barca . Neeskans wants to bring Neil to Barca that would b interesting anyway we will c thanks for ur time discussing abit about the dutch game always been a fan!:agree:
Yeah I can see why Rijkaard would want to stay at Barcelona. On the other hand; it's getting harder and harder to meet expectation over there. Winning the Champions League a second time might be one bridge too far.

And you're welcome. So have I, through nationality :D

Geof

May 14, 2004
Tonight, the duel between the last two world champions.

Brazil is seeking for revenge. Will France be able to keep up the recent good form?

Personally, I think Brazil will win

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Geof said:

Brazil is seeking for revenge. Will France be able to keep up the recent good form?

The only way France can win, I think, if is the Brazilians come out underestimating them. But if the Brazilians give it a full 100%, France stand no chance.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Geof said:

For an exciting WC id like to see Brazil lose this one.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)