World Cup Lounge (8 Viewers)

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
I agree with you Chx. Theres no special reason you should support the team extra because they are from the same continent. I dont pull extra for teams from Europe.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Match after match after match, in each one we witness bad refereeing.

Seven I concede, something very apalling is brewing behind the scenes.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
Espectro said:
Nop, Italy deserve to go trough becouse... well becouse they are Italy :D

This is precisely why FIFA is ruining it. They're helping all the classic and historically strong teams through (i.e. italy and brazil)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Dan said:
I agree with you Chx. Theres no special reason you should support the team extra because they are from the same continent. I dont pull extra for teams from Europe.
It's 'cause you live in Europe. You can't compare Europe to Africa, nor Europeans to Africans, you wouldn't understand.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Sir Sebastian said:
This is precisely why FIFA is ruining it. They're helping all the classic and historically strong teams through (i.e. italy and brazil)

thats bullshit italy wasnt helped through.......a horrible red card in the 50 minute is helping italy? the penalty shot was deserved, once the defender raises his arms like that he only has on intent and that is to stop grosso any way possible.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
Morra10 said:
thats bullshit italy wasnt helped through.......a horrible red card in the 50 minute is helping italy? the penalty shot was deserved, once the defender raises his arms like that he only has on intent and that is to stop grosso any way possible.

Funny, I think you will find that 95% of the world disagrees with you. (the other 5% being italian sympathizers)

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
if the whole conspiracy theory is infact true,then why werent the dutch helped?
the last 16 would have looked better with the dutch in it than portugal.

some big teams might be getting help,but not all.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
axlrose85 said:
if the whole conspiracy theory is infact true,then why werent the dutch helped?
the last 16 would have looked better with the dutch in it than portugal.

some big teams might be getting help,but not all.

The dutch were helped.

Ivory coast? That was another fucking joke of a game. No way they weren't helped in that one.

Portugal? Deco red card? Hmmmmmm.... whatever. But no, they weren't as blatantly sent to the next round as italy or brazil, maybe because Portugal is also an established team, and they want to repeat the Euro 2004 quarter final.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
axlrose85 said:
incidentally,did anyone see adriano's goal today?he was offside.now THAT is help.
Um, read the last 3 pages, it's all anyone talked about :D

The 3rd goal was offsides as well.

And that wasn't a red card in any way.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Sir Sebastian said:
Funny, I think you will find that 95% of the world disagrees with you. (the other 5% being italian sympathizers)

dude watch the tapes, because i have. the defender made a horrible play and if he wasnt their grosso had a great chance at goal. i can see if he covered his face with his hands but he didnt he put his arms in the air. he only had one intention and that was to not let grosso get by. and no many reporters and analysis of soccer have said it was a good call. its more like 50% / 50% ( the other 50 % would represent the italian haters, not wanted italy to do good in anything.)

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
Morra10 said:
dude watch the tapes, because i have. the defender made a horrible play and if he wasnt their grosso had a great chance at goal. i can see if he covered his face with his hands but he didnt he put his arms in the air. he only had one intention and that was to not let grosso get by. and no many reporters and analysis of soccer have said it was a good call. its more like 50% / 50% ( the other 50 % would represent the italian haters, not wanted italy to do good in anything.)

I have watched them at least 50 times now. It was obstruction, you're right, however obstruction does not call for a penalty. It's an indirect free kick.

jaansu

Jul 12, 2002
axlrose85 said:
maybe the world cup is rigged in favour of italy.with the whole scandal and all,FIFA might be hoping that a world cup victory will save arguably the biggest league in the world from chaos.
Even if Italy win the World Cup, Serie A will still be in chaos. I can't see it making much of a difference.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Sir Sebastian said:
I have watched them at least 50 times now. It was obstruction, you're right, however obstruction does not call for a penalty. It's an indirect free kick.

i no the rule i was a referee, but i dont think i would of called it because it did look in the beginning the player tryed to go for the ball. honestly an indirect free kick would of been a hard call to make under the circumstances.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)