World Cup Lounge (8 Viewers)

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Seven said:
Plain robbery. And not the first time this WC either. This World Cup, just like the last one, is a complete scam. Spain-Ukraine? Predetermined. Red card of T&T against Sweden? Predetermined. Holland-Ivory Coast? Predetermined. Italy-Ghana? Ridiculous refereeing from the linesman. No, once again too many mistakes to remain credible. Up yours Blatter.
1st predetermined: Spain was already leading 2-0 and the Ukranian side were really abysmal and did nothing all of the first half and up to the penalty. So whats really the point of giving Spain a third goal. If "someone" wanted to help Spain, then he must be stupid to pull strings for that match.

2nd Predetermined: True that Avery John went down for the ball, but nontheless it was a very dangerous and reckless tackle, he busted Wilhemson's kneecaps, a deserved second card. I don't remember the first card though. Anyhow if it was predetermined, I don't think the scoreline wouldv'e ended 0-0, I am sure the Ref had ample of opportunities to give Sweden a penalty. (Carlos Edward's tackle of Freddie Ljunberg in the 82nd minute comes to mind).

3rd predetermined: True the Ref was awful, but PK kicks were deserved for both teams.

4th predetermined: You mean Kuffour tackling Iaquinta??

In all cases Andries, I think your delusional:D.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Espectro said:
cause there were at least 3 clear penaltys that he decide not to see, all for Ivory Coast
If this is any litmus test for unbiased eyes of someone who doesn't watch football closely very often, my wife clearly thought the ref had it out for the Elephants in today's match.

Not that I buy the conspiracy theory argument at all. But the ref didn't do his job, IMO, by making himself and his calls a noticeable part of the Ivory Coast-Holland match outcome.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Rami said:
1st predetermined: Spain was already leading 2-0 and the Ukranian side were really abysmal and did nothing all of the first half and up to the penalty. So whats really the point of giving Spain a third goal. If "someone" wanted to help Spain, then he must be stupid to pull strings for that match.

2nd Predetermined: True that Avery John went down for the ball, but nontheless it was a very dangerous and reckless tackle, he busted Wilhemson's kneecaps, a deserved second card. I don't remember the first card though. Anyhow if it was predetermined, I don't think the scoreline wouldv'e ended 0-0, I am sure the Ref had ample of opportunities to give Sweden a penalty. (Carlos Edward's tackle of Freddie Ljunberg in the 82nd minute comes to mind).

3rd predetermined: True the Ref was awful, but PK kicks were deserved for both teams.

4th predetermined: You mean Kuffour tackling Iaquinta??

In all cases Andries, I think your delusional:D.
1st predetermined: it was 0-0 when Ukraine were robbed twice of an excellent one on one chanche ;). It's not just the penalty, it's the four offsides I'm talking about as well.

2nd predetermined: He hardly even hit Wilhelmsson, you might not know dear Christian very well, but he'll go down at the slightest hint of a foul.

3d predetermined: Oh come on, they should have all been in favour of Ivory Coast. It's just not normal you get robbed of three penalties.

4th predetermined: I mean Italy getting robbed of two clear cut chances, Kuffour not getting a yellow and Gyan not getting a second yellow for his blatant dive.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Seven said:
1st predetermined: it was 0-0 when Ukraine were robbed twice of an excellent one on one chanche ;). It's not just the penalty, it's the four offsides I'm talking about as well.

2nd predetermined: He hardly even hit Wilhelmsson, you might not know dear Christian very well, but he'll go down at the slightest hint of a foul.

3d predetermined: Oh come on, they should have all been in favour of Ivory Coast. It's just not normal you get robbed of three penalties.

4th predetermined: I mean Italy getting robbed of two clear cut chances, Kuffour not getting a yellow and Gyan not getting a second yellow for his blatant dive.
Ok Andries you explained the fouls on the "victims", but how do you explain Sweden not getting a penalty for Ljunberg? Especially that it was in the 82nd minute and the score was 0-0? It wasn't a clear cut penalty, but the ref couldv'e gotten away with it! Same goes for Robben's penalty against Ivory Coast.

All I am saying is, that if your hypothesis of some teams are being favored, then why hasn't this favorism show when it was most needed/clear?

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Zé Tahir said:
maybe we should sign Ricardo as our back-up keeper to Abbiati should we go down to serie B. :D
I thought that too, but seriously maybe he made few mistakes, but also made great saves, If we bought an Idiot like Chimenti as a back up, why not to sign him?

Zé Tahir said:
Can you believe Aqwa and Ricardo don't have teams..
can you Believe most of their players play Portugal's second division?? :shocked:

these guys are already heroes, with all the problems they have, and they give headaches to the likes of Portugal and Mexico??? :thumbs:

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
What we have to determine here is whether the world cup is a fix, as some are suggesting, or wheher its just incompetent/unprofessional officiating. Its quite probable that a ref from say I don't know haiti for arguments sake will not have the correct level of experience and maybe easily influenced by big teams for instance. He may also have personal preferences and want to make a name for himself. See the Italy-S Korea ref in 2002. I don't think there's any overall corruption here though at all. Though it is ridiculous that certain refs are even there

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
it might be fixed or not, but I don't believe Fifa or Uefa do these kinds of dirty work, they are not stupid to do a suicide like that.

But what that Idiot Moreno did in Korea match, is arguable, and I think it was on purpose, and was no way a "human error" ,as he was banned later for doing something similar somewhere else. . I don't know how these refrees are being appointed. thou I agree about the Quality of the refrees, the one of Hol-CIV match was definitly not a world class refree, he was interupting the game a lot, like measuring Centi meters when free kicks were being taken. And I just hope the rest of the Errors he made was not on purpose, but you can't say the opposite just by watching it from tv, that's childish IMO, these kinds of mistakes happens everytime everywhere..

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Tom said:
What we have to determine here is whether the world cup is a fix, as some are suggesting, or wheher its just incompetent/unprofessional officiating. Its quite probable that a ref from say I don't know haiti for arguments sake will not have the correct level of experience and maybe easily influenced by big teams for instance. He may also have personal preferences and want to make a name for himself. See the Italy-S Korea ref in 2002. I don't think there's any overall corruption here though at all. Though it is ridiculous that certain refs are even there

good post tom, i disagree with saying that the games are pre deteremined and i think its just poor refreeing thats the main cause for the tonnes of, offsides, red cards, and penalties not given to the players being assualted in the penalty area.

did any one notice the amount of hand balls that go unpunished i was happy to see the angola player get a red card for handling theball with his hand last night besides that incident there are alot of hand balls that go unpunished.

by the way coool signture with the crouch bits, its hillarious!!!!!!!!!!:D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Tom said:
Who appoints the refs you think? Appointing incompetent refs who are sure to succumb to the pressure and thus give in to certain teams is a form of corruption as well.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Rami said:
Ok Andries you explained the fouls on the "victims", but how do you explain Sweden not getting a penalty for Ljunberg? Especially that it was in the 82nd minute and the score was 0-0? It wasn't a clear cut penalty, but the ref couldv'e gotten away with it! Same goes for Robben's penalty against Ivory Coast.

All I am saying is, that if your hypothesis of some teams are being favored, then why hasn't this favorism show when it was most needed/clear?
Simple: you can only go that far. Denying Ivory Coast three clear cut penalties and giving Robben a very very very debatable one is just out of the question.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
nope seven, i dont think crouches goal was any where near a foul. it looked like a foul bec crouch is double the hieght of the defender. but i doubt it being a foul.

the obvious fouls or penalties r the ones that happen in ivory coast vs holland.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
juve_ruler said:
nope seven, i dont think crouches goal was any where near a foul. it looked like a foul bec crouch is double the hieght of the defender. but i doubt it being a foul.

the obvious fouls or penalties r the ones that happen in ivory coast vs holland.
He was obviously leaning on the T&T defender, he prevented the guy from jumping up. A foul.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
iran vs portugal has just started and i am really happy to see that the iraninans noticed how ali daee was pulling them down. now they just need to make sure that there goalie doesnt make silly mistakes and that should see them hold up a bit against portugal as its a must win situation for them now and they have a glimpse of hope after mexico screw up last night against angola.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Seven said:
Simple: you can only go that far. Denying Ivory Coast three clear cut penalties and giving Robben a very very very debatable one is just out of the question.
Yet it wasn't going too far by awarding spain a penalty and a red card for the Ukranian for that phantom penalty:p

Unluckily for your hypothesis, it still doesn't hold with Sweden-TT match, in which you have so cleverly and conveniently doged ever since we started this discourse;)

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
its the 34th min and the ball pocession is 69% portogual, and 31% for iran. so far its obvious portugal is tearing iran apart. the iranians barely attack them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)