OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,302
    Actually I want them to win.

It seems that the Swiss have no clue how to shoot a penalty.

Ukraine win 3 - 0; good game against Italy.

Geof

May 14, 2004
    too bad for the Swiss. this was probably their one chance to go far in a tournament.

Can't wait for Sheva to meet Italy. I hope Nesta will be back

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Missing three out of three is really exceptionally poor. You shouldn't even be nervous when taking the third, hell it's not like they can really put all the blame on you.

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
    Stuart said:
    Shev missed another penalty.
    I didn't catch that shot (changed channels) but I find it strange they let him kick the first penalty. Ususally the last penalty taker is reserved to the best, which I would think would be Sheva... (supposedly).

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    mnementh said:
    I didn't catch that shot (changed channels) but I find it strange they let him kick the first penalty. Ususally the last penalty taker is reserved to the best, which I would think would be Sheva... (supposedly).
    ukraine coach probably thought that they will get a good start letting sheva score first. The first penalty is always important. but at the end, other ukraine players kept their nerves cool and where not affected by sheva miss.

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    mnementh said:

Thats purely cos the Ukraine are full of shite players so they lets sheva take the first penalty to settle there nerves. Shame the swiss couldnt capitalise on that. Hence: thats why they went out! :smoke:

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    Moggi D'Messiah said:
    Even with Argentinas second team they'll destroy this pathetic German Squad. Trust! Argentina are in the semis against Italy. Thats the real final. :agree:

i dont know about that argentina had a few problems against mexico but then gathred up and turned things around. germany on the other hand finished off the swedes in the first 15 mins of the first half. i hope argentina gets thru but to be honest who ever wins will give italy a hard time. infact both teams are strong but argentina ia a bit superior specially there offensive options are quite superb.

i honestly dont know which team to wish for. i think argentina will make it thru germany if everything goes well and by this i mean no refree favours for the host nation ( sth i doubt i am pretty sure there will be favours for the german team.)

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,318
    Moggi D'Messiah said:
    Even with Argentinas second team they'll destroy this pathetic German Squad. Trust! Argentina are in the semis against Italy. Thats the real final. :agree:
    That's why I hoped the Germans would cheat. Geez.

:p

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Stephan said:
    ukraine coach probably thought that they will get a good start letting sheva score first. The first penalty is always important. but at the end, other ukraine players kept their nerves cool and where not affected by sheva miss.
    Bah. Flashbacks of Liverpool... ;)

Funny how it's been Sheva's teammates carrying him on their backs more than the other way around in this WC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)