World Cup controversy thread,Sepp seen leaving hotel with giant SWAG bags (85 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
Ya, i mean i'm pretty sure there are more Americans in the gulf than there are Emarati's or Qatari's in America. I said "most probably" because i have no actual empirical evidence that supports my claim, but i think its very fair to assume its true. The whole logic is flawed though, because even if my original claim was true, it probably doesn't mean that the gulf is a better place to live in than America. The whole reason the argument started was because Burke said that the US was a better place to live in than the gulf, he supported his claim by pointing out that more Arabs move to America than Americans move to the Arab world, which is true when you factor in the whole Arab world, my point is, that isn't a valid measure for which country is a better place to live in.
:agree:
It's not at all a measure for the better country.If it was a right way,then i could say England is a better country than USA because there are more Americans in England than vice versa.:shifty:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
You know what will be super cool?

England to not qualify at all for WC 2018 after missing out on hosting it and an automatic qualification.
From being organizers and strong candidates to win the WC to not even play at the WC.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

England to not qualify at all for WC 2018 after missing out on hosting it and an automatic qualification.
From being organizers and strong candidates to win the WC to not even play at the WC.
I'm looking forward to the new NT teams and England imo, has potential. A team with Wilshere and A.Johnson I reckon will be pretty strong.

Although they always hype the English team and look how they do.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

That would be amazing :D

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Blatter slams 'bad losers'

Fifa president denies corruption within organisation

Blatter: Criticises English response

Now some of them are showing themselves to be bad losers

Fifa president Sepp Blatter has labelled England 'bad losers' following their failed 2018 World Cup bid.

Russia and Qatar were last week chosen by Fifa's executive committee to host the 2018 and 2022 World Cups respectively, with England's bid falling at the first hurdle after only receiving two votes from a possible 22.

The decision has sparked an expected negative reaction up and down the country, with bid chief Andy Anson claiming that the voting process needs to be reformed, saying England were promised votes that never came.

Suggestions have been made that Fifa were influenced by reports of corruption from within the British media, after the Sunday Times revealed that committee members Amos Adamu and Reynald Temarii accepted money in return for their votes.

Blatter admits he has been surprised by the response in England, and also criticised the reaction of all losing bidders.

"To be honest, I was surprised by all the English complaining after the defeat. England, of all people, the motherland of fairplay ideas," Blatter told Swiss magazine Weltwoche.

"Now some of them are showing themselves to be bad losers. You can't come afterwards and say so and so promised to vote for England.

"The results are known. The outcome came out clearly.

"I really sense in some reactions a bit of the arrogance of the western world of Christian background. Some simply can't bear it if others get a chance for a change.

"What can be wrong if we start football in regions where this sport demonstrates a potential which goes far beyond sport?"
Influenced

Anson has suggested that Blatter influenced the executive committee before the vote by reminding them of the negative reports in the British media.

However, Blatter rejected such allegations and denied that there was corruption within the organisation. He added: "There is no systematic corruption in Fifa. That is nonsense. We are financially clean and clear."

He did concede, though, that Fifa would be trying to clean up its image in the light of recent bad press, claiming he wants to set up a taskforce to look into compliance issues.

"We need to improve our image. We also need to clarify some things within Fifa," he remarked.

"Football has become a monster which has to be tamed by Fifa. We do that and we do it well. In particular after the World Cup in Africa because nobody believed in it.

"The awarding of the World Cup has become a political issue. Heads of state pay court to me."

Asked if he would still be Fifa president to open the World Cup in 2022, Blatter said: "Definitely not. If god wills it, I will be invited to the opening party on crutches or in a wheelchair."

England sent Prime Minister David Cameron, Prince William and David Beckham to Zurich as part of a final delegation to secure late votes, but their presence was not enough to persuade the executive committee.

And when asked about calls by Cameron for a radical reform of Fifa, Blatter said: "Prime Minister Cameron is heartily invited to make his proposals."

----

The highlighted part should please some folks.:D

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Some comments from english posters on skysports.:D

Julian Cosgrove says...

The FA should sue them for £15million, the cost of the campaign. There was never a criteria that stated the WC should go to a 'new' nation. Their own independent body said England had the best bid. To punish a country for uncovering corruption is indefensible and smacks of facism. Only 3 of the delegates asked to see the England Bid Technical report. 3 out of 22! That tells us how seriously they took the bid and how they wasted our time and money. All they wanted was countries to lie prostrate at their feet like royalty. The masons & the illuminati have nothing on this secret society. I say let's get out with other like minded nations, take the best clubs with us and set up our own organisation.
Chalie Ritter (Manchester United fan) says...

From the US how can Qatar host the World Cup instead of the United States or Australia. Who wants to go to a country in the middle of the desert , that is the biggest joke of all. What needs to happen the better footballing nations from Europe and South America need to break away and form a new tournament and see how long FIFA can survive.
Alastair Crook says...

Would'nt it be nice if England withdrew from the Fifa world cup, and started a breakaway world cup compitition, a bit like they did in Boxing. I am sure many other Countries would come on board.
Ian Losz (Liverpool fan) says...

I would certainly support a "developing area" to host the World Cup if it was not based on money. If it would mean Middle East peace - all the more reason. However, Qatar hosting a World Cup is down to the fact they could buy the votes to do so. There are several countries that have strived to develop football that could have dome it justice. The answer may be for some of the prominent nations to boycott the World Cup - you cannot suspend all of them. If the 4 home nations, Australia, USA, Spain and Holland stay away, it could mean financial disaster for both Qatar and FIFA. The power need to shift away from corruption.
Bryan Rideout says...

Lets all move on enjoy the best league in theworld In the years to come when russia have failed to provide a great world cup : we can say we told you so Mr blatter posted wednesday 8 / 12 / 2010
M I (Middlesbrough fan) says...

ONLY ONE WAY TO GET BACK AT THE IDIOT AND WIN THE WORLD CUP, IF ONLY
Alex Johnson (Manchester United fan) says...

the world cup is boring anyway its just full of 0-0 draws i prefer the champions league anyway its actually exiting and stuff happens
Philip Byrne says...

blatter talkin about fair play,now dat is a joke.this man is simply a joke who is very jealous of the english game which is loved by everybody ,worldwide.just wait until them russian hooligans cause riots and then i would like to see his face
Frank Durcan (Aston Villa) says...

Blatter's definition of bad losers : those who give out after being cheated out of something.Henry V IrelandThe goal that was not given for England in the World cupEngland 2018The List gets longer as his bank account gets fuller,Corruption is riff in football from the top down!
Cameron Strigo (Manchester United) says...

It is time for Sepp to go or for all the "sore losers" to start there own international soccer federation. Let's see how long he can last without all of the sore losers of the world.
Cameron Strigo (Manchester United) says...

It is time for Sepp to go or for all the "sore losers" to start there own international soccer federation. Let's see how long he can last without all of the sore losers of the world.
John Kennedy says...

Blatter must be terrified because I'm sure the British press will find a scelton in his cupboard
Paul Mehrtens (Liverpool) says...

did anyone really believe that england would get to host trhe world cup it was obvious they wouldn't get it blatter and the rest can't stand us there jelous of the premier league and everything and jelous of the fact that the football world loves englisch football
Keith Owen (Liverpool) says...

The fact of the matter is that blatter is a corrupt racist and hates the English. What happened was clearly and deliberately orchestrated by Blatter and the rest of his Fifa cronies in retaliation for the UK media investigation into corruption of Fifa officials (how else do you explain that he only vote won was from a nation accused of corruption - they were clearly attempting to make a point - that being do not ever question us).I would love to see the country unite against this by having all UK clubs refuse permission for any of their players to take part in the world cup. Think about how many top international players play in our leagues - this would severely weaken many international teams and the world consequently ruin the world cup as a spectacle. We cannot take this lying down - I shall not be watching any world cup events (so as far as I'm concerned all the sponsors can save their money - I won't be watching anyhow). I don't see why I should raise the profile and revenues of an organization (Fifa) that cares nothing at all for our perspectives / interests and only wants to make money out of us in return.
-------

Such gracious losers,love it.:D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

As the locals would say, "Brilliant!" :superhapp

Man, I cannot tell you how much I threw up in my mouth last night watching the Champions League on TV here in South Africa. The broadcasters acting as if Arsenal were the home team for the viewing audience... :yuck:

And then the video highlights? No, it's not Marseille scores a goal and advances... it's Chelsea might lose their unblemished record in the group stages. I mean, obviously the latter is more important news. Other teams may score, but whoever it is, the talk always goes back to some EPL team. It's disgusting.

Blatter slams 'bad losers'

Blatter: Criticises English response

Now some of them are showing themselves to be bad losers

"I really sense in some reactions a bit of the arrogance of the western world of Christian background. Some simply can't bear it if others get a chance for a change.
Shit. I am agreeing with Sepp Blatter. WTF is wrong with me? :shifty:

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
As the locals would say, "Brilliant!" :superhapp

Man, I cannot tell you how much I threw up in my mouth last night watching the Champions League on TV here in South Africa. The broadcasters acting as if Arsenal were the home team for the viewing audience... :yuck:

And then the video highlights? No, it's not Marseille scores a goal and advances... it's Chelsea might lose their unblemished record in the group stages. I mean, obviously the latter is more important news. Other teams may score, but whoever it is, the talk always goes back to some EPL team. It's disgusting.
Now you know why i can't stand the EPL & their supporters.:D It's disgusting, as if the EPL & La Liga(barca & real) are the only leagues worth watching & praising.:tdown:

Shit. I am agreeing with Sepp Blatter. WTF is wrong with me? :shifty:
Don't worry, you aren't alone.:D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Now you know why i can't stand the EPL & their supporters.:D It's disgusting, as if the EPL & La Liga(barca & real) are the only leagues worth watching & praising.:tdown:
Oh, how could I blame anyone? But I get that too in the States. For some reason, the announcing team they used for their South Africa broadcast was even more disgusting.

It's not even a question about judging what leagues are worth watching and praising. It's that it demeans the actual sport itself -- turning EPL team opponents into mere, dispensable actors for our enjoyment. The viewer is insulted and appreciation of the actual sport of it is flipped on its head.

An EPL club scores a goal and it's, "Oh, that's the stuff Arsenal needed! Surely they are in command!" A non-EPL club scores a goal and it's, "That will make it harder for Arsenal now. Surely they could have defended that better." It's like the other club doesn't even exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 85)