World Cup controversy thread,Sepp seen leaving hotel with giant SWAG bags (37 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
ßöмßäяðîëя;2793494 said:
No, I'm being a realist. If it was better to live in that area of the world, more people would do it. More ex-pats would be seen in Arab countries, but correct me if I'm wrong, but more Arabs move to WESTERN countries....

...because they are better.
In general more Westerners come to the gulf than gulf nationals go to the West, the latter only happens for education reasons. There is very little reason for a Saudi or an Emarati or Qatari to move to the West, there are lots of reasons why Americans, British and Australians come to the gulf. So actually your post above only applies to Arabs from the Levant, Egypt and the Maghreb.

OP
JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #1,108
    ‎"We were and still Bedouins, we live in tents, our food is dates and water only, and we are ready to return to what we used to. Are you Westerners can live without Oil?" - King Faisal

R.I.P
    I grow my own vegetables and can collect rain water better than Bear Grylls :alen:

Apr 12, 2004
    In general more Westerners come to the gulf than gulf nationals go to the West, the latter only happens for education reasons. There is very little reason for a Saudi or an Emarati or Qatari to move to the West, there are lots of reasons why Americans, British and Australians come to the gulf. So actually your post above only applies to Arabs from the Levant, Egypt and the Maghreb.
    You are the one that said "Arab country," not me.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    ßöмßäяðîëя;2793952 said:
    You are the one that said "Arab country," not me.
    Ok i change it to gulf country then :D

My point is, if your going to apply that logic, then why don't you ask yourself why people come from the US to the gulf, but not from the gulf to the US. It shows you how flawed your logic is, unless your willing to admit that the gulf is a better place to live.

Sep 1, 2002

My point is, if your going to apply that logic, then why don't you ask yourself why people come from the US to the gulf, but not from the gulf to the US. It shows you how flawed your logic is, unless your willing to admit that the gulf is a better place to live.
    They go there because the think it's a great place to play golf.
    Not very good at r.e.a.d.i.n.g.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005

then you need to compare apples to apples, why would a rich affluent american move to the gulf? and theres plenty of cases of the opposite just go to boston

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    then you need to compare apples to apples, why would a rich affluent american move to the gulf? and theres plenty of cases of the opposite just go to boston

I don't need to compare anything, i think its a flawed logic. There are most probably more Americans in the gulf than vice versa, but does that mean anything? Probably not, it probably only means that gulf countries are wealthy countries who have a relatively low number of citizens.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    I don't need to compare anything, i think its a flawed logic. There are most probably more Americans in the gulf than vice versa, but does that mean anything? Probably not, it probably only means that gulf countries are wealthy countries who have a relatively low number of citizens.
    the comparing you were already doing, what you need is to do it properly. And despite the "wealth" the gulf countries are third world countries for a reason.

Apr 12, 2004

I've met quite a few Iraqis and Saudis in the area.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    You're claiming flawed logic in one sentence and saying "most probably" in the next. Just thought I'd point that out.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Ya, i mean i'm pretty sure there are more Americans in the gulf than there are Emarati's or Qatari's in America. I said "most probably" because i have no actual empirical evidence that supports my claim, but i think its very fair to assume its true. The whole logic is flawed though, because even if my original claim was true, it probably doesn't mean that the gulf is a better place to live in than America. The whole reason the argument started was because Burke said that the US was a better place to live in than the gulf, he supported his claim by pointing out that more Arabs move to America than Americans move to the Arab world, which is true when you factor in the whole Arab world, my point is, that isn't a valid measure for which country is a better place to live in.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)