World Cup controversy thread,Sepp seen leaving hotel with giant SWAG bags (106 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #963
    Thats not the point, Seven said that the world cup shouldn't be given to countries that blatantly violate human rights. I responded by saying that if we follow that criteria then the US should be last on the list of possible hosts.
    The point being foreign policy is one thing, especially during war time, domestic policy being mistreatment of slaves is somewhat different. That happens on the doorstep of the tournament.

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    We're not worse that Qatar, because we don't allow freaking slavery. They have slaves in the 21st century. How fucking bizarre does that sound?

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    Just came from work, don't really feel like reading all the posts all the way back.

Common sense someone already said so though. It's fucking slavery

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
    Just came from work, don't really feel like reading all the posts all the way back.

Common sense someone already said so though. It's fucking slavery
    What do you know about slavery in Qatar? What kind of slavery?

Because if true, I'm going to Qatar tomorrow by car definitely going to buy some slaves. Women preferred :sergio:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    fuck qatar? i have been on the case of the french, spaniards, and brits' case not to mention 99% of the forum on the americans' sicne i joined no one seemed to mind. And tbh its quite comical the desis would feel any sort of sympathy for that filthy corner of the earth

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    I don't feel any sympathy of Qatar. I'm just having some fun with people who are complaining for all the wrong reasons.

"you can't drink there...women wear veils there...do people even like football there...they bribed fifa...they violate human rights"...It's all bullshit.

I think there's only one real reason why they shouldn't host it. The FIFA WC rotation policy is done as every continent save Australia has hosted it (though I guess FIFA counts them as Asia) so any nation with a good bid could have gotten it. I can think of a dozen other countries that should be allowed to host it that actually have a bigger footballing culture. And by that I mean nations that have given something to football in terms of success and players developed. In that regard Qatar deserves it as much as the island of Palau.

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    I don't feel any sympathy of Qatar. I'm just having some fun with people who are complaining for all the wrong reasons.

"you can't drink there...women wear veils there...do people even like football there...they bribed fifa...they violate human rights"...It's all bullshit.

I think there's only one real reason why they shouldn't host it. The FIFA WC rotation policy is done as every continent save Australia has hosted it (though I guess FIFA counts them as Asia) so any nation with a good bid could have gotten it. I can think of a dozen other countries that should be allowed to host it that actually have a bigger footballing culture. And by that I mean nations that have given something to football in terms of success and players developed. In that regard Qatar deserves it as much as the island of Palau.
    IS the national team of Palau full of Brazilians too?

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

:lol2: that would be something. Not allowed to drink during the WC.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
    Aug 27, 2008
    fuck qatar? i have been on the case of the french, spaniards, and brits' case not to mention 99% of the forum on the americans' sicne i joined no one seemed to mind. And tbh its quite comical the desis would feel any sort of sympathy for that filthy corner of the earth
    I don't have any sympathy for Qatar. I'm just pissed at the fact that the 'others' here think that they have some god given right to host it. Its laughable that when anyone else wins the bid its corrupted but the 'others' bids are clean. Human rights violations, binge drinking, blah blah blah. So I'm glad that Qatar won just to piss off the 'we are better than you, but I won't tell that directly to your face' people around here. And yeah, I am also glad that if I'm alive then, I can watch the football games live and need to spend only for the match tickets and everything else will be taken care by one or more of my countless relatives there :D

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006

icεmαή;2791671 said:
    I don't have any sympathy for Qatar. I'm just pissed at the fact that the 'others' here think that they have some god given right to host it. Its laughable that when anyone else wins the bid its corrupted but the 'others' bids are clean. Human rights violations, binge drinking, blah blah blah. So I'm glad that Qatar won just to piss off the 'we are better than you, but I won't tell that directly to your face' people around here. And yeah, I am also glad that if I'm alive then, I can watch the football games live and need to spend only for the match tickets and everything else will be taken care by one or more of my countless relatives there :D
    Brown Bastards FTW :heart:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 106)