World Cup controversy thread,Sepp seen leaving hotel with giant SWAG bags (24 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Isn't the whole point/idea about all this topic and issue having a good organized world cup???

What people seek in WC's other than a good organized ones?
Secondary. If the process were to be optimized for organization, it would never leave the host city every four years.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Isn't the whole point/idea about all this topic and issue having a good organized world cup???

What people seek in WC's other than a good organized ones?
No. A lot of people want a World Cup to come to their country. Because not everyone can host out, they look into who most deserves the World Cup based on several criteria. Most of those criteria have got to do with telling FIFA what your World Cup is going to be like. Qatar did not have the best bid, so they did not deserve the World Cup. But will they be able to make it decent? Yes.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Then I don't see why you're complaining about it.

You're moaning for Qatar hosting the WC and God forbid who knows, you might be kidnapped in 2014 in Brazil (while attending WC games)...

Being biased isn't good. One should judge the WC when the tournament is over, just like what we all did in 2002 (Korea-Japan) and 2010 (South Africa).

If you let your biased opinion out of you, you might as-well consider the Qatar WC in 12 years to be the most successful. Just saying. You never know.
You should make an appointment to meet in this thread after it's over to discuss.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Nice, I'll certainly be in Russia, gotta be fun, last time I went there it was really enjoyable in terms of partying and fun people, cheapest cigarettes and vodka I've seen anywere in the world. Quatar sucks in terms of visiting, but at least it's in a decent time-zone, so it's not the worst possible scenario.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Sounds like a plan. But I wouldn't want to be alone here with Albert, Jack's son and Dusan, you guys should make an appointment too :D
A long awaited congress starring Rab, president of the biggest detergent firm in Romania, Andries, moderately successful pop singer in Belgium, and Greg, head of a multinational that operates in Dubai and South Africa.

OP
JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #895
    Buying votes using other means and bribing using money isn't much different.

Is it known for sure that Q & R bribed voters? I think it's as much a fact that they did as the US and England did.
    Is it known for sure? No, although I'm sure information will come out in enough time. Is it most probable? Yes.

England's bribe must have been pretty bad. No, they just sent the big guns in in terms of personnel and a quality bid, wasn't enough, FIFA don't benefit enough from seeing Prince William and David Cameron.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #896
    People are honestly thinking that this is a bid beauty contest? C'mon -- how naive can you get? The only way England will get to host again is when everyone else's European bid falls through or implodes.

And that's the way it should be. I mean, even the Olympics didn't return to Athens for over 100 years...

I was thinking about that. It would be a genius idea if not for the fact that the club calendars of much of the world would clash with it.
    If that's the case then one of three things need to happen: FIFA is scrapped as the leading football authority, FIFA reform their voting process, or we scrap the voting process altogether and stop wasting time, money and ambition putting together pointless bids. Just write it on a piece of paper now who is going to have the World Cup, as they 'deserve' it, by virtue of never having it before.

2014 Brasil
    2018 Russia
    2022 Qatar
    2026 Nigeria
    2030 Greece
    2034 China
    2038 Canada
    2042 Sweden-Norway
    2046 UAE
    2050 Morocco
    2054 Turkey
    2058 Malaysia....

2298 England
    2302 USA
    2306 Argentina
    2310 Antarctica
    2314 Moon
    2318 North Korea

Easiest way of doing it, no time wasting.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    If that's the case then one of three things need to happen: FIFA is scrapped as the leading football authority, FIFA reform their voting process, or we scrap the voting process altogether and stop wasting time, money and ambition putting together pointless bids. Just write it on a piece of paper now who is going to have the World Cup, as they 'deserve' it, by virtue of never having it before.

2014 Brasil
    2018 Russia
    2022 Qatar
    2026 Nigeria
    2030 Greece
    2034 China
    2038 Canada
    2042 Sweden-Norway
    2046 UAE
    2050 Morocco
    2054 Turkey
    2058 Malaysia....

2298 England
    2302 USA
    2306 Argentina
    2310 Antarctica
    2314 Moon
    2318 North Korea

Easiest way of doing it, no time wasting.
    Malaysia-Singapore*

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    The bid part is like the interview questions at a beauty pageant. Nobody cares what's coming out of your trap if you can stuff a swimsuit.
    how very perfectly said.

you sir, should be a poet.

I wonder though, is hosting a major event like this a net gain or less for the host country? They certainly have to front a lot of cash to make it happen, but do they make it up?
    will probably be a big net loss in this case.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)