World Cup controversy thread,Sepp seen leaving hotel with giant SWAG bags (93 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Not being funny but why would it be refreshing to have it in Qatar when it has just been in South Africa, how much refreshment do you want? :D
Different culture-mentality and south africa is a much bigger country in comparison to Qatar.

Plus we really need such big events in the middle-east. This part of the world is really desperate for a change.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Different culture-mentality and south africa is a much bigger country in comparison to Qatar.

Plus we really need such big events in the middle-east. This part of the world is really desperate for a change.
The change you are talking about can't come from a World Cup.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I'm not moaning, but if you were a man, you would have insulted me here, not in the coward rep sentences.
Excuse me! If I were a man? Coward? :D

Why would I be scared to 'insult' you here or anywhere for that matter, Corleone?

Grow the fuck up, bro.

I don't have a miserable life. It is too bad you think of anybody else in the region as inferiors to you just because they are not from the Gulf countries. You need centuries to understand what I say here. I know.
:lol:

When did I ever say that? Man, you're just completely paranoid. Your intentions are crystal clear for me, now.

Oh yeah, I need centuries to reach your level of wisdom and intelligence, FFS :D

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Interesting development. SevenPlusOne, don't get yourself banned, I want to see how this turns out.
Banned for what, Martin?

Let's be honest here. He insulted an entire nation and its people. Now he's calling me a coward for -repping him!

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Excuse me! If I were a man? Coward? :D

Why would I be scared to 'insult' you here or anywhere for that matter, Corleone?

Grow the fuck up, bro.

:lol:

When did I ever say that? Man, you're just completely paranoid. Your intentions are crystal clear for me, now.

Oh yeah, I need centuries to reach your level of wisdom and intelligence, FFS :D
Just complete one paragraph without insulting me. I bet you can't because that is what you excel at.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Just complete one paragraph without insulting me. I bet you can't because that is what you excel at.
:D Nice try.

So, you're sensitive now. Weren't you the one calling me a coward? Do I really need centuries to understand your comments? I doubt it.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Qatar is an abomination of a country. It shouldn't even exist. And we give it the World Cup. That's the issue, swag. Not your "world" bullshit. We give football to democracies.
Whose "we"? and since when have world cups been given on the basis of political systems?

Qatar has slaves, Ahmed. SLAVES.
Ever heard of western corporations like Nike?

The UAE isn't all that different. And the slave argument is a funny one, as I was thinking about that in Dubai. Clearly a lot of people are getting lower-wage jobs by emigrating and sending money back home. This happens between, say, Central America and the U.S. as much as it does the UAE and India and Malaysia. The difference is mostly about the definition of citizenship.

In the U.S., the immigration policy is a bit of don't-ask/don't-tell, as we hate the immigrants but love the lower labor costs. In places like Qatar and the UAE, it's above the table. The good news is that a lot of the criminal issues of an illegal market are avoided. The bad news is that while you can have so many immigrants openly working in the country, as in the UAE, at the same time they can never become citizens. (Well, only the wife of a UAE citizen -- never men.) Which is a better system?

Cultural relativism for sure. But you could argue that the system in the Middle East towards migrant labor at least doesn't make the act of providing foreign labor illegal as it is in the U.S. Even if immigrants stand a chance to naturalize in the U.S. but virtually never in the UAE. Which one is a fairer system by human rights? You start throwing bricks in glass houses if the US were to start using that argument.

And let's face it -- not every nation on this planet gets to be Italy. But that is how the world is, that is what's part of the world, and denying those differences is to close off exposure to what it means to be a true world sport.

Dude, fuck the Chinese -- I thought the Sydney Olympics were the best summer games thus far. And don't worry -- Australia will get the World Cup eventually.
:tup:

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Who knows ! Perhaps that world cup will be the first step towards that change.
I doubt anything will come out of this except glorifying their leader.

:D Nice try.

So, you're sensitive now. Weren't you the one calling me a coward? Do I really need centuries to understand your comments? I doubt it.
Ok.

I'm intrigued, you're always such a nice guy around here.
Life is full of surprises.

I hope to see boobies in Qatar.
Don't worry. They will do anything to please the Westerners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 93)