World Cup controversy thread,Sepp seen leaving hotel with giant SWAG bags (31 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
and it was also about politics and money 16 years ago as well.

therefore your complaining is just for the sake of it, and nothing else.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
We had the superior bid and that was a very good World Cup.

We're comparing Qatar to the US. I know you won't admit it, but this a massive joke.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
was still a punt for the most part back then as well.

that it turned out great was to be expected, I haven't seen any host nation do a 'bad' job, it's always done well for the most part.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
And Qatar will be a very good world cup too. They successfully conducted the Asian Games in 2006 and I am sure they'll successfully conduct the world cup in 2022 too.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

and it was also about politics and money 16 years ago as well.

therefore your complaining is just for the sake of it, and nothing else.
That can't possibly be compared. USA had and still has at least some sort of football potential, Qatar has none. The whole point of the Qatar bid is to fill pockets of certain people, not to promote football.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
was still a punt for the most part back then as well.

that it turned out great was to be expected, I haven't seen any host nation do a 'bad' job, it's always done well for the most part.
That's not really an argument. None of the other hosts have anything to do with Cutter.

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008
That can't possibly be compared. USA had and still has at least some sort of football potential, Qatar has none. The whole point of the Qatar bid is to fill pockets of certain people, not to promote football.
What makes you so sure? The Gulf has a great fan base for football. They might not have a good footballing heritage, but they do have a huge fan base. Hell if it weren't for the Gulf, I wouldn't be watching football. I'd probably be swinging a bat to hit a ball. The region deserves it as much as any other country.
And pockets are filled every time. If it weren't Qatar it'd be another country.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
based on your encyclopedic knowledge of Qatari football?

everybody has to start somewhere, and already in a very short space of time the Qatari league has become one of the most professional and organised leagues in Asia.

they will be hosting the Asia Cup next month, give it a look and see for yourself if they do a good job or not.

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008
based on your encyclopedic knowledge of Qatari football?

everybody has to start somewhere, and already in a very short space of time the Qatari league has become one of the most professional and organised leagues in Asia.

they will be hosting the Asia Cup next month, give it a look and see for yourself if they do a good job or not.
India will be there, Pakistan won't :shifty: :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
icεmαή;2787955 said:
What makes you so sure? The Gulf has a great fan base for football. They might not have a good footballing heritage, but they do have a huge fan base. Hell if it weren't for the Gulf, I wouldn't be watching football. I'd probably be swinging a bat to hit a ball. The region deserves it as much as any other country.
But you just admitted why you're backing this decision. It wasn't the validity of the bid, but instead you just want a games in a specific region. It wasn't about who offered more, but rather who was located where.

Thanks for playing.

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008
But you just admitted why you're backing this decision. It wasn't the validity of the bid, but instead you just want a games in a specific region. It wasn't about who offered more, but rather who was located where.

Thanks for playing.
While you are against the bid going to a nation where you can't drink beer in open. You weren't looking at the best bid yourself Andy, don't act like you were.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
icεmαή;2787955 said:
:disagree:

You don't exercise!

Anyways, Fifa went for the big money, with both choices. Can't say I'm surprised or outraged, even if they would not have been my choice(s). Shame we don't get to host it though, don't see us trying to bid again during my own lifetime.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I've yet to see a proper argument from you for your assertion that Qatar are going to fuck it up.
In your view.

But saying that X and Y country didn't fuck it up, so therefore Z country will not, makes no sense, isn't an argument, and shouldn't even be entertained.

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008
:disagree:

You don't exercise!

Anyways, Fifa went for the big money, with both choices. Can't say I'm surprised or outraged, even if they would not have been my choice(s). Shame we don't get to host it though, don't see us trying to bid again during my own lifetime.
Come to Qatar. Mo is arranging accommodation and booze. I will provide the entertainment :eyebrows: Gay style, just the way you like it :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
icεmαή;2787966 said:
While you are against the bid going to a nation where you can't drink beer in open. You weren't looking at the best bid yourself Andy, don't act like you were.
So personal freedoms don't matter?

Ah yes, I guess they don't in your region.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)