World Cup controversy thread,Sepp seen leaving hotel with giant SWAG bags (32 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
No, it is NOT true. There weren't any stadiums located in Death Valley, the hottest location in the United States, where the average high is 115 degrees during the summer. 120 is the average high in Qatar in the same months.

It was "hot" in comparison to the normal temperatures seen in the US, not friggin' Doha.
Sour grapes.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
It's called Qatar :D

Sorry for you guys. I really wanted WC 2018 to be hosted in Nottingham, Market Square would be an awesome place to celebrate.
Cheers I was expecting my phone to correct it but it didn't :oops:

I know, I'm pretty gutted, I'll be taking my back the bid 2018 sticker from my car window tomorrow after driving round with it there for nearly 2 years. I'm more sorry for the kids who would have experienced something wonderful.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Answer the question honestly.

Or don't, i think you got the point now.

Also, how is this

any less of a rash statement than mine?

You know absolutely nothing about Qatar, and you actually showed that in the above quoted post.
How? I severely doubt that in Qutar people get so drunk they fall all over the place and get in fights, the women too. Its not a presumption, I know this because even when I go on holiday to a place like Spain people think we are excessive and crazy drunks. So it's no presumption.

Why should I answer on your demand?
You on the otherhand called into question the worthiness of a whole country, I merely highlights one difference in culture, maybe not a bad thing.
But your statement was full of negativity.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
How? I severely doubt that in Qutar people get so drunk they fall all over the place and get in fights, the women too. Its not a presumption, I know this because even when I go on holiday to a place like Spain people think we are excessive and crazy drunks. So it's no presumption.

You on the otherhand called into question the worthiness of a whole country, I merely highlights one difference in culture, maybe not a bad thing.
dude listen to yourself.

you think all this stuff won't be taken into account when security arrangements and logistics are put in place?

they'll hire the fuckin' SAS if they have to to make sure all goes according to plan.

jeez!

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
dude listen to yourself.

you think all this stuff won't be taken into account when security arrangements and logistics are put in place?

they'll hire the fuckin' SAS if they have to to make sure all goes according to plan.

jeez!
I'm not saying they won't, I'm sure they will. And I'm further sure that they will do it well.

What Fred did and what I'm annoyed about is the fact that he categorically wrote off England as being a crap world cup host.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

The majority of Doha residents are expatriates, there's a considerable number of westerners and especially Americans and British there, there probably won't be any shocks in that respect.

By your logic, even your statement of Qatar being capable is not valid, you've never been to the country after all, so how would you know if its capable or not?

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I'm not saying they won't, I'm sure they will. And I'm further sure that they will do it well.

What Fred did and what I'm annoyed about is the fact that he categorically wrote off England as being a crap world cup host.
well you should read the stuff Nico and Andy have been saying, it's a case of just desserts.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

How do you know they will. You're statement of you being sure Qatar will do well is just like me writing England off, except at different ends of the spectrum. When i wrote England off, you said i've never been to England therefore i am in no place to make such a statement, well by that logic you are in no place to say that you're sure Qatar will do well. You know absolutely nothing about the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)