World Cup controversy thread,Sepp seen leaving hotel with giant SWAG bags (98 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
For someone that's never been to England you sure talk like you know a lot about it.

Show me how me talking about England is any worse than you lot talking about Qatar, i lived in Scotland for 7 years, and i have been to England too actually(granted England was when i was a kid), most of you haven't even been to Asia as a whole let alone the middle east.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Show me how me talking about England is any worse than you lot talking about Qatar, i lived in Scotland for 7 years, and i have been to England too actually(granted England was when i was a kid), most of you haven't even been to Asia as a whole let alone the middle east.
Don't turn this on me, I've not said anything about Quatar going to be awful, I'm sure it'll be great, you're just being so paranoid.
This is about you making a statement with the class and integrity of an absolute moron.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Don't turn this on me, I've not said anything about Quatar going to be awful, I'm sure it'll be great, you're just being so paranoid.
This is about you making a statement with the class and integrity of an absolute moron.

What do you think about Botswana hosting a world cup? Answer honestly and don't bullshit?

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Can somebody please explain to me how a country can end up hosting a bad world cup? How would a country go about doing something like that? No games gets played? Your favorite team doesn't do well? They refuse to let people attend the games? How, explain..

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
It's called Qatar :D

Sorry for you guys. I really wanted WC 2018 to be hosted in Nottingham, Market Square would be an awesome place to celebrate.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Can somebody please explain to me how a country can end up hosting a bad world cup? How would a country go about doing something like that? No games gets played? Your favorite team doesn't do well? They refuse to let people attend the games? How, explain..
Well, hosting it in a country that's generally unsafe, where you can't travel to the game without getting robbed etc (Somalia?), that would be a bad World Cup experience for the fans. In stadia that are poorly constructed and collapse.

It's not really that hard to brainstorm.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
No, it is NOT true. There weren't any stadiums located in Death Valley, the hottest location in the United States, where the average high is 115 degrees during the summer. 120 is the average high in Qatar in the same months.

It was "hot" in comparison to the normal temperatures seen in the US, not friggin' Doha.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Stop turning this on me, this is about you. You've made an absurd and rash presumption. I haven't.
Answer the question honestly.

Or don't, i think you got the point now.

Also, how is this

I think they'll be capable but there's no way that they'll ever be able to anticipate how much the Brits, Germans, Dutch, Aussies and Yanks will consume in alcohol. It will be a culture shock on both sides.
any less of a rash statement than mine?

You know absolutely nothing about Qatar, and you actually showed that in the above quoted post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 98)