World Cup controversy thread,Sepp seen leaving hotel with giant SWAG bags (101 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
The ball had a lot to say, but the weather weren't good either. It was the worst football I've ever seen in a WC or EC.
That's bound to happen when geographically half of the world thinks that July is in the summer and the other half thinks its winter. So it's either that or having a northern or southern hemisphere only events or playing it in January now and then -- which is a mess for global club schedules too.

That said, being there for it, the winter in Cape Town was nicer than summer in my home of San Francisco at the time.

And yeah, the actual football play was some of the worst and most boring I've seen. But I'd blame the teams and coaching for that, not the venue.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
It's all about Brazil in 2014.

World Cup in Qatar. If I went, the only thing I'd be able to do is go to games, I doubt I could even afford to stay there.

Russia seems pretty cool.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
As someone who isn't a big fan of English football, I can say that this development is rather pathetic. It appears that they never even considered England to host it.
Too much posing and not enough :andyandbarcelona: for England, yo.
just a shot in the dark, but perhaps they sold the 'passion' shit too much I guess.

And one was from an Englishman. This is very strange, doesn't even remotely follow predicted betting which had between 5 and 7 'certainties' for England.
indeed, effectively just one vote!

OP
JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #188
    But England was running for the 2018. I wanted to be England 2018 and Qatar 2022.
    To be honest, as I said before, I would have supported a stronger Arab bid for 2022 as I wasn't particularly sold on the US idea given they hosted as recently as 1994, but I think it is a very small country hosting which can only be successful if they use the opportunity to combine the whole middle east.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    It's all about Brazil in 2014.

World Cup in Qatar. If I went, the only thing I'd be able to do is go to games, I doubt I could even afford to stay there.

Russia seems pretty cool.
    one USD gives I think 4 Qatari dinars.

you will be fine.

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
    Aug 6, 2007
    I thought Qatar was the best? Come on, admit it, you are just pleased an Arab country won one.
    Sure i'm pleased,but as long as Qatar was not competing with England i was supporting England for 2018.Who can deny the fact that a world cup in England would be amazing?

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    1703: So two people who voted for Netherlands/Belgium in round one, switched allegiances to Russia in round two even though Neth/Bel were still involved. I don't really understand that.

1657: Full results of 2018 voting:

Round 1: England 2 votes, Netherlands/Belgium 4 votes, Spain/Portugal 7 votes and Russia 9 votes.
    Round 2: Netherlands/Belgium 2 votes, Spain/Portugal 7 votes and Russia 12 votes (Russia obtain absolute majority)

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
    That's bound to happen when geographically half of the world thinks that July is in the summer and the other half thinks its winter. So it's either that or having a northern or southern hemisphere only events or playing it in January now and then -- which is a mess for global club schedules too.

That said, being there for it, the winter in Cape Town was nicer than summer in my home of San Francisco at the time.

And yeah, the actual football play was some of the worst and most boring I've seen. But I'd blame the teams and coaching for that, not the venue.
    But shoulden't it be played under the best condition's? I have to blame the ball. Even Spain played like shit.

OP
    JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #198
    Sure i'm pleased,but as long as Qatar was not competing with England i was supporting England.Who can deny the fact that a world cup in England would be amazing?
    I wasn't even bothered that much about England :D Although I think FIFA are taking it beyond a joke now, '66 was a long time ago. Of course now you have many more bids which in theory could be successful, so more competition, but FIFA is very cliquey and money orientated and I don't think England hold much sway. In fact looking at the bids gathered they have next to none, they were royally shafted, excuse the pun.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 101)