World Cup 2022 LIVE thread (23 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
The Martinez boner is a good representation of this World Cup. The football was pretty good but everything else was just a mockery to the sport and to the world in general. Thanks for that but good riddance Arab world.
Love how every criticism about Qatar was met with whataboutism.
Yeah, we know the West isn’t perfect. But we complain all the time here about things we don’t like. Can you do the same in the Middle East? Not to mention, as far as human rights goes, there is no comparison between the two.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Love how every criticism about Qatar was met with whataboutism.
Yeah, we know the West isn’t perfect. But we complain all the time here about things we don’t like. Can you do the same in the Middle East? Not to mention, as far as human rights goes, there is no comparison between the two.
Well, Tyler Adams did say, "I think as long as you see progress, that's the most important thing." Does that still hold then?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
They are so annoying they make you side with fucking qatar
I think the way they used this World Cup to highlight LGBTQ+ struggles is absolutely disgusting. Truly despicable.

The death toll of migrant workers is in the thousands. I don't even want to know how many have suffered debilitating injuries. There has been tremendous suffering because of all this. And you want to talk about your rights? Just how callous can you be? To use this World Cup to focus on the difficulties transgenders and gays may face has made me lose almost all sympathy for them.

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
I think the way they used this World Cup to highlight LGBTQ+ struggles is absolutely disgusting. Truly despicable.

The death toll of migrant workers is in the thousands. I don't even want to know how many have suffered debilitating injuries. There has been tremendous suffering because of all this. And you want to talk about your rights? Just how callous can you be? To use this World Cup to focus on the difficulties transgenders and gays may face has made me lose almost all sympathy for them.
Can't they do both? I don't see how this bothers you so much. I think the coverage of human rights abuse of migrant workers has been plenty, but of course more is better.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Can't they do both? I don't see how this bothers you so much. I think the coverage of human rights abuse of migrant workers has been plenty, but of course more is better.
No, you can't do both.

There is a time and place to have certain debates. Qatar should never have been about LGBTQ+ rights. Those rights are only guaranteed in a very small part of the world with a very specific cultural background. Do I believe in those rights? Yes. Do I think this is the first step that we should take in a highly religious, deeply conservative monarchy that enforces (parts of) sharia law and has a class system? I do not.

And you say coverage of human rights abuse of migrant workers has been plenty? I disagree. All I heard this World Cup was LGBTQ+. Migrant workers were hardly ever mentioned. It's so stupid I half suspect the Qatari government to have tried to make it about this so the migrant workers would disappear.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Its okay to do a lot of topics, but how many lgbtq+ are there even in qatar? There're 313k qataris and 2.3m foreigners, most of whom choose to go there. We're talking about what, the rights to practice sexuality for ~10k lgbtq persons there? The migrant worker issue is just so much larger it makes no sense its made secondary to the rainbow movement.

Jun 16, 2020
Its okay to do a lot of topics, but how many lgbtq+ are there even in qatar? There're 313k qataris and 2.3m foreigners, most of whom choose to go there. We're talking about what, the rights to practice sexuality for ~10k lgbtq persons there? The migrant worker issue is just so much larger it makes no sense its made secondary to the rainbow movement.
Exactly this frustrated me a lot during the start of the WC when all media were crying about rainbows. Fucking rainbows

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

As if Russia wasn't openly hostile to de gays...

Meanwhile, Mexico fans are chanting "Puuuuutooooo!" on set pieces... go figure.

No, you can't do both.
100% this. Damn progressives fall all over themselves with "no cause left behind". You cannot go to an LGBTQ+ march without someone beefing about animal rights or crying about abortion rights or gun control. They look as cohesive as the 78 bumper stickers shat on the backs of their Volvo station wagons.

Stick to one message and stay on message, amateurs.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
As if Russia wasn't openly hostile to de gays...

Meanwhile, Mexico fans are chanting "Puuuuutooooo!" on set pieces... go figure.

100% this. Damn progressives fall all over themselves with "no cause left behind". You cannot go to an LGBTQ+ march without someone beefing about animal rights or crying about abortion rights or gun control. They look as cohesive as the 78 bumper stickers shat on the backs of their Volvo station wagons.

Stick to one message and stay on message, amateurs.
To be fair Mexico does get fined whenever they do it in an international match.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

Lol maybe don’t be so weak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)