World Cup 2022 LIVE thread (21 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
France are slowly but surely getting closer to Germany and Italy.

Since 1998 France played in:

4 WC finals and 2 Euro finals

Germany in 2 WC finals and 1 Euro final

Italy in 1 WC final and 2 Euro finals

With the talents the frogs are producing at an insane speed they're gonna catch up sooner or later, just a matter of time

Germany and Italy have stagnated and even regressed big time in recent years
Italy have won a major trophy more recently than France. Just sayin’

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent save indeed. But if the French guy scored, would that have been the most heartbreaking goal of all time? I'm glad the Argie saved it and it was settled on penalties.
Would’ve been a totally undeserved result for France.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
players of the tournament: Mbappe, MartInez the gk, Messi, in that order.
Jabroni of the tournament: Lautaro and its not even close.
I say Cristiano Ronaldo. His greatest rival won a world cup and settled the Messi vs Ronaldo debate for all time; he got benched for both knockout matches and was pretty much told to GTFO from the NT; he celebrated scoring a goal he didn't even score.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
The debate has always been a bit forced for me. Ronaldo did exceedingly well to make it a close competition but I don't think Messi needed a WC to be considered the better out of the two.

I feel the same way with Mbappe and Haaland. It also helps that both Mbappe and Messi play for superior footballing nations.

As someone said, Messi's real competition was Maradona and now he is in the same tier as Pele and Maradona or perhaps even surpassed them.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
There are only 5 countries in the World that won 5 or more medals at the World Cup. And their order in top 5 is very easy to agree on:
Brazil are first, because they won it 5 times. Germany are clear second, close to first. They played more WC finals than Brazil (8 vs 7) and won more medals than Brazil (12 vs 9), but won one gold medal less.
Italy are third. As many gold medals as the Germans, but less finals (6 vs 8) and less medals (7 vs 12).
Argentina are 4th. Three gold medals, 6 finals.
France are 5th. Two gold medals, as many as Uruguay, but many more finals (4 vs 2) and medals (6 vs 2).

The order is indeed easy to agree on.

I think the biggest game in international football is probably Italy - Brazil though. Obviously there have been huge games between Italy and Germany or Germany and Brazil, but Italy - Brazil has had the most memorable games. 1970, 1982, 1994... They also have two very conflicting styles of play, which only adds to the imagination.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
The order is indeed easy to agree on.

I think the biggest game in international football is probably Italy - Brazil though. Obviously there have been huge games between Italy and Germany or Germany and Brazil, but Italy - Brazil has had the most memorable games. 1970, 1982, 1994... They also have two very conflicting styles of play, which only adds to the imagination.
This is purely subjective. The biggest game imo will be the game between the two best teams at the time.

Italy-Brazil wouldn't be the biggest game in football today.

Personally, given the support Argentina and Brazil enjoy outside their countries, a game between these two nations would create the most hype.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
This is purely subjective. The biggest game imo will be the game between the two best teams at the time.

Italy-Brazil wouldn't be the biggest game in football today.

Personally, given the support Argentina and Brazil enjoy outside their countries, a game between these two nations would create the most hype.
Of course it's subjective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)