World Cup 2022 LIVE thread (29 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Agreed. Gary lineker drives me up the twist. The way they were talking about england after the Senegal game, you'd think they knocked out prime Brazil.

After the Italia 90 debacle with the England fans, on top of the Heysal disaster and the Euro 2020 final mayhem, I don't understand how any italian or even any juve fan for that matter, can bring themselves to support this nation of animals. At least with countries like France and Brazil, although they are rivals, they have a bit more decency and respectability about them than the English.
Don't you live in England?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boksic

May 11, 2005
England's problem is not even the players. I could probably forgive the fans too, they're just dumb. But the pundits. My god, the pundits. With the arrogance of colonialists they act high and mighty and pretend to know everything, but what they're saying almost always lacks substance. And I base my opinion mostly on the BBC. The fucking BBC, which is supposed to be a bastion of high standard journalism.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
The BBC is often atrocious. The fact Lineker is their highest paid employee when you could have someone do the same job for a fraction of the cost sums them up, at the public's expense too.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Don't you live in England?
I do, and not far from Wembley. I still remember the events of 11th July 2021 vividly. Let's just say they were enough to convince me that the English were truly the bottom of the barrel when it comes to anything football related.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
England aren't talentless failures, they've been rugby and cricket World champions, have a bunch of athletics medalists and so on. It's just that football brings the worst out of the fans and pundits are so arrogant and petty. The fans lose the plot when things go wrong and after the Black's missed the penalties against Italy, my God did the fans crucify them.

I get the pundits have to be optimistic and they're fans themselves but this whole shit about Qatar being terrible, goading Germany, sucking off Messi until they remember the Falklands and Beckham being red carded, its too much to handle. They hype the players too much then when they disappoint, the media are always on their back. Sterling is the prime example, best English player at the Euros then treated like shit because he went to Chelsea, now they backtrack and say he's a big game player.

English media is pure cancer and for that reason, they shouldn't get the chance. Nothing against the English players but come on, I've not seen an outstanding English player since Rooney.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
I dont see how you could make statements like those. Except for Japan other Asian, North American and African countries havent improved at tactical or technical level to the extent they would challenge Euro sides. Ghana got destroyed by England, US by Netherlands, etc. Occasionally one of the countries from the other continents will make a deeper run, QFs, like Morocco but there is no consistency. The best football academies and coaches are in Europe. Every promissing player will move here. Morocco didnt reach the QFs because their academies produced good players, they learned craft in Europe at some of the best clubs, that poached them at youth level. The story of other continents needing just this and that goes around for the last 30 years. Yet, there are 5/8 quarter finalists from Europe, 4 last winners of the WC from... Europe.
Europe have won last 4. If the penalty Neuer did against Pipa had been given, it may have been at least one less.

Now, I said tactically have improved and if you can't see it that's your problem. England wasn't better tactically than Senegal, they were better technically. Netherland against US is the only example of an European team overcome a team from another federation in a tactical level. Asian teams are way better tactically and they even gave a couple of exhibition against almighty European teams.

Your excuses with Morocco are just cheap, "they are european" lol, you can say the same about almost any South America nation double lol. They were better tactically than Spain, technically they were just bad and that's the only reason why Morocco didn't win the game before the penalties.

Italy and Germany used to be better than anyone in a tactical level and that was enough, now it's not. Technical level is the only Gap that it's still there. Considering modern football has almost zero creativity and dribbling skills bar Brazilians; technical level is the only major advantage between European and South American teams against the rest. That's my opinion anyway

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Much nicer things to 'observe' in Portugal tbh

unrelated: What is a nice telephoto lens for full frame
I may be in California right now, but remote working to Portugal we're observing the Immaculate Conception holiday.

The idea being how could a virgin give birth to the baby Jesus.

But nobody talks about the real miracle: if you're celebrating the conception on Dec 8 and Jesus' birth Dec 25, how dafuq does a woman squirt out a fully developed child in only two and a half weeks?

Ahhh, the miracles of religion...

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I may be in California right now, but remote working to Portugal we're observing the Immaculate Conception holiday.

The idea being how could a virgin give birth to the baby Jesus.

But nobody talks about the real miracle: if you're celebrating the conception on Dec 8 and Jesus' birth Dec 25, how dafuq does a woman squirt out a fully developed child in only two and a half weeks?

Ahhh, the miracles of religion...
:lol: at the people who still believe this literature

Anime fans should be apologized to bc at least they know it’s not real

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Technically they call it "The Feast of the Immaculate Conception". But seriously. If you're going to put that as a holy holiday about Jesus' conception only two and a half weeks before his birth, you don't think anybody is going to make a connection?

That's just the church doubling down on unbelievable nonsense.

That's like Trump in Oct 2016 claiming a conspiracy between the "Clinton machine" and the media at rigging the election ... a month before he won it. Then also claiming Hilary was taking performance enhancing drugs before their debates and she should be tested.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Europe have won last 4. If the penalty Neuer did against Pipa had been given, it may have been at least one less.
If my grandma had a dick, she would be a grandpa.

Now, I said tactically have improved and if you can't see it that's your problem. England wasn't better tactically than Senegal, they were better technically. Netherland against US is the only example of an European team overcome a team from another federation in a tactical level. Asian teams are way better tactically and they even gave a couple of exhibition against almighty European teams.
Senegal got destroyed both tactically and technically. If you cant see it, it is your problem.

Your excuses with Morocco are just cheap, "they are european" lol, you can say the same about almost any South America nation double lol. They were better tactically than Spain, technically they were just bad and that's the only reason why Morocco didn't win the game before the penalties.

Italy and Germany used to be better than anyone in a tactical level and that was enough, now it's not. Technical level is the only Gap that it's still there. Considering modern football has almost zero creativity and dribbling skills bar Brazilians; technical level is the only major advantage between European and South American teams against the rest. That's my opinion anyway
Cool, my opinion is those teams are far behind in every aspect of football game and results reflect that. You may continue dreaming about everyone else catching up though.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
As Alen said, football is all about pace, power and athleticism now and all the top European teams have a sizeable percentage of players of African descent representing them. With France, it's majority actually and it's only going to increase with other European nations. This will ensure Europe maintains the status quo.

Apr 12, 2004
As Alen said, football is all about pace, power and athleticism now and all the top European teams have a sizeable percentage of players of African descent representing them. With France, it's majority actually and it's only going to increase with other European nations. This will ensure Europe maintains the status quo.
Then why do African teams typically suck? As they aren't African by descent, they are just African.

And you don't mean African as much as you mean Black.

The answer is in finances. Rich people leave shitty places to go to nice places. Rich people can pay for their kids to go to academies and get good coaching.

It's not descent as much as it is money.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
If my grandma had a dick, she would be a grandpa.

Senegal got destroyed both tactically and technically. If you cant see it, it is your problem.

Cool, my opinion is those teams are far behind in every aspect of football game and results reflect that. You may continue dreaming about everyone else catching up though.
First one, assuming sexuality, shame on you!

Second one, Senegal with a better technic would have score at least 1 before england, that would have been a different game because they were doing a good game tactically until first goal

Third one, Italy and Germany are sending clear signals. Asian and African teams overcome tactically European teams several times in Qatar; if there weren't 13 places from UEFA, it would be easier to notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)