World Cup 2022 LIVE thread (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Gaymar #24 will be pegged by his sister with the World Cup trophy and Messi will be on the internet making infographics about how many goals he scored against Osasuna

funny world
:cr7:
Messi going to be talking about how many goals he could've scored in England, Germany, and italy if they were worth his time. History will be rewritten to Messi didn't NEED to go to another league to prove himself and ACKTUALLY he didn't get any favorable calls in Lol Liga, really fouls against him were called LESS than other players and ACKTUALLY he wasn't an international failure it was really all the other players around him.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Since Cameroon in 1990 we all expect teams outside Europe and the SA top 3 to make a step forward but I don't see it. The gap is as big as it was 30+ years ago. South Korea's "success" in 2002 had nothing to do with quality, and everything else from North and Central America, Africa, Asia and Australia was one huge disappointment.
Japan have consistently played well though. They went out because of a last minute goal against Belgium after leading 2-0 last time and on penalties against Croatia now.

But yeah, that's pretty much it really.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Messi going to be talking about how many goals he could've scored in England, Germany, and italy if they were worth his time. History will be rewritten to Messi didn't NEED to go to another league to prove himself and ACKTUALLY he didn't get any favorable calls in Lol Liga, really fouls against him were called LESS than other players and ACKTUALLY he wasn't an international failure it was really all the other players around him.
Yeah... I can't stand Messi and his fanboys, but he's quite obviously one of the best of all time. Ridiculous to think he couldn't hack it outside of Spain in his prime.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Are you a fan of good play football or just close games? No one likes it when the outcome is obvious so quick. But the performance itself still matters alot, not just the type of game it is.

Because Brasil walked over South Korea but almost every attack was with break taking skill and creativity.

Japan and Croatia was close game that SHOULD been exciting but it was anything but. The football on display was god awful for 120 minutes (Croatian coach turned into Sam Allardyce). And the pks that was supposed been the exiting part of the game was just awful amateurish stuff.

So the 30 mins of joga bonito defenitely salvaged the evening, the eye sore we saw for 120 minutes before.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Since Cameroon in 1990 we all expect teams outside Europe and the SA top 3 to make a step forward but I don't see it. The gap is as big as it was 30+ years ago. South Korea's "success" in 2002 had nothing to do with quality, and everything else from North and Central America, Africa, Asia and Australia was one huge disappointment.
The individual quality of non-European and SA players has definitely improved. I don’t recall so many top drawer non-European and South American players in the game 30 odd years ago.

As teams, they haven’t had anything to write home about but i do think there is an improvement in quality.

South Korea are a better team than their mauling today shows. Japan dragged Croatia until the very end. Senegal would have been more potent had Mane been playing.

I fully expect the next non-European or SA world champion to come from Africa though. But it likely will take time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knowah

Jan 28, 2013
Yeah... I can't stand Messi and his fanboys, but he's quite obviously one of the best of all time. Ridiculous to think he couldn't hack it outside of Spain in his prime.

I think he's put up some of the greatest numbers of all time. But I do question how well he'd play in different leagues. He CLEARLY was getting very favorable foul calls for probably 6-8 years in Lol Liga. Never mind having literally the GREATEST middle of all time probably behind him and then other years with probably the GREATEST attacking trio of all-time playing on the line with him in Neymar Suarez.

To act like these don't make it harder to guard Messi or easier to provide him with opportunities to score that he wouldn't have playing for even the best of the best in other leagues is a bit short sighted.

Sure, if you transport Messi, Iniesta, Xavi all to Bayern at the same time he probably still destroys in Bayern. But I don't think 2010 Messi scores 2010 Messi's goals in 2010 Bayern's roster. He scores a lot. He's still probably one of the best in the world. But he's not some Titan. 2015 Messi doesn't score 2015 Messi numbers in 2015 Juventus or 2015 Manchester City. The leagues are so different. And CL has proven that the Lol Liga form of reffing is the norm for continental tournaments but in a foreign league like say the EPL Messi's not getting treated with kid gloves.

I don't see how there's any way an argument can be made that Messi isn't massively the product of AMAZING talent combined with AMAZING supporting cast. Probably the best supporting cast for an attacker for damn-near a decade. That's never talked about.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I fully expect the next non-European or SA world champion to come from Africa though. But it likely will take time.
As long as Africans keep making Western European national teams faster and better, being offered much better conditions there than in Africa, I can't see an African team winning it. They "won" it and will keep winning it through France, Germany, England, maybe Belgium, and eventually even Spain or Italy.

Knowah

Jan 28, 2013
And to provide the Ronaldo counter to that, I always have thought Ronaldo had a better game that translated better to other leagues. He's taller, is an air threat, he was faster though not as quick footed, and he takes care of himself. He's aged far more gracefully than Messi even with his rumored going to Saudi league.

Also, as arrogant and all the shit that Ronaldo gets, Messi throwing a tantrum and controlling the Argentina national team squad and tactics never gets talked about. Messi forcing an alpha like Zlatan out of Barca due to being threatened by him never gets talked about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)