World Cup 2022 LIVE thread (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Didn’t look like it on the replay I saw. Theo gets the ball and Boufal runs into him. Shouldn’t have been a yellow, it was just a collision that Boufal couldn’t avoid.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/fifa-wo...penalty-v-france-for-theo-hernandez-challenge
The touch on the ball will be the justification for the VAR, but if the defender's challenge is deemed to be reckless or out of control, the VAR should still be looking to advise an overturn for a penalty kick. Hernandez plays the ball with his left foot, but then makes contact with Boufal with his right leg; the follow-through was not justifiable by the touch on the ball and the challenge that came after.

On the VAR there was the guy that gave one of the softiest penalties in the cup in Poland vs Saudi Arabia game.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Shitty CGI movies.

Just play a videogame man.
CALMA

you camera people won't be out of a job anytime soon, let me enjoy my shitty CGI movee from time to time

Besides, can I play videogames hands free? :klin::klin:

- - - Updated - - -

Keep putting it in countries no one wants to go to jail in, see low numbers. US and Mexico to see similar stats lol.
But there will be booze in USA and Mexico

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
CALMA

you camera people won't be out of a job anytime soon, let me enjoy my shitty CGI movee from time to time

Besides, can I play videogames hands free? :klin::klin:

- - - Updated - - -

But there will be booze in USA and Mexico
There was in Russia too and only 3 arrests, even though there was so much trouble with those militant hooligans.

I think the relative prohibitive cost also plays a part here, many more middle-upper class fans attending.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
They'd be stupid to change now imo.
They won't. But rumors are he might become available as a substitute which is positive news for them.

Besides Mbappe is more comfortable playing alongside a targetman like Giroud over Benzema

The setup they have right now suits them perfectly

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Shocking without alcohol at the matches. Brits have never had to witness their NT sober before.

More needs to be made of the real positives that came from hosting the Cup in an Arab country... that the environment around matches was less about drunken fights and debouchery and more a safer place for children and, believe it or not, women.

Not saying every WC should be that way, but the world is diverse and you get to experience local customs that there's more than one way to enjoy the Cup.

Traffic violence is so prevalent in the US, this wouldn't even register unless at least three people get run over and Five Guys Burger blows up.

Now that we're at the final business end of the Cup, the coverage has gone to Insufferable lvl 88. Articles about "making history" for every ass scratcher near the pitch. Incessant images of Mbappe and Messi head-to-head, as if there is no team behind them and this is either just a tennis match or some EA Sports 2022 computer simulation game.

God help us all...

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
I think there are a lot of butt hurt football associations because Qatar put on a great WC. Maybe it's not the best quality but moments like Saudi Arabia beating Argentina, Japan, South Korea, Morocco etc will be remembered for decades.

LGBT and other groups people have gone there quietly, watched the football, then gone home safe because they've understood not to ram their views down everyone's throat. That's how it should be, a lot of fans have really enjoyed the overall experience. Also, most protesters are clout chasers like these Just Stop Oil pricks.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I think there are a lot of butt hurt football associations because Qatar put on a great WC. Maybe it's not the best quality but moments like Saudi Arabia beating Argentina, Japan, South Korea, Morocco etc will be remembered for decades.

LGBT and other groups people have gone there quietly, watched the football, then gone home safe because they've understood not to ram their views down everyone's throat. That's how it should be, a lot of fans have really enjoyed the overall experience. Also, most protesters are clout chasers like these Just Stop Oil pricks.
I thought the games were largely uninspiring, but you can't blame the organisation for that. That's the teams.

I didn't visit the World Cup, but I got the sense there was little negative animosity surrounding the games. Maybe it's the lack of alcohol or perhaps some more violent fans were dissuaded from going to Qatar, because of their legal system. But this was definitely not an entirely negatieve experience.

None of this changes the fact that Qatar:
- were assigned this World Cup through bribery;
- put migrant workers through the harshest of conditions, resulting in the deaths of thousands.

Nothing that happens during the tournament can justify this.

This World Cup was the worst one in history before it ever started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)