World Cup 2022 LIVE thread (19 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Mbappe and Giroud scored 9/11 French goals. Messi scored or assisted 6/9 Argentina goals.
For these two teams it's mostly about the attacking power of these three players, and less about the defense, since France conceded in each of their 5 matches, while Argentina conceded 5 in 5 too.

The other two teams are about the collective, with (below) average attacking power. Croatia scored only 6 goals, with 4 of them coming against Canada. Morocco scored even less, 5 goals in 5 matches. Morocco have by far the best defense with only one (own)goal conceded. Croatia isn't that great defensively, conceding 3 goals so far (with most minutes played, though), but allowing a lot more chances to the opponents than Morocco. Croatia's main quality is the midfield which can fully change and control the tempo of the match, Morocco's is organization and discipline.

So, the attacking quality of Messi, Mbappe and Giroud, the midfield that can control matches, or the brilliant defensive organization?
My bet is on the attack. Great defense has won World Cups, as has a great Spanish midfield which dominated possession and controlled the tempo of matches, but this time attack will win it.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
People missed the most important point about this tournament and that is, the teams which have blond were not qualified for the semi final.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Outside the football pitches in Qatar, but closely connected to what's happening in Qatar, a bragging rights battle is going on between Juventus and Bayern Munich.

Atm, Juventus are the most successful club at the WCs, with 25 World Cup winners, followed very closely by Bayern with 24, and Inter on 3rd with 20 WC titles and 19 winners (Meazza won it twice).

Juventus would prefer Argentina to win this WC, with Paredes and Di Maria, and no Bayern player, widening the gap on top. Inter also have one player in Argentina.
Bayern will definitely prefer France. Juve also have a player in France, Rabiot, but Bayern have 4, and if France win it, Bayern will become the club with the highest number of WC winners.

If Croatia or Morocco win it, Bayern will equalize Juve's record, having one player in each of these teams, with Juve having none, and Inter having Brozovic playing for Croatia.

As for other big clubs and the number of WC winners coming from their ranks, it's like this: Roma 16, Barcelona 11, Milan 10, Real Madrid 10, Dortmund 7, Arsenal 7, PSG 6, Liverpool 5, Chelsea 5, Manchester United 4, Atletico Madrid 2, Manchester City 1.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Yeah too bad the team with most blonds, Brasil, were eliminated.
We have obviously different ideas in term of blond.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I would rather take my money and high standard of living over making a semi final, mmmkay thanks.
make sense of it all

- - - Updated - - -

Are you disappointed?
no, but i kinda feel like this trend is a little toxic. I care too much about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)