World Cup 2022 LIVE thread (54 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I'm sorry Bro. If it was any consolation, I was rooting for you. This Croaita, while pesky, dogged, and resilient, have been one of the most boring teams in the entire tournament - easily one of the weakest/worst semi-finalists in the history of the World Cup.

- - - Updated - - -

The fact the Dutch have that mental midget shitcunt is reason enough to loathe them. The fact that they play atrrocious reactive football and are one of the most boring teams at this World Cup is another reason. Great FK improvisation and awesome spirit - I shall not begrudge them that. However, they do not deserve to reach the Semis, and the better team did indeed win.

I mean, what shitty World Cup semi-final would it be if we had Cuntovic and Khawalovic lining up against Woghorst and Flintstinker? No one wants to see that shit.
Football can be played in a lot of ways and not everyone needs or can play flair n fancy. We utilised our strength, our midfield can carry us through difficult moments and controls the tempo of the game. This side doesnt just defend for 90 minutes and hoofs the ball, not that it would have been wrong approach if it had worked for some other team. We press our opposition high up the pitch, we attack in numbers, we defend well and we dont give up. We have shown incredible mental fortitude to overcome the obstacles. You might not like our style of play, but to call us as one of the worst semifinalists ever is disrespectful to a side that in a span of 4 years have a shot at another WC medal. During that period we have beaten England, Argentina and Brazil, nations that dwarf us in resources they invest in football.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I'd be happy with Portugal or Croatia winning

Then in preference
Argentina
France
England
I don't want Portugal winning it either. Rodildo will take credit for the win even if he doesn't start any games.

I don't think Croatia can win the whole thing so that leaves you with France as probably the most 'acceptable' champion among the remaining teams.

Plus they have WC players all over the pitch and JJ Fagiot is playing a starring role. I hope he returns to Condinassa as a WC winner :max:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I'm curious who Messi was talking to. No habla Espanol but if the English translation is correct than he is classless.
Apparently it was aimed at Weghorst or whatever the fuck dudes name is who scored the double for Netherlands.

- - - Updated - - -

Portugal (or Morocco), Croatia, France, Argentina and Ingerlund. In that order.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The crazy comes from how obsessed they are with football, the whole nation, they have one of the worst economies in the world and people take 5 plus year loans to attend the world cup. Even had a segment on tv going around asking people if they rather win the WC or economy/inflation improves, you can guess what every single one interviewed selected.
I absolutely love it.

Can't say why. I shouldn't. But I do.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Horrible news. This needs to be investigated. RIP Grant. Great dude helping American footie over the past decade.

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t know if this is real or not. But I’ll let the people decide.

Last edited:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Will be a good fight with Argentina. They will be looking for revenge after 3-0 trashing the last WC. Need to keep cool and dont get provoked. Both teams are mentally strong.
That was just a group stage match in 2018. This will be nothing similar to it.

I am waiting for this match my whole life. I was only 11 in 1990 when my team (Yugoslavia back then) faced Maradona's Argentina in WC quarters. Sabanadzovic gets a second yellow in minute 31 for continuously fouling Maradona. The Argies showed me how they are the masters of play-acting, rolling on the ground, wasting time. Yet my team plays well, has more of the chances, but lose on penalties after Stojkovic (Serbia's current manager), Maradona and another Argie, and then the last two Yugo shooters miss their penalties.
Probably because I was just a kid, it's this match that haunts me until this day. Not Croatia-France in 1998 and in 2018, not Juve's lost finals. It's this WC quarter from 1990. I never taught I'll get the chance for revenge. I did, and I am happy.

Unfortunately they will beat my team again :p

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
Football can be played in a lot of ways and not everyone needs or can play flair n fancy. We utilised our strength, our midfield can carry us through difficult moments and controls the tempo of the game. This side doesnt just defend for 90 minutes and hoofs the ball, not that it would have been wrong approach if it had worked for some other team. We press our opposition high up the pitch, we attack in numbers, we defend well and we dont give up. We have shown incredible mental fortitude to overcome the obstacles. You might not like our style of play, but to call us as one of the worst semifinalists ever is disrespectful to a side that in a span of 4 years have a shot at another WC medal. During that period we have beaten England, Argentina and Brazil, nations that dwarf us in resources they invest in football.
When it comes to your own nation it's called improvement.
But when Asians can beat the likes of Germany or Africans reaching QF. Gap is still too big :lol3:

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Should the worst happen and England - Argentina will be the final, well then I'm tempted to root for England. Argentina players are the worst scum.

On the other hand though, while the English players aren't that unlikeable bar a few ones are their pundits and especially fans equally unlikeable as the Argies. Tough one.

It's like choosing between how you want to die a horrible death.

I don't mind Croatia winning, but they won't. Morocco no chance as well. The Ronaldo cult is as annoying as the Messi cult so it doesn't matter in the sense of Portugal or Argentina winning.

Lets hope France can do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)