World Cup 2018 LIVE thread (34 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The team of the tournament is announced before the final, so we already saw all the matches that will decide who'll make the best XI.

At least 10 players come from the semifinalists. In 2014 there was only 1 who didn't play the semis (James Rodriguez), same in 2010 (Maicon). I don't expect anything different this year.
Since France and Croatia are in the final, they will give 6 or 7 players (6 came from the finalists in 2014; 7 in 2010). Belgium and England will give 3 or 4 and maybe 1 will come from Brasil/Russia/Uruguay/Sweden.
Kane will be in it, but really he shouldn't be. Atrocious after the first round.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Pickford; Walker, Miranda, Ramos, Strinic; Henderson, Witsel; Messi, Alli, Chadli; Giroud
Why not de Gea?

- - - Updated - - -

Lloris always fucks up at some point. He hasn't yet, so he will tomorrow I guess?

He did have the best save in this WC and Subasic was boss in penalties, Courtois doesnt come close to either

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Kane will be in it, but really he shouldn't be. Atrocious after the first round.

I'd go as far to blame him for his team losing the last two matches. An unmissable double chance against Croatia for 2:0 and a big chance against Belgium for 1:1. If he makes it to the starting XI for his 5 goals against Panama and Tunisia, it's going to be only because the English can't offer anyone else to make the WC Dream team, and because there weren't any pure strikers who did much better. Lukaku didn't score in 4 knockout matches, Giroud didn't score at all, and Mandzukic scored only 2 goals, which is way too little for a striker to make the starting XI.

P.S: Just saw that Messi, Neymar and Muller were the attackers in the 2010 team, so they might go without a pure striker this time again... Maybe Mbappe, Hazard and Griezmann.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Why not de Gea?

- - - Updated - - -

He did have the best save in this WC and Subasic was boss in penalties, Courtois doesnt come close to either
Courtois made a terrific save on Neymar in the last minute of Belgium-Brazil. Thought he was great all tournament long (and I fucking hate him, no Belgian player I hate more).

But you're right. Maybe he wasn't as spectacular. I could see Subasic.
I'd go as far to blame him for his team losing the last two matches. An unmissable double chance against Croatia for 2:0 and a big chance against Belgium for 1:1. If he makes it to the starting XI for his 5 goals against Panama and Tunisia, it's going to be only because the English can't offer anyone else to make the WC Dream team, and because there weren't any pure strikers who did much better. Lukaku didn't score in 4 knockout matches, Giroud didn't score at all, and Mandzukic scored only 2 goals, which is way too little for a striker to make the starting XI.
He definitely lost the game for England against Croatia. Kind of weird how little the English press had to say about it, because it came back to haunt them.

Today's game I find pretty meaningless. Both teams saw as practice and Belgium is head and shoulders above England in terms of class. Belgium was always going to win today, because England needed a lot of grit and determination to change that.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Gabriel Jesus was absolute dogshit. Douglas Costa and Firmino are the only reason Brazil made it as far as they did, and had a chance against Belgium.

Neymar was also decent, but he didn't have the sort of impact you expect from a superstar.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Gabriel Jesus was absolute dogshit. Douglas Costa and Firmino are the only reason Brazil made it as far as they did, and had a chance against Belgium.

Neymar was also decent, but he didn't have the sort of impact you expect from a superstar.
Neymar was never fit and his antics made him look like a total joke.

But he was still Brazil's most dangerous player.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
lineups:

Lloris - Pavard, Varane, Umtiti, Hernandez - Pogba, Kante - Mbappe, Griezmann, Matuidi - Giroud

Subašić - Vrsaljko, Vida, Lovren, Strinić - Rakitić, Brozović, Modrić - Rebić, Perišić, Mandžukić

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
lineups:

Lloris - Pavard, Varane, Umtiti, Hernandez - Pogba, Kante - Mbappe, Griezmann, Matuidi - Giroud

Subašić - Vrsaljko, Vida, Lovren, Strinić - Rakitić, Brozović, Modrić - Rebić, Perišić, Mandžukić
Looking at those line ups this game can only have one result really.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Hopefully Croatia will benefit from having brain in the middle of the pitch, unlike france.

- - - Updated - - -

i dont trust the French fullbacks tbh. luckily for them, Croatia doesent have wings to take hem apart
Are we counter jinxing already?
That bum Perisic could very well murder Pavard.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Hopefully Croatia will benefit from having brain in the middle of the pitch, unlike france.

- - - Updated - - -

Are we counter jinxing already?
That bum Perisic could very well murder Pavard.
Mbappe and Pogba often double down on the winger Pavard is playing against. He's their weak link, but he gets a lot of help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)