World Cup 2018 LIVE thread (66 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Who is top scorer right now?

I don't think I thought about that once through this tournament but its gotta be someone on the field no? Someone who played against Tunisia and Panama?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Who is top scorer right now?

I don't think I thought about that once through this tournament but its gotta be someone on the field no? Someone who played against Tunisia and Panama?
Kane. Through three penalties and a shot that was deflected via him.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I can live with England going home with three losses in this tournament.
The English see this world cup as a starting point for their generation. I think it's going to be their best achievement. Incredible luck not just with the draw, but during the games well.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Belgium deserves it... So glad that English looser mentallity always shows up
The English just don't have the quality. Mentality is a huge part of the game, but it can only get you so far. Otherwise you and me could probably play for our NT as well. But the English are not even top 10 in terms of quality. Even if they only beat Colombia and Sweden, that was already a miracle.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
The English see this world cup as a starting point for their generation. I think it's going to be their best achievement. Incredible luck not just with the draw, but during the games well.

That was always going to be the case though. In fact, Southgate gets off soft because of expectations being relatively low.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
What's up with that btw? Is there something going on within the Polish squad? Their final game didn't look normal at all.

Whole WC didn't look normal, but let's face the facts - only half of our starting team is good players. They were playing amazing in the qualifiers and the rest managed to not fuck things up. At the WC we had massive problems with the backspine of our NT tho. Błaszczykowski, Krychowiak, Glik, Piszczek, Milik - everyone had their own problems and they don't have any replacement. So the tournament was a catastrophe in relation to the qualifiers. I'm pretty worried cause i don't see much quality coming in the next years and we just had a new random Polish coach announced that doesn't bring any hope.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
That was always going to be the case though. In fact, Southgate gets off soft because of expectations being relatively low.
He does, but Southgate has always said this tournament was about building a team for 2022. It's that I don't think they'll do better. They'll do much worse.

Unless they have 18 year olds full of talent coming out of nowhere. Because you can't build a World Cup winning team with what they have now.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Whole WC didn't look normal, but let's face the facts - only half of our starting team is good players. They were playing amazing in the qualifiers and the rest managed to not fuck things up. At the WC we had massive problems with the backspine of our NT tho. Błaszczykowski, Krychowiak, Glik, Piszczek, Milik - everyone had their own problems and they don't have any replacement. So the tournament was a catastrophe in relation to the qualifiers. I'm pretty worried cause i don't see much quality coming in the next years and we just had a new random Polish coach announced that doesn't bring any hope.
I understand not playing a good tournament for all sorts of reasons. But not chasing the ball when you have to score is a huge issue in terms of mentality.

But yeah, I agree, only half of the squad is good enough really. In a way Poland have overperformed over the last few years which made us expect too much probably.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
The key reasons for England doing well were an ludicrously simple path and unusually low expectations for the team. Once the expectations increased and they played a decent team, the bottled it/were out played.

The expectations will be higher than they should be for the next tournament, this has consistently been an issue for them. It's also had to believe they will get such an easy draw in the next tournament.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 66)