World Cup 2018 LIVE thread (39 Viewers)

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
He does, but Southgate has always said this tournament was about building a team for 2022. It's that I don't think they'll do better. They'll do much worse.

Unless they have 18 year olds full of talent coming out of nowhere. Because you can't build a World Cup winning team with what they have now.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
Of course their "Golden" generation is finished after this World cup but the delusion is the greatest force in England...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
If Croatia can reach a final so can England.

let's be real. Croatia aside from Modric and Mandzukic is a pretty mediocre team that plays well a unit. That's all

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I don't disagree. but look at quality of other teams. long gone are the days of teams have superstars in every position

now each "big team" has one or two superstars and other good to average players.

my point is this England team is no different, regardless of how much their media hypes their players and team

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
So who's in your best XI of this world cup?

I'd go with Schmeichel; Meunier, Varane, Godin, Alderweireld; Modric, De Bruyne, Kante; M'Bappe, Hazard, Cristiano Ronaldo

Honourable mentions: Pogba, Trippier, Maguire, Mina, Rakitic and Cavani

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
i know, thats why hes in my team of the tournament

do you think Fellaini fits better in there?
Fellaini is amazing at doing what he does: coming on and changing games through sheer willpower. Also had an excellent game against Brazil.

But I think overall Witsel was at the heart of his team a bit more throughout the tournament.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Fellaini is amazing at doing what he does: coming on and changing games through sheer willpower. Also had an excellent game against Brazil.

But I think overall Witsel was at the heart of his team a bit more throughout the tournament.

hm, guess im gonna have to go with a 4141 then. Lingard in

- - - Updated - - -

and forgot Neymar:

Pickford; Walker, Miranda, Ramos, Strinic; Henderson; Lingard, Messi, Alli, Neymar; Giroud

Jun 6, 2015
So who's in your best XI of this world cup?

I'd go with Schmeichel; Meunier, Varane, Godin, Alderweireld; Modric, De Bruyne, Kante; M'Bappe, Hazard, Cristiano Ronaldo

Honourable mentions: Pogba, Trippier, Maguire, Mina, Rakitic and Cavani
Courtois
Trippier Varane Granqvist *Vrsaljko
Kante
Modrid Pogba
Coutinho
Mbappe Hazard​

*Couldn't come up with any decent leftbacks so put Sime in there.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Meunier > Trippier
Mandzukic > Hazard
Subasic or Akinfeev > Courtois
Even a quick look at the statistics shows Hazard had the near perfect tournament. If his team played the final, he'd be the best player for sure.

Like Mandzukic and all, but man..

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Even a quick look at the statistics shows Hazard had the near perfect tournament. If his team played the final, he'd be the best player for sure.

Like Mandzukic and all, but man..

Hazard has made a good tournament, but I do think Mandzu was Croatia's best player along with Modric :D He was instrumental to Croatia's success, really great tournament.

Perhaps remove Coutinho for Hazard and keep Mandzukic.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Hazard has made a good tournament, but I do think Mandzu was Croatia's best player along with Modric :D He was instrumental to Croatia's success, really great tournament.

Perhaps remove Coutinho for Hazard and keep Mandzukic.
I think Mandzukic would be in my team too. Would look something like this:

Courtois

Meunier Varane Umtiti Hernandez

Pogba Modric Rakitic

Hazard Mandzukic Perisic.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The team of the tournament is announced before the final, so we already saw all the matches that will decide who'll make the best XI.

At least 10 players come from the semifinalists. In 2014 there was only 1 who didn't play the semis (James Rodriguez), same in 2010 (Maicon). I don't expect anything different this year.
Since France and Croatia are in the final, they will give 6 or 7 players (6 came from the finalists in 2014; 7 in 2010). Belgium and England will give 3 or 4 and maybe 1 will come from Brasil/Russia/Uruguay/Sweden.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)