World Cup 2018 LIVE thread (21 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
The final will be a formality. France won this WC the moment Belgium eliminated Brasil.
I think Croatia will beat them

- - - Updated - - -

I love seeing Seven so butthurt btw, it’s making me really enjoy the World Cup that much more

- - - Updated - - -

I know what you wrote. They have every right to do so, but like you said, it destroys the game and that makes their win undeserved IMO. Cowards!
:lol:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I think Croatia will beat them

- - - Updated - - -

I love seeing Seven so butthurt btw, it’s making me really enjoy the World Cup that much more
The result is something I've been predicting for ages. I've had France down as winners ever since 2016.

It just creeps me out that people here (and everywhere) think time wasting is something that deserves applause. I think it's something that the rules should render impossible. It would enhance the game. Not sure why people wouldn't want that.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Tomorrow will be just the same for you. And so will the day after tomorrow. It's what happens when you don't have passion in your life, Klin. You try to bug people by trolling them. You try to bait them. You try to rile them up. Because you want to get some semblance of an emotion in your own life, even if you're just feeding off the anger of some guy on the internet you've never met.

And things will never change for you. Today, tomorrow, the day after tomorrow. It will be one meaningless day after another. And you know that's exactly what life is going to be for you. Until one day you die. Or better, you stop existing. Dying is reserved for the people who lived.

So I understand your frustration. And I know it is really deep.

Yes man, you're living the life! :baus:

Jun 6, 2015
They do when they could be changed. The sport will have to adapt anyway.

There will always be "negative" things no matter how much you try to regulate things in sports. Saying that with the steps already taken I'm sure they'll continue trying to make football as viewer friendly as possible. Not sure 2 x 30min is going to do that and I see it quite unlikely to happen at this point.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
There will always be "negative" things no matter how much you try to regulate things in sports. Saying that with the steps already taken I'm sure they'll continue trying to make football as viewer friendly as possible. Not sure 2 x 30min is going to do that and I see it quite unlikely to happen at this point.
Very little would change. You just don't get goalkeepers needing two minutes to take a goalkick anymore. You can't seriously say you like seeing that?

Jun 6, 2015
The result is something I've been predicting for ages. I've had France down as winners ever since 2016.

It just creeps me out that people here (and everywhere) think time wasting is something that deserves applause. I think it's something that the rules should render impossible. It would enhance the game. Not sure why people wouldn't want that.

Don't think anyone is applauding time wasting but trying to make it sound like France only won because of wasting time is just ignorant and stupid. They could have played for quite a while longer without Belgium scoring.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Don't think anyone is applauding time wasting but trying to make it sound like France only won because of wasting time is just ignorant and stupid. They could have played for quite a while longer without Belgium scoring.
I have never, not once, said France did not deserve to win this game.

But if you want to know why this World Cup is boring? Well, because the rules make boring play rewarding.

Jun 6, 2015
Very little would change. You just don't get goalkeepers needing two minutes to take a goalkick anymore. You can't seriously say you like seeing that?

No I don't particularly view it as something enjoyable. Maybe I'm just too used to it so don't really care unless of course a team I'm rooting for is loosing and has to deal with it.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
No I don't particularly view it as something enjoyable. Maybe I'm just too used to it so don't really care unless of course a team I'm rooting for is loosing and has to deal with it.
But that's the thing. Everyone has to 'deal' with it at some point.

And you might think it doesn't matter as a neutral viewer, but it does. You have several teams wasting time from the first minute. Or you have big teams wasting time the minute they score. It breaks the rhythm of so many games these days. It makes the sport dull.

There is only one competition left right now that truly offers great games. And that's the Champions League.

Jun 6, 2015
I have never, not once, said France did not deserve to win this game.

But if you want to know why this World Cup is boring? Well, because the rules make boring play rewarding.

I think that is pretty subjective. I've heard many people praise this WC and I tend to agree as there has been lot of great games.

I don't think rules had much effect in tonights game. What made the game "boring" (I found it interesting) was that France played a smart game. Belgium showed how dangerous they can be against Brazil when they are given the space to play. Would have been pretty stupid from France's perspective to allow them that same space.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I think that is pretty subjective. I've heard many people praise this WC and I tend to agree as there has been lot of great games.

I don't think rules had much effect in tonights game. What made the game "boring" (I found it interesting) was that France played a smart game. Belgium showed how dangerous they can be against Brazil when they are given the space to play. Would have been pretty stupid from France's perspective to allow them that same space.
Have there been many great games? I honestly don't think so at all. Spain-Portugal was a great game. France-Argentina too. Belgium-Japan and Brazil-Belgium were good games.

But apart from that? Not too many interesting games imo.

Jun 6, 2015
Have there been many great games? I honestly don't think so at all. Spain-Portugal was a great game. France-Argentina too. Belgium-Japan and Brazil-Belgium were good games.

But apart from that? Not too many interesting games imo.

There were plenty in the group-stage. The only knockout game I haven't found interesting thus far was France vs Uruguay.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
France were smart enough to slow down Belgium's game and it worked to their favour. Everything turned out exactly like they wanted.

Now if England beat Croatia, which is most likely happening, France will have to find a new strategy to win.

This is why I think if Croatia reach the final, France will be champions whereas if England reach the final they will win it.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
France were smart enough to slow down Belgium's game and it worked to their favour. Everything turned out exactly like they wanted.

Now if England beat Croatia, which is most likely happening, France will have to find a new strategy to win.

This is why I think if Croatia reach the final, France will be champions whereas if England reach the final they will win it.
France will win it either way. And it'll be ugly. Very ugly. But we'll like it. Have to like it apparently.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
There were plenty in the group-stage. The only knockout game I haven't found interesting thus far was France vs Uruguay.
I fell asleep during most games. There have been very few I've seen completely. England-Sweden was a shocker. England-Colombia was atrocious. Switzerland-Sweden was very bad too. Brazil-Mexico was probably even worse.

All horrible games.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

I don’t disagree but if Belgian players were in France’s position I think you’d understand more. Winning is what matters and players have to do all they can to get the result. Mbappe and so sacrificed yellow cards and possibly not playing in the final for the W. Not saying it deserves applause but it’s what had to be done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)