World Cup 2018 LIVE thread (19 Viewers)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I'm really not preaching :D I genuinely find it strange that you hold a certain nationality and you hate the team represnting it (not supporting is different from hating). I was telling Andy that if he didn' have so much hatred for the national team of the country he lives in his life would be more pleasant. Basic/natural survival instincts :p
well this is a major misconception, I can't stand the english footballing culture, the teams, fans everything related to the sport. When england play hockey I've support them, in many respects I have to as well given I've worked with and along side people in the national team set up but thats besides the point, if England won the rugby world cup again I'd be happy for them too, at least in these sports they are generally 'classier' and more 'gentleman'

Infact I remember at the last hockey championships in England one or two were acting like typical england football fans, shouting abuse and giving it the big one to the opposition and a few guys around told them to shut up and actually show some respect, in the end they continued and some fans around them moved to another seat that's the difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Possible.
Now say that Russia will win :p
Given I'm 1/8 Russian, the cossacks will rise and rule the world once more!

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I'm really not preaching :D I genuinely find it strange that you hold a certain nationality and you hate the team represnting it (not supporting is different from hating). I was telling Andy that if he didn' have so much hatred for the national team of the country he lives in his life would be more pleasant. Basic/natural survival instincts :p
Probably but tbh I've got a good social life (whatever is left of it since I got married). I've got a good banter with my work colleagues and we get on fine. I follow EPL but only thanks to town and things like fantasy football, sweepstakes actually help. Bottom line, I totally get the social aspect of it but there's more to life than football and where something might hit your nerve you just gotta take it with a pinch of salt.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
well this is a major misconception, I can't stand the english footballing culture, the teams, fans everything related to the sport. When england play hockey I've support them, in many respects I have to as well given I've worked with and along side people in the national team set up but thats besides the point, if England won the rugby world cup again I'd be happy for them too, at least in these sports they are generally 'classier' and more 'gentleman'

Infact I remember at the last hockey championships in England one or two were acting like typical england football fans, shouting abuse and giving it the big one to the opposition and a few guys around told them to shut up and actually show some respect, in the end they continued and some fans around them moved to another seat that's the difference.
Football seriously brings the best and worst out of people.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004

:tup:

What's the other 7/8?

Probably but tbh I've got a good social life (whatever is left of it since I got married). I've got a good banter with my work colleagues and we get on fine. I follow EPL but only thanks to town and things like fantasy football, sweepstakes actually help. Bottom line, I totally get the social aspect of it but there's more to life than football and where something might hit your nerve you just gotta take it with a pinch of salt.

Fair enough.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

- - - Updated - - -

In what capacity?

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Football seriously brings the best and worst out of people.

it does indeed

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously? How come you're 1/8 Russian? And where from Russia?
My Father's grandparents were Russian, but in all honesty I don't really associate myself as anything remotely Russian

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I don't care as I don't live in England but if I did I would want them to go far just to bandwagon into the atmosphere
I'm constantly surrounded by man Utd fans, you'd think I'd be supporting them as opposed to Juve. I don't do bandwagon, feels fake.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
In what capacity?
The GB and England team manager Andy Haliday was the first team coach and former player at the club I was at for 15 years and we've spent a lot of time discussing philosophies and when i was captain we have discussed certain players I was scouting to put into my team.

The club also had a Olympic Bronze and Gold medalist in Hannah Macleod (She won olympic Gold when she was still a player at our club) who I've coached along side with as well as Ellie Watton who's now a mainstay in the GB team and I was the assistant coach to her now ex boyfriend for the u16s club team who is a former england u21 player before he battled cancer which halted his career

- - - Updated - - -

Cool.
You're Chinese-Russian Jew then.
Badass Dybalowitz Lu Zer Cringeov :p
Quite tempted to support croatia tonight...

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Brexit!

Like the Brexit from this World Cup. ;)

I think you should embrace your British nationality, will make your life much more pleasant. I know I'll cheer for any country I live in even if I'm not a citizen of that country. It's just normal to want to see people around you happy. Doesn't mean you shouldn't support the one and only Azzurri but I find your hatred for Englan really weird.
Oh, there goes Hoori being all reasonable and rational again. :rolleyes:

:p :heart2:

Thats some fucked up shit. The guy with the knife looks a bit like naingollan.

He made a good Al Capone on Boardwalk Empire.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The GB and England team manager Andy Haliday was the first team coach and former player at the club I was at for 15 years and we've spent a lot of time discussing philosophies and when i was captain we have discussed certain players I was scouting to put into my team.

The club also had a Olympic Bronze and Gold medalist in Hannah Macleod (She won olympic Gold when she was still a player at our club) who I've coached along side with as well as Ellie Watton who's now a mainstay in the GB team and I was the assistant coach to her now ex boyfriend for the u16s club team who is a former england u21 player before he battled cancer which halted his career

- - - Updated - - -

Quite tempted to support croatia tonight...
Don't you dare :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I'm constantly surrounded by man Utd fans, you'd think I'd be supporting them as opposed to Juve. I don't do bandwagon, feels fake.

You can't really 'bandwagon' if it's your country. I mean, there are a couple of Belgian players I don't like. Can't stand Courtois in particular. I think our manager is a hypocrite and I hate that as well.

But I am Belgian. I will always want what is best for my country, as long as it is morally acceptable. And this is just sports, so it's okay to be patriotic imo, even if I'm not the biggest fan of all the players.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Speaking of being Belgian I should probably support Russia tonight on the off chance we make it to the final, but I like Croatia too much. Several players on my own team happen to be Croatian too (all Croatians seem crazy btw), so I'm kind of rooting for them too.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
@Badass Dybala
Please say that Russia will win tonight. That's Croatia's best chance to win. Everything you've said and predicted from "Paro is better than Cesc", "Messi is overrated" "I wouldn't trade Iaquinta+5m for Modric" to "Brasil will win the WC" turned wrong :(

--

You get one vote from Finland. Hopefully you will rape those commies. :agree:

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Oh, there goes Hoori being all reasonable and rational again. :rolleyes:

:p :heart2:
I'm always rational, don't fall for what @GordoDeCentral says about me :disagree:

Speaking of being Belgian I should probably support Russia tonight on the off chance we make it to the final, but I like Croatia too much. Several players on my own team happen to be Croatian too (all Croatians seem crazy btw), so I'm kind of rooting for them too.

:tup:

Also you never know, this world cup is so random you might play better against Croatia than Russia.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
You can't really 'bandwagon' if it's your country. I mean, there are a couple of Belgian players I don't like. Can't stand Courtois in particular. I think our manager is a hypocrite and I hate that as well.

But I am Belgian. I will always want what is best for my country, as long as it is morally acceptable. And this is just sports, so it's okay to be patriotic imo, even if I'm not the biggest fan of all the players.

Try dislike or hating all of the players and the media that's something else. I'm not as patriotic as you but i do my fair share. Patriotism comes in different shades just like everything else in life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)