World Cup 2018 LIVE thread (11 Viewers)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I think you should embrace your British nationality, will make your life much more pleasant. I know I'll cheer for any country I live in even if I'm not a citizen of that country. It's just normal to want to see people around you happy. Doesn't mean you shouldn't support the one and only Azzurri but I find your hatred for Englan really weird.
Some would say he should be supporting a local team and maybe even an EPL team. When you can't support your town/city then supporting country don't mean shit.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I told you the competition is rigged from Brits, previous their reg gave them a soft penalty, this time the Sweeds were robbed of their night sleep and rest, i wonder what will happen to Croatians cause they are far superior and more drastic measures are required...
The French have an inferiority complex and destined to lose the final anyway...

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
i can't stand england football fans, frankly if it was any other sport it wouldn't bother me. It's not even about hating england as a nation, just their football fans, nothing would please me more than to see their fans cry, they are like the national team version of napoli fans, delusional
Agreed. I've actually supported the United kingdom team in athletics but I find it hard to support an English team in football. I go far as town but that's all.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
i can't stand england football fans, frankly if it was any other sport it wouldn't bother me. It's not even about hating england as a nation, just their football fans, nothing would please me more than to see their fans cry, they are like the national team version of napoli fans, delusional
Spread love not hate
If you ever wanna penetrate

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I think you should embrace your British nationality, will make your life much more pleasant. I know I'll cheer for any country I live in even if I'm not a citizen of that country. It's just normal to want to see people around you happy. Doesn't mean you shouldn't support the one and only Azzurri but I find your hatred for Englan really weird.
I’ve noticed this about many people tbh

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Agreed. I've actually supported the United kingdom team in athletics but I find it hard to support an English team in football. I go far as town but that's all.

Pretty much this, I'd happily cheer on england/GB in pretty much any other sport other than football.
My city's football team is pretty shit, non-league. So much making the FA cup first round proper is like a promotion for them

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I find it weird how the same people who despise the EPL, fans and media are the preaching to the british Juve fans to support England. I'm not nationalistic I personally only care about local matters the town I live in and the people I meet day to day. If some of them wanna go butt belly naked in supporting England, good on them each to their own.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I find it weird how the same people who despise the EPL, fans and media are the preaching to the british Juve fans to support England. I'm not nationalistic I personally only care about local matters the town I live in and the people I meet day to day. If some of them wanna go butt belly naked in supporting England, good on them each to their own.

This :tup:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
@Badass Dybala
Please say that Russia will win tonight. That's Croatia's best chance to win. Everything you've said and predicted from "Paro is better than Cesc", "Messi is overrated" "I wouldn't trade Iaquinta+5m for Modric" to "Brasil will win the WC" turned wrong :(

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

I think you could not like the players very much but still benefit from the team advancing because of the positive social atmosphere it creates around you. Plenty of people don't really care much about a sport or their local team outside of the socialization and fun it can provide.

I couldn't care less about basketball but I hope the Warriors continue to dominate.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
@Badass Dybala
Please say that Russia will win tonight. That's Croatia's best chance to win. Everything you've said and predicted from "Paro is better than Cesc", "Messi is overrated" "I wouldn't trade Iaquinta+5m for Modric" to "Brasil will win the WC" turned wrong :(
well it worked with the neymar being overrated statement too :shifty: yet I still think he is

Trust me if you know what's good for you don't ask me to try and counter jinx anything because we all know I'm not the culprit

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004

I'm really not preaching :D I genuinely find it strange that you hold a certain nationality and you hate the team represnting it (not supporting is different from hating). I was telling Andy that if he didn' have so much hatred for the national team of the country he lives in his life would be more pleasant. Basic/natural survival instincts :p

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I think you could not like the players very much but still benefit from the team advancing because of the positive social atmosphere it creates around you. Plenty of people don't really care much about a sport or their local team outside of the socialization and fun it can provide.

I couldn't care less about basketball but I hope the Warriors continue to dominate.
Not sure I can support a team full of players I don't like filled and hyped by the same media which takes every opportunity to big up a league I don't like and knock down all the others. Sorry not me, but you're more than welcome to support england if you think it brings us so much benefit. :baus:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
You didn't say Neymar is overrated. You said you'd rather get Brandao than Neymar.
Was he the guy who broke Thiago Motta's nose? :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure I can support a team full of players I don't like filled and hyped by the same media which takes every opportunity to big up a league I don't like and knock down all the others. Sorry not me, but you're more than welcome to support england if you think it brings us so much benefit. :baus:

I don't care as I don't live in England but if I did I would want them to go far just to bandwagon into the atmosphere

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)