World Cup 2006 Draw (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Seven said:
If Italy can't beat the USA 2-0 at least, I don't see the point in advancing to the next round. Sure, the USA aren't a bad team, but it's very unlikely they're going to be even close to winning the WC. If they can hold Italy to a draw, the Italians might save themselves any further embarassment and just go home.
That's one of the most nonsensical things I have seen in this thread, especially if you have the slightest clue about how Italy plays in the group stage..

So what if the US beats or ties Italy...that just shows how strong of a side we are, however the loss doesn't mean gli Azzurri are not worthy of competing in the World Cup. Just accept you were beaten by the better side on this occasion and move on...you cannot win all the matches you play unless you're Brazil.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
hambon78 said:
I agree seven 200%:agree:

They should be able to man-handle them and i think score at least 3-0....and ya like u said if they cant manage that simple task they might as well pack up and go home,
And hopefully Lippi and the rest of Italy will have the same attitude, so you'll surely be packing your bags just like Portugal in 2002..

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Maresca said:
no, But the people must have more attention to football
valid enough point.but i dont think that if ur great at one sport,you cant be great at another one.so we definatley dont need to like cricket any less to succeed in football.
we were the world champions in 4 different sports at the very same time,which i belive is a record or something but those days are long gone.anyway,all you need is general interest in football.that is it.it hasnt really got a lot to do with the cricket craze.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
axlrose85 said:
valid enough point.but i dont think that if ur great at one sport,you cant be great at another one.so we definatley dont need to like cricket any less to succeed in football.
we were the world champions in 4 different sports at the very same time,which i belive is a record or something but those days are long gone.anyway,all you need is general interest in football.that is it.it hasnt really got a lot to do with the cricket craze.

AXL, our contries cannot progress to the global level, unless and until the money that goes into Cricket finds an equally challenging channel to be siphoned off to.
Football will continue to suffer as long as Cricket is the most watched, most participated in and most programmed sport in our respective countries. Its a fact that needs to be dealt with.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
true,but frankly,i dont see the cricket craze declining,ever.the only way i see football being assisted is by giving it funds that go into other sports such as hockey etc whose popularity has declined ever since the heyday's of the 80's.but being the national sport,i dont see hockey being totally ignored.India does have a decent league system,and i guess your clubs DO participate in the Asian champions league,rite?.i think the talent is there,what is needed is support from the govt and proper funding and i belive FIFA needs to play a much more major role than it is currently playing.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Read carefully. Its not about sending cricket into decline. Its about decreasing the hype that comes with its overexposure. The stars in our respective countries are made to be bigger than the sport itself. Which is quite frankly a disgusting thought. Not just that, the money allocated by the government does nothing to ensure a brighter future for the sports that arent as big as cricket. Yes, its true India has a decent league system in place, but trust me, footballers here are not supported the way they should be. Talents that must be celebrated are not. And the trend will continue, until these guys stand up and realise the youth in this country deserve a lot more scope than they are given.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)