world class forward on his way!!! (1 Viewer)

Jul 28, 2002
kluivert...no thank u...maybe a good skilled forward, but not what we want at all. A big man that sits way too deep. Kluivert '??? no thanks we already have trez.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
Vieri would be the ONLY striker I'd be happy to realistically get

But we need some defense too !!!!!!!
Hell, we could put Vieri in at centre back, it'd be an improvement.

OP

gianni84

Jun 3, 2003
  • Thread Starter #47
    since i started this thread i thought i would post in myself..i am as much ecited as u people but i hav no clue who it is going to be..all that i think is that it will not b ruud van-ronaldo or someone as that high of a level..being moggi i would guess it is a world class forward that will not cost us more than £20 million..so this is my list of players that come under wot i hav said.......kezman (been linked to are club 2 season ago and is a prolific stricker like ruud and pippo) -imbramvic (been linked to him and his agent said that he 99.9% comming to seria A next season) - kuyrani (been linked to him and is proving to be a world class forward in the champ league and in the german league) - kluivert (always been linked to him almost every summer but because of the davids deal it could be that they made angrement at the same time and because he cheap due to his contracted cluase) - larsson (proven goal machine in scotland but not in europe but he is free so could come in handy) ..these r my reasons why i think that it could be 1 of these players..i wish moggi would just tell us!!forza juve

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    Christian Vieri
    Ruud Van Nistelrooy
    Thierry Henry
    Andrei Shevchenko
    Mateja Kezman
    Patrick Kluivert
    Djibrill Cissé
    Shabadi Nonda
    Micheal Owen
    Hernan Crespo
    Ronaldo
    Fernando Cavenaghi
    Zlatan Ibrahimovic
    Bernardo Corradi
    Jon Dahl Tomasson
    Didier Drogba
    David Suazo
    Raul
    Miroslav Klose

I'd bet on Fernando Cavenaghi of River Plate. Doesn't cost much. Very young. Good finish.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    IMO it will be one of the following players:

Christian Vieri
    Mateja Kezman
    Patrick Kluivert
    Fernando Cavenaghi
    Zlatan Ibrahimovic
    Bernardo Corradi

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
    Christian Vieri
    Ruud Van Nistelrooy
    Thierry Henry
    Andrei Shevchenko
    Mateja Kezman
    Patrick Kluivert
    Djibrill Cissé
    Shabadi Nonda
    Micheal Owen
    Hernan Crespo
    Ronaldo
    Fernando Cavenaghi
    Zlatan Ibrahimovic
    Bernardo Corradi
    Jon Dahl Tomasson
    Bernardo Corradi
    David Suazo
    Raul
    Miroslav Klose

I'd bet on Fernando Cavenaghi of River Plate. Doesn't cost much. Very young. Good finish.
    So there's two Bernardo Corradis now? :D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by -Z- ] ++
    IMO it will be one of the following players:

Christian Vieri
    Mateja Kezman
    Patrick Kluivert
    Fernando Cavenaghi
    Zlatan Ibrahimovic
    Bernardo Corradi
    Looks about right, but I'd add Didier Drogba to that list.

I don't want Vieri. He's 31 and on the way down imo, while Kluivert is about as consistent as Camoranesi. Cavenaghi still has alot to prove, similarly so does Corradi (I think he's good, but not first class). Kezman, Zlatan and Drogba are my primary targets, given that Trezeguet is sold.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Yeah, your right, I forgot Drogba.

And I agree about the Vieri part, a year or two ago I would have loved to have him, but he is on the way down hill.

Anyways, I would prefer someone between Zlatan, Cavenaghi and Kuranyi.

Zlatan because he's skilled, has technique, flair and that cockyness, he can score, altho still not as much as Trezeguet, but IMO he would improve vastly if he came to Juventus.

Cavenaghi is very aappealing prospect, he's still very young and has been one of Argentina's best scorers. Annyone that can do that in a country where huge attacking talents like Maradona, Crespo, Saviola, Batistuta, etc.

Kuranyi is also a great player, still pretty young. He has proved his worth in both Germany and Europe and is a very good striker. Also has a very solid long shot, and is tall enough to be a presence in the box. He could be a bit stronger tho, he seems very thin.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Yeah, we both forgot Kuranyi. He's extremely promising, more so than Corradi and imo Cavenaghi anyways.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Yeah, but you cant really judge and compare all them yet, Corradi is almost 28, while Kuranyi is 24 and Cavenaghi 19. IMO both Cavenaghi and Kuranyi will be much better after a (another) year in top European football and the CL. Kuranyi is getting precious experience in the CL and that is why I'd rather take him than Cavenaghi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)