Won't it be fun to see Napoli again ? (1 Viewer)

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
My fellow Juve fans, I just read that 50.000 people showed up at the San Paolo stadium the other day to watch their team (Napoli) play in Serie C1B. Isn't that amazing ? Their attendance is higher than most other teams get in Serie A. A big time movie producer, Aurelio De Laurentiis, bought the team so it can compete at the highest levels, they should make Serie A more exciting in the future along with Fiorentina and Palermo.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
It was the Avellino-Napoli derby, so of course it was packed.

And as we all know, most southern Italy clubs get the financial shaft compared with their northern counterparts. Napoli (corruption aside) being no exception.

So here they are -- the third most populous city in all of Italy, and they get Avellino and Napoli in Serie C1B. There's economic inequity for ya...

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
When IFK Göteborg plays Örgryte (Rivals in Gothenburg :D) Ullevi stadium is packed ;) It's really cool. FORZA BLÅVITT!!

OP
Paid-off-Ref

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5
    ++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
    It was the Avellino-Napoli derby, so of course it was packed.

"Napoli have maintained their promotion charge by defeating Reggiana 2-0 at a packed Stadio San Paolo. Over 50,000 saw the Azzurri collect the three points against a side guided by Bruno Giordano – a former Napoli player. Abate opened the scoring after he headed home a Fontana cross. Calaio, a January signing, made sure of the win as a result of a swift counter-attack."

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    It's funny how Napoli could get an attendance of 50 000 people for a C1 match, while Juventus cannot even close in on 20 000 for a decent match against Udinese.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Max ] ++
    It's funny how Napoli could get an attendance of 50 000 people for a C1 match, while Juventus cannot even close in on 20 000 for a decent match against Udinese.
    Actually it was around 20000, and it is pleasing enough already.

But for the Milan game, the stadium is packed.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
    When IFK Göteborg plays Örgryte (Rivals in Gothenburg :D) Ullevi stadium is packed ;) It's really cool. FORZA BLÅVITT!!
    And packed to capacity means about 20k supporters, which is less than even Juve gets :p

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    Napoli used to kick ass when Moggi was a director there (I think).

Great club with great traditions. I did not catch the Maradona times, but I heard it was awesome.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
    It was sad what happened to Napoli, I hope they can get back to Serie A!

On a sidenote...I am not a fan, but I fear what will happen to Parma if they go down, I hope they can avoid it!

Len

Feb 13, 2004
    Of course....... it would be fvcking awesome if Napoli can be back!

Bigger crowds in the Serie A as a result.......;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)