Wojciech Szczęsny (12 Viewers)

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
He conceded a goal he should save, that's not brilliant. Otherwise than the one, big, glaring mistake I agree, he had a very good game. :D
Yeah, and this near post goals are his nightmare, he concedes plenty of them also for national team. Something is wrong with his positiong/reactions.

Jun 6, 2015
He conceded a goal he should save, that's not brilliant. Otherwise than the one, big, glaring mistake I agree, he had a very good game. :D
I don't consider the goal we conceded to be a big glaring mistake on his part. Could have perhaps tried to make himself bigger and hoped that the ball hits him in the leg or something. His positioning is okay and there is no time to react when a shot comes from that close.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
When we concede it's because of his poor skills but when he saves it's because he was lucky :lol:.
Except the Udinese game and maybe some other at the beginning of the season he's been our top 3 player no doubt.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
When we concede it's because of his poor skills but when he saves it's because he was lucky :lol:.
Except the Udinese game and maybe some other at the beginning of the season he's been our top 3 player no doubt.
Strikers can fuck up 5 chances, convert 3 others and everyone will call that hattrick a brilliant game.

Defenders, goalkeepers (even referees) cant afford that, you have to get right at least 99% of situations to be considered a top player. Its definitely easier than scoring goals, but you have to be crazy consistent and focused. Imo Woj has made too many mistakes that have cost us points this season to be considered among the top performers.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't consider the goal we conceded to be a big glaring mistake on his part. Could have perhaps tried to make himself bigger and hoped that the ball hits him in the leg or something. His positioning is okay and there is no time to react when a shot comes from that close.
A mid height, not exceptionally powerful near post shot from a tight angle should be saved. The position Raspadori shot from definifely is very dangerous, dont get me wrong, it probably was the best chance of the game, but the shot itself was very savable.

Jun 6, 2015
Strikers can fuck up 5 chances, convert 3 others and everyone will call that hattrick a brilliant game.

Defenders, goalkeepers (even referees) cant afford that, you have to get right at least 99% of situations to be considered a top player. Its definitely easier than scoring goals, but you have to be crazy consistent and focused. Imo Woj has made too many mistakes that have cost us points this season to be considered among the top performers.

- - - Updated - - -

A mid height, not exceptionally powerful near post shot from a tight angle should be saved. The position Raspadori shot from definifely is very dangerous, dont get me wrong, it probably was the best chance of the game, but the shot itself was very savable.
Saveable? Sure. Glaring mistake? No.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Its a Pole standing up for another so ill gloss over it
I don't have any particular sympathy towards him even though he's my countryman. I was really pissed at him after those blunders and I thought he's done. To my surprise though, he managed to bring himself together and became a really solid peace of the squad. Counting those blunders from the start of the season in, I still think he's earned us at least 10 extra points with his extraordinary saves.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I don't have any particular sympathy towards him even though he's my countryman. I was really pissed at him after those blunders and I thought he's done. To my surprise though, he managed to bring himself together and became a really solid peace of the squad. Counting those blunders from the start of the season in, I still think he's earned us at least 10 extra points with his extraordinary saves.
I don't see it tbh, except the two PKs vs Roma. He conceded saveable goals more often than he made outstanding saves the way I see it. Even yesterday, I don't see what the praise is about

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He’s quite poor near post. He gets beaten there fairly frequently. It’s a strange weakness to have for a top keeper.

He’s been solid for us this season since the ridiculously poor start he had. He hasn’t won us a ton of points or anything, but he also hasn’t been losing us points. Take away those first few matches and he’s been an above average keeper this year. Definitely not the reason for our struggles.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Can't change like 10-11 starters in one season.

Keep him for another season and look for a GK with high potential and less wages kinda like Milan signing Maignan

Pls avoid that fraud Donnarumma at all costs

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Can't change like 10-11 starters in one season.

Keep him for another season and look for a GK with high potential and less wages kinda like Milan signing Maignan

Pls avoid that fraud Donnarumma at all costs
With all the news regarding Eliott, Milan and Lille coming out, Maignan for only 15m makes a lot more sense, its probably not his true value.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Szczesny to The Sun:

"I would be very happy to see #Pogba. He did really well in his past experience at #Juventus, so he would be a great addition to the squad.

#Ramsey? I would take him. If he's able to get back in form he would be a great signing for whomever."

[@averagejuventinoguy]

#Szczesny to The Sun: "#Pogba is a player with great caliber. Maybe in the last years he was missing a bit of continuity and also the injuries didn't help. But when he's on form, he's one of the best in the world. He did really well in his previous experience at #Juventus. So he would be a great addition to the squad and we would welcome him with open arms."

[@AroundJuventus]

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
#Szczesny to ‘Przegld Sportowy ’:
"If #Juventus will be my last club? Yes. I still have 3 years in my contract and if they want to keep me I would like to stay until the end. Every year there are mercato rumors. Now I get worried when there are no new names for the goalkeeper position at #Juventus. I would like to stay with the bianconeri until 2025, and maybe I would go live in my house in Spain after that".

[@AroundJuventus]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)