Wojciech Szczęsny (24 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
So I need to support Szczesny and the likes nonsense to show my empathy for the Ukrainian people? "We won't play against Russia and Russians" accomplishes nothing, except giving them a free ride to the WC. The energy should be focused on Ukraine and helping the people there, not Russia

Accomplishes nothing? Says who? It shows a clear stand against invading power hungry genocidal regime? At ALL facets you have encounter with Russia, from disallowing air space, financial sanctions to something as irrelevant as sports, you signal to them this insane aggression is not acceptable to you.

This squeezes the screws and pressure points on Russia as a nation to be gradually be excluded from the world in various degrees until they abort, and this in turn makes the Russian people turn on Putin even more, and more importantly hopefully the power players in Putins regime/ inner circle when it hits their bottom line eventually.

Sweden and the Czech have clarified they won't face Russia either. No one will.

So to say taking public stand against facing Russia in football game is meaningless like Woj has done (especially when he is personally effected by the brazen invasion), is completely tone deaf and missing the point entirely.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Strickland

May 17, 2019
He should get rid of the gloves, get a AK-47 and and join the Ukrainian army forces.
That`s the only way to help his family.

Writing Insta posts though:lol:
Sanctions are not just economical and legal. Emotional sanctions - musicians cancelling tours in Russia, sports teams refusing to compete with/in Russia, etc can play their part too, especially in convincing the Russian population that Putin needs to be removed for dragging their countries name through oceans of shit. Good on Woj for doing his stand, well done.

Now please bench him for Perin :p

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
So I need to support Szczesny and the likes nonsense to show my empathy for the Ukrainian people? "We won't play against Russia and Russians" accomplishes nothing, except giving them a free ride to the WC. The energy should be focused on Ukraine and helping the people there, not Russia
If you think Russia is making the WC, you dumb bro :D

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Accomplishes nothing? Says who? It shows a clear stand against invading power hungry genocidal regime? At ALL facets you have encounter with Russia, from disallowing air space, financial sanctions to something as irrelevant as sports, you signal to them this insane aggression is not acceptable to you.

This squeezes the screws and pressure points on Russia as a nation to be gradually be excluded from the world in various degrees until they abort, and this in turn makes the Russian people turn on Putin even more, and more importantly hopefully the power players in Putins regime/ inner circle when it hits their bottom line eventually.

Sweden and the Czech have clarified they won't face Russia either. No one will.

So to say taking public stand against facing Russia in football game is meaningless like Woj has done (especially when he is personally effected by the brazen invasion), is completely tone deaf and missing the point entirely.
I know what the intent is, I'm saying it doesn't accomplish what you think it will. The regime you talk about probably already calculated all this beforehand, and it will be the people that don't have anything to do with war suffering, not them. Also, deciding not to play a football game isn't comparable to what you mention above. It would have been far better if they played and kept politics out of sport, shown support to the people of Ukraine in a different way. Focus the energy on helping Ukraine instead of punishing Russia

- - - Updated - - -

Sanctions are not just economical and legal. Emotional sanctions - musicians cancelling tours in Russia, sports teams refusing to compete with/in Russia, etc can play their part too, especially in convincing the Russian population that Putin needs to be removed for dragging their countries name through oceans of shit. Good on Woj for doing his stand, well done.

Now please bench him for Perin :p
And this

- - - Updated - - -

If you think Russia is making the WC, you dumb bro :D
Let's see

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I know what the intent is, I'm saying it doesn't accomplish what you think it will. The regime you talk about probably already calculated all this beforehand, and it will be the people that don't have anything to do with war suffering, not them. Also, deciding not to play a football game isn't comparable to what you mention above. It would have been far better if they played and kept politics out of sport, shown support to the people of Ukraine in a different way. Focus the energy on helping Ukraine instead of punishing Russia

- - - Updated - - -

And this

- - - Updated - - -

Let's see
Punishing Russia helps Ukraine, this doesnt end any other way than Putin shooting himself in a bunker.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
good season after those 4 initial games (that cost us the easy way to a top4 finish though)

6.5m net is still way, way over what juventus should pay to any goalie in post-covid italian football

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)