Wojciech Szczęsny (85 Viewers)

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
When did Tek's poor/inconsistent form start last season? Was it during second half of season?

Maybe he just needs to rid of the Pep Pirlo virus, let's see. Calma for now.
Maybe, but lets not forget he was like that before he joined Roma also, shaky and unreliable, thats the reason Arsenal loaned his ass out (besides some off the pitch problems - but they would forgive them if he was WC keeper).

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Roma seasons were great and his first two seasons here were pretty fantastic. It wasn't a bad purchase at all at first, but now it's paying dividends. Extending to 2024 was the problem since he'd be out by now.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Roma seasons were great and his first two seasons here were pretty fantastic. It wasn't a bad purchase at all at first, but now it's paying dividends. Extending to 2024 was the problem since he'd be out by now.
At no point has he ever been ‘fantastic’. You must really set the bar low which is amazing given who preceded the
Pole in goal for nearly two decades.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
as usual tuz over dramatizes everything.

he was fine here in his first few seasons. wanna know how he was fine here? no one wanted him out.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
At no point has he ever been ‘fantastic’. You must really set the bar low which is amazing given who preceded the
Pole in goal for nearly two decades.
That's BS because even Buffon admitted Szczęsny was better than him in the season that preceded Pole's transfer here. Not to mention Wojciech won the competition with Alison at Roma.
You guys have a memory of a golden fish and change your opinion with every twist of the wind.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
as usual tuz over dramatizes everything.

he was fine here in his first few seasons. wanna know how he was fine here? no one wanted him out.
It's actually easy to see how good he was, we just need to go back enough in this very thread to before February of this year. It isn't a Tuz thread if there is no rewriting of history or hyperbole (of which I am occasionally guilty of as well)

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
That's BS because even Buffon admitted Szczęsny was better than him in the season that preceded Pole's transfer here. Not to mention Wojciech won the competition with Alison at Roma.
You guys have a memory of a golden fish and change your opinion with every twist of the wind.
I never stated Buffon was better than him at that point.

I merely mentioned where Buffon set the bar largely during his time here and that relatively Woj couldn’t be termed ‘fantastic’ IMO.

Woj has been fairly solid during his first two years being first keeper, so I’m not saying he has been shit, just that I would expect far more to say he’s been fantastic.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Given that Pool came with a fat offer for Alison not Woj, Id say Alison won that competition :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 83)