Wojciech Szczęsny (18 Viewers)

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
It’s not just the passing out of the back or the ball spilling, he was beaten numerous times at his near post last season. Way too many times for someone who at his best, could have a claim at being one of the best around.

I don’t see him being dropped immediately, but the margin of error between what demotes him to the bench is likely to be much smaller now.

Perin is actually a pretty good alternative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I always thought he was good up until the 2nd half of last season. Why does a bad period of form mean he is completely finished. I agree he has been beyond awful for months but surely he can recover?
Up until late January/early February or so he was great for us. We only need to go back and see the posts in this thread to back that up. However, like someone else mentioned earlier, it's probably a case of goalkeeper hitting rock bottom after a string of errors and not recovering. Happened to De Gea, so not really surprising. Though De Gea has some what recovered, but he's not at the level he used to be.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
So he's on a 9m salary? I doubt that. That'll make him our 2nd highest earner behind Ronaldo. Do you have a source?
dude dude....
He is not. Ramsey earn more as he has a loyalty bonus as well.
Players get a wages and agents an annual bonus. Dunno if that goes to the player as well or just to the agents.
Also De Ligt is 8m + 4m of possible bonus

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
the extension in 2020 probably means there was demand on the market for him - we wouldnt extend the contract with out a reason, for a player who still has 2,5 years contract legth. My wild guess is that Arsenal approached us for him and we did everything we could to keep him, how short sighted... well Paratici left many stupid decisions like this.

- - - Updated - - -

also paying him anything more than 4.5m always amazes me, how stupid we really are to do this. You can pay this to attacking star player or a prodigy CB like de Ligt, but to fucking Szczesny?

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Once they realized they don't have a proper GK, Liverpool payed 62 million to solve the issue.

This summer we could have signed a top Italian GK for free with high wages. We didn't even try.

I also think our management always underestimated the importance of a top player like Buffon.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
the extension in 2020 probably means there was demand on the market for him - we wouldnt extend the contract with out a reason, for a player who still has 2,5 years contract legth. My wild guess is that Arsenal approached us for him and we did everything we could to keep him, how short sighted... well Paratici left many stupid decisions like this.

- - - Updated - - -

also paying him anything more than 4.5m always amazes me, how stupid we really are to do this. You can pay this to attacking star player or a prodigy CB like de Ligt, but to fucking Szczesny?
a mistake after another....
leading to financial disaster.
Szczesny renewal,Rabiot,Ramsey,Bernardeschi....

4ndr3i

Aug 2, 2012
Trying to seriously think of another GK that had such an abysmal performance like Szczesny had yesterday. I don’t even think Karius had a game this bad for Liverpool.

He was flimsy all game, couldn’t catch easy balls. It wasn’t just the stupid goals he created.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Can someone remind me why we didn’t sign Donnarumma again?
Because we don't have the money and we cant sell Tek to get the money. And we dont want/can't part with the biggest money maker in our club tough
We actually leading the race before PSG comes in. And we just waiting to sell Tek to finalize Donna, the things that didn't happen

PSG can't even offer the 12m if Donna already sign 8m+2m bonus that we offered on the first place
That is what happen if the news story from Football Italia and another big news merchant to be believed

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Now looking at that video WTF was the defense? Bono is in a LB position with the ball and someone in the RB area. Not one player playing in the CB positions. Only couple Udinese players rushing towards Tek. A one goal lead with 7 minutes to play and I believe you should have plenty of players back. Yes Tek totally 100% fucked up but must have thought where is everyone? Like I posted not the usually proficient way a Max team protects a lead.
He only need kick the ball out for a corner, he is just to arrogant to do that

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
He only need kick the ball out for a corner, he is just to arrogant to do that
might be not popular opinion, but a year with a manager who insisted to not to do that at any point and no matter what didnt help him either.
I wont be defending Szczesny as im probably one of his biggest hater right here, but lets not exaggerate here, he is not that bad and we wont anything this season - we will stick to him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)