Wojciech Szczęsny (27 Viewers)

Jun 16, 2020
Also Buffon didn't have a 5 minute YouTube compilation worth of horrendous howlers by the time he reached 23 years old. Have you ever seen Donnarumma parry a shot any other way than central? He basically fails to impress at every aspect of goalkeeping basics from coming out for crosses, positioning awareness to ball distribution.

You can believe whatever you want about Donnarumma's potential but please don't bring Buffon's name into this. Other than number of caps at the same age, Donnarumma will never reach half of Buffon's quality on and off the pitch.
Buffon had a 5 min VHS instead of a youtube video :D

Jun 27, 2011
I'm more sensitive about the ignorance here that somebody wouldn't take Donnarumma given the opportunity. He is ten times the goalkeeper Tek is. And would serve us well for the next ... 13 years.
Tek has shown nothing more than mediocrity. Totally unable to organize in front of him. While fine, you don't give up the opportunity to sign somebody like Donnarumma.

I am however entertained watching all of you discuss this. Donnarumma to Juventus is most likely a done deal. It's the reason he didn't sign for Milan.

Last edited:

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
The amount of shit people throw at Woj is disgusting. The man saved us countless times in the past 3 years and he cannot get away with a dip in form for 4-5 games?

The irony is the same people want to replace him with a dude who's been incredibly inconsistent for the past 3 years. The only advantage people keep mentioning when they try to compare Donnarumma to Szczesny is his young age, as if the goal is to just secure a keeper for the next 10 years regardless of his quality.
Not to mention he's pretty shit with his feet. Even 43 year old Buffon is better with his feet than this guy.

In my opinion, even if we miss out on this guy, GK is probably the easiest position to reinforce for the 'future' unless you are not too caught up about nationality which some people quite clearly are.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I'm more sensitive about the ignorance here that somebody wouldn't take Donnarumma given the opportunity. He is ten times the goalkeeper Tek is. And would serve us well for the next ... 13 years.
Tek has shown nothing more than mediocrity. Totally unable to organize in front of him. .
He's not even twice the goalkeeper.

He's just younger. Also at least as bad in organizing his defense, terrible at crosses and useless with his feet.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Also Buffon didn't have a 5 minute YouTube compilation worth of horrendous howlers by the time he reached 23 years old. Have you ever seen Donnarumma parry a shot any other way than central? He basically fails to impress at every aspect of goalkeeping basics from coming out for crosses, positioning awareness to ball distribution.

You can believe whatever you want about Donnarumma's potential but please don't bring Buffon's name into this. Other than number of caps at the same age, Donnarumma will never reach half of Buffon's quality on and off the pitch.
Probably no one will reach Buffon's quality on and especially off the pitch, however Donna surely has big potential to be a generational goalie for Italy just like Gigi was.

Can you link me the 5 minute YouTube comp? Can't find it

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
He's not even twice the goalkeeper.

He's just younger. Also at least as bad in organizing his defense, terrible at crosses and useless with his feet.
Not to mention he calls Szczesny a 'mercenary' while wants us to pay overbloated wages to among the biggest mercenaries in football right now :lol3:

I'd rather give Chiesa €10M net than this guy. He's achieved absolutely nothing to be on the same payscale as the best GK's in the world. Even the best GK's in the world are paid much less actually.

Jun 27, 2011
Not to mention he calls Szczesny a 'mercenary' while wants us to pay overbloated wages to among the biggest mercenaries in football right now :lol3:

I'd rather give Chiesa €10M net than this guy. He's achieved absolutely nothing to be on the same payscale as the best GK's in the world. Even the best GK's in the world are paid much less actually.
Chiesa? You better pay some defenders €10m if Tek is our future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)