Wojciech Szczęsny (58 Viewers)

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
as free player?!
I would give Szczesny as a free agent.
We bought him for 14m in 2016 so his residual value is 0.
We're tied down by his wage which is 6.5m post taxes + 2.5m/year for his agent.
So if he was ok to void his contract I'd be ok letting him leave for free.
Nobody gonna pay us 15-20-30m + polish wages

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
I would give Szczesny as a free agent.
We bought him for 14m in 2016 so his residual value is 0.
We're tied down by his wage which is 6.5m post taxes + 2.5m/year for his agent.
So if he was ok to void his contract I'd be ok letting him leave for free.
Nobody gonna pay us 15-20-30m + polish wages
he should find a club but no club is intrested in him because of wage and age. if he refuses to leave, like what khedira did we won't able to sign new golie.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
he should find a club but no club is intrested in him because of wage and age. if he refuses to leave, like what khedira did we won't able to sign new golie.
exactly.
not that it's bad like having Khedira
But obviously the best situation for us would be:

Selling polish guy for 20-30m
Get Dollarumma for 20m + 6m wages (as some rumors say)

So double-triple win XD same or lower wages and some money spent/gained
Basically a 0€ operation.
But it's obvious that if we can't find a new home for Szczesny ... Dollarumma not gonna happen

- - - Updated - - -

Hope he stays and saves us from Dollar and his leech brother.

Apart from the last months or so he's been a very good goalkeeper for us.

Want to improve the team? Look somewhere else first and spend the money there.

- - - Updated - - -

No wonder someone with a username sounding like Paratici is a turd.
Dollarumma it's just a way to get a italy national player 22years old instead of Szczesny 30years old with very expensive wages/fees
So I agree if the terms are what they're talking about and no if we had to give him 10m as wages :D
I heard rumors about Donnarumma accepting the same wage he had at Milan.
That would be ok since we pay Szczesny more anyway!
Else we need to buy 2 midfielders and prolly a striker rather than wasting money on keeper

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
One of Poland's most prominent journalists has given an exclusive interview to szczęsny about his future at Juventus, saying that szczęsny will be the first goalkeeper of Juventus next year and Donnaroma will not come to Juventus.
@piotrr

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
The amount of shit people throw at Woj is disgusting. The man saved us countless times in the past 3 years and he cannot get away with a dip in form for 4-5 games?

The irony is the same people want to replace him with a dude who's been incredibly inconsistent for the past 3 years. The only advantage people keep mentioning when they try to compare Donnarumma to Szczesny is his young age, as if the goal is to just secure a keeper for the next 10 years regardless of his quality.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
The amount of shit people throw at Woj is disgusting. The man saved us countless times in the past 3 years and he cannot get away with a dip in form for 4-5 games?

The irony is the same people want to replace him with a dude who's been incredibly inconsistent for the past 3 years. The only advantage people keep mentioning when they try to compare Donnarumma to Szczesny is his young age, as if the goal is to just secure a keeper for the next 10 years regardless of his quality.
Up until 2021 arrived, Woj was a very reliable, consistent shot stopper for us. However saying he "saved us countless times" is stretching it a bit, he's not exactly the heroic kind of goalie, rarely will you see Woj making incredible saves that you wouldn't expect to be possible. I think that's where Donnarumma comes in, his ceiling is to be that Buffon type of goalie. With that said, I've grown allergic to Raiola and would happily bet on Woj, especially if we can reduce his ridiculous salary.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Sorry dude but "His ceiling is to be that Buffon type of goalie"? :lol:
yup, that's what I wrote. Buffon was a 17yo when he broke out at Parma in 1995, he was the starting goalkeeper at every U level from 16 upwards, debuted at senior NT while 19, from 2000 he was the first choice goalie. Sounds familiar to anyone?

Donna is large enough to make saves others wouldn't be able to, he benched solid experienced goalies like Abbiatti (350+ games for Milan, Juventus, Torino and Atletico Madrid) and Lopez (350+ games for Villareal, Real Madrid, Milan and Espanyol) and hold on to his spot against Reina (500 games between Villareal, Liverpool and Milan) while he was still a teenager. Last season he won the Serie A goalkeeper of the year and this Friday he will debut in a major tournament with Italy. The potential is pretty obvious, don't you think? I have serious doubts if he'll fulfill it with someone like Raiola by his side (see Balotelli for worst case scenario), but surely we're talking about a generational talent when it comes to goalkeeping.

Last edited:

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
yup, that's what I wrote. Buffon was a 17yo when he broke out at Parma in 1995, he was the starting goalkeeper at every U level from 16 upwards, debuted at senior NT while 19, from 2000 he was the first choice goalie. Sounds familiar to anyone?

Donna is large enough to make saves others wouldn't be able to, he benched solid experienced goalies like Abbiatti (350+ games for Milan, Juventus, Torino and Atletico Madrid) and Lopez (350+ games for Villareal, Real Madrid, Milan and Espanyol) and hold on to his spot against Reina (500 games between Villareal, Liverpool and Milan) while he was still a teenager. Last season he won the Serie A goalkeeper of the year and this Friday he will debut in a major tournament with Italy. The potential is pretty obvious, don't you think? I have serious doubts if he'll fulfill it with someone like Raiola by his side (see Balotelli for worst case scenario), but surely we're talking about a generational talent when it comes to goalkeeping.
Also Buffon didn't have a 5 minute YouTube compilation worth of horrendous howlers by the time he reached 23 years old. Have you ever seen Donnarumma parry a shot any other way than central? He basically fails to impress at every aspect of goalkeeping basics from coming out for crosses, positioning awareness to ball distribution.

You can believe whatever you want about Donnarumma's potential but please don't bring Buffon's name into this. Other than number of caps at the same age, Donnarumma will never reach half of Buffon's quality on and off the pitch.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)