Wojciech Szczęsny (139 Viewers)

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
how easily we sometimes give a pay rise to a player is beyond me, completely missed that this guy is already on 6-7m wages. no wonder guy like Dybala are demanding 15mil, Paratici got lost on the wage structure in the process.
6-7m for an experienced goalkeeper at at a top club in the prime of his career is fair. The cream of the crop of goalkeepers like Oblak, Neuer and Ter Stegen are at 10-12m a year.

Paying someone like Donnarumma a 10m a year, 5 year contract when he's no where near his prime and still makes a shit ton of errors is so much worse. Because he suddenly becomes the best paid player in the squad (bar Ronaldo). In the event he gets good, his wages will have to head even further north. If he's bad, then we are stuck with him, because no one else will pay the wages we do.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Juve only conceded 33 goals. That's says something about Tek considering how many wide open counters he had to face. Yes Tek was inconsistent at times but made some awesome saves too. I consider him a top 15 goalie. Doesn't anyone not think Max will improve the defense which in turn will make Tek look better?

Donna and Raiola are too expensive and hostage agent will probably only demand more before contract runs out. Tek still has years left and 1) MF 2) Defense are top priorities. I bet Arsenal wish they still had Tek.
Tek conceded 33 in 30 games actually

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
To be honest, i dont like how we are pushing him out. Hasnt set a foot wrong for us
Well, one needs to be ready for it playing at a club that wants to win every season.
If there's a possibility to improve the club is gonna take it.
They way he spoke after coming here he seemed to be realizing that.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
To be honest, i dont like how we are pushing him out. Hasnt set a foot wrong for us
he's been shaky for the last couple of months and should have been benched in gigi's favor. i really like tek's personality, it seems to me that he's one of the most easy-going, funny guys in the squad, and i also think that in-form szczesny is an easy top5 keeper (and donnarumma isn't yet, so i'm not convinced by the potential replacement), but i'd expect better consistency for his wages.

that said, if it's between keeping tek @6.5m or giving donnarumma 10m, i'd easily keep tek for at least an other season to see whether that dip in form was temporary, and spend the donnarumma money on the midfield.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Okay, but in form Tek was definitely IMO a top 10 goalie. And yes like posted above a great guy to have in the locker room. With those poor back passes to him never once saw him point a finger at other players ala Bonucci. What scares me about Donna is Raiola. Of course he looks like Juve can get him on the cheap now but you know he'll (+Raiola) only want lots more down the road. Tek is at the right age and right salary to keep around.

PS Too many other Juve player issues that are greater than goalie

Jun 27, 2011
Tek's biggest flaw is his inability to command. Hugely underestimated part of goalkeeping. It was Buffon's best attribute.
And I really don't like that Hakuna Matata vibe after every goal he concedes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 134)