Wojciech Szczęsny (9 Viewers)

Gaidamack

Jan 5, 2018
Did Juve ever had a GK problem? van der Sar is the only one who comes to mind, and he is legend of the game.
We even had amazing 2nd GK like Manninger, Storari, Abbiati.
Chimenti was absolute garbage though, but overall Juve always made great goalkeepers.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
What do you mean top 3 in Serie A? He's comfortably the best goalie in the league right now and probably top 5 in Europe.
Dunno if comfortably, stats wise Silvestri from Verona blows everyone out of the water, conceding 18 goals from 27.66 expected goals against. Woj has something like 16 goals from 15-16 expected. From top teams Donnarumma stats look good, 22 conceded from 25-26 expected.

I usually watch only Juve matches, occasionally a top team clash and highlights from the rest, from what I've seen last 2-3 games Woj has been truly great, but his overall season has been okayish so far. he's solid and not letting in blunders, but thats about it, definitely stepped up a gear lately. Donnarumma has impressed me a bit more this season, the guy is huge and can reach corners others couldnt

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
He used to struggle at near post shots, I think he´s improved a lot there.

Still lacks leadership in terms of organizing our defense. I view that as a skill, Buffon mastered it. We concede a lot just on being disorganized, I was hoping for Tek to take more control in that area and he hasn´t IMO. Also hate that he puts too much trust in the wall on free kicks against and sells one entire corner, gives me a heart attack every time watching.

But these last few games he´s been solid, hope he keeps it up as we´re going to need all of those saves with this defense lol.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
He used to struggle at near post shots, I think he´s improved a lot there.

Still lacks leadership in terms of organizing our defense. I view that as a skill, Buffon mastered it. We concede a lot just on being disorganized, I was hoping for Tek to take more control in that area and he hasn´t IMO. Also hate that he puts too much trust in the wall on free kicks against and sells one entire corner, gives me a heart attack every time watching.

But these last few games he´s been solid, hope he keeps it up as we´re going to need all of those saves with this defense lol.
Yes, that was a probelem and I think they've addressed it. Woj is shouting a lot more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)