Wojciech Szczęsny (19 Viewers)

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I blame Bonucci more. Tek could have come out quicker and claimed it, but Bonehead could have controlled the situation better, but fucked it up, as per.

Tek saved us with that great save on SMS at the end.
Bonnucci was the responsible, but the GK had a part in it. He's a bit slow with decisions like these. That's why he struggles with corners (he had just failed one). But his goalkeeping, between the posts, is just up there with the legends.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
I dont think Woj should be blamed for the penalty at all. Seconds after the Lazio player - was it Vavro?, made the pass Bonucci made a calma gesture with his hands, telling his teammates that he`s got it. The ball was coming his way, he was the closest to it and had Woj and Alex Sandro to pass to OR just clear the ball. His hand gesture was more than enough for Woj to remain at his possition, some defenders usually clear the ball (for example De Ligt), others try some acrobatic header toward his goalkeeper so that he can collect the ball with his hands (what I think a player like Demiral would have done), but what Bonucci did was amateurish and retarded, he was clueless what to do, waited way too long and almost costed his team a crucial and important win in a game that was already won.

Bonucci`s other big mistake came at the end of first half when he stood 2-3 meters from Immobile with his ass turned against the ball, giving Ciro a chance to shoot comfortably and hit the post...

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Bonnucci was the responsible, but the GK had a part in it. He's a bit slow with decisions like these. That's why he struggles with corners (he had just failed one). But his goalkeeping, between the posts, is just up there with the legends.
I think Szczesny is pretty good at being quick to react to coming off his line. He does it a lot and is very quick for a 'keeper. Prime example was one in the first half vs Sassuolo which was a superb reaction.

He is blameless in the penalty. Bonucci had at least 2 opportunities to kick the ball into the stand before bringing down Immobile. Plus the gap, pace on the ball and proximity of Immobile it would have been far riskier for Szczesny to go for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)