Wojciech Szczęsny (13 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Szczesny: If Buffon kept playing…
By Football Italia staff

Wojciech Szczesny insists 'it’d be good’ for Gianluigi Buffon and Juventus if the veteran kept playing, even though the Pole could remain second choice.

Szczesny was signed to become Juve’s No 1 once Buffon had hung up his gloves, but there has been no suggestion yet as to what the Italy icon will do.

The former Roma man told Tuttosport: “Once I realised it was time to leave Arsenal, Juventus’ offer came in immediately and at that point, it was a very easy decision to make.

“For me, it was also an opportunity to train with the best goalkeeper in the world. I think it’s been a positive experience, although I haven’t felt like a backup goalkeeper, rather a goalkeeper who doesn’t play every game.

“It’ll be much easier to become a starting goalkeeper after this experience. If Buffon stayed on? I think it’d be good for him and the team because the team still need Buffon: as a captain and a great goalkeeper.

“Age is just a number: even in the last few years, he’s been the best goalkeeper or at least one of the best in Serie A.

“He really helps the team with his legendary status and it would be the perfect solution [if he kept playing].”

I'm starting to love the guy, such a humble and positive personality

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
piotrr

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #605
    Made a couple of nice saves. Was he blinded by the sun at that last chance? Lucky the ball went out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)