Wojciech Szczęsny (79 Viewers)

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Great business. He was great last season and he comes unreasonably cheap. Will be great to have him as a back up for a year so we can decide if he is out next #1 or if we can upgrade.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
I think he would be a great backup..but another thing here is that the guy is so lucky, could very well be Buffon's last season, and out of all the good talented GK's out there, he gets the nod..lucky you Szech and wishing you all the best!

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Great business. He was great last season and he comes unreasonably cheap. Will be great to have him as a back up for a year so we can decide if he is out next #1 or if we can upgrade.
We signed him this summer to be Gigi's successor and not worry about GKs the next.

I truly believe he's up to the task. We will never find another Buffon in decades so it's wise to sign a very good GK like Szczesny and invest our money strengthening other areas.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
We signed him this summer to be be Gigi's successor and not worry about GKs the next.

I truly believe he's up to the task. We will never find another Buffon in decades so it's wise to sign a very good GK like Szczesny and invest our money strengthening other areas.
I believe he is up for it as well. If he ends up proving us right, then we will have fixed a potentially problematic position for a poverty 12m (or whatever it was). He just needs to play like he did last season and we are good.

May 23, 2013
Yeah he was amazing last season. I didn't think he had those sort of performances in him, but he was fantastic for them.
Only watched him when Juve faced Roma and in both games he was pretty damn good. I cant see him accepting a full on bench role like Neto even if its for 1 season. I feel like Buffon may play more of a Casillas role this season (mostly CL and Coppa)

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Buffon (619 games in A) needs 29 appearances in the league this season to beat Maldini's record (647). He played 30 last season so if Szczesny will get to play more than Neto then Gigi can say goodbye to this record. :scared:
He can get Coppa games (we tend to go all the way to final each year), some games in CHL and 8 games in the league, so we're good I guess!

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Only watched him when Juve faced Roma and in both games he was pretty damn good. I cant see him accepting a full on bench role like Neto even if its for 1 season. I feel like Buffon may play more of a Casillas role this season (mostly CL and Coppa)
Yeah I think so too. I actually wouldn't mind seeing Woj in some CL games too (if we qualify from our group fairly smoothly)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 75)