Wojciech Szczęsny (63 Viewers)

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
He is a Roma and Arsenal reject because both had an option to have him in their team before we snatched him up, but chose other goalies to be their number ones. Also for Poland he isn't first choice and that is alarming for me that he hasn't been good enough for 3 teams below our level. I know there isn't another Buffon out there, but is this guy really the best we can do replacing Gigi?
The best replacements for Buffon would be between some of this guys ---> Donnarumma, Handanović, Courtouis, Neuer or Cech. But they are unavailable.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't watched a lot of Roma/Arsenal/Poland, I'm just saying that if this is the Buffon replacement, him being 2nd choice for those teams makes me question his quality. It doesn't alarm you?
http://www.juventuz.com/threads/43167-Wojciech-Szcz%C4%99sny?p=5572161&viewfull=1#post5572161

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
The best replacements for Buffon would be between some of this guys ---> Donnarumma, Handanović, Courtouis, Neuer or Cech. But they are unavailable.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.juventuz.com/threads/43167-Wojciech-Szcz%C4%99sny?p=5572161&viewfull=1#post5572161
still, Roma, Arsenal, Poland all got better options and we don't? It could be that they're all wrong, God knows Arsenal's got a retarded management and Poland a very good goalkeeper school, but I somehow doubt that this guy is really an elite shot stopper (as in belongs in one the best teams in Europe as a starter). even @piotrr, who you tagged before, says this guy is not good enough to start for us.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
still, Roma, Arsenal, Poland all got better options and we don't? It could be that they're all wrong, God knows Arsenal's got a retarded management, but I somehow doubt that they all got it wrong. even @piotrr says this guy is not good enough to start for us.
After getting Tolisso it doesn't mean Inter would buy a reject if they managed to get Vidal from Bayern. It's still a quality player.

Like I said, Roma has a lot of issues to fix as they are buying plenty of players. They surely don't need to spend an extra 14-17mln on a GK who'd be getting 4-5mln/season. They don't need to do that, but we do.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
still, Roma, Arsenal, Poland all got better options and we don't? It could be that they're all wrong, God knows Arsenal's got a retarded management and Poland a very good goalkeeper school, but I somehow doubt that they all got it wrong. even @piotrr, who you tagged before, says this guy is not good enough to start for us.
He is good enough to start for us, imo. I did say there are better options. Maybe he is not a long term solution. :boh:

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
He is a Roma and Arsenal reject because both had an option to have him in their team before we snatched him up, but chose other goalies to be their number ones. Also for Poland he isn't first choice and that is alarming for me that he hasn't been good enough for 3 teams below our level. I know there isn't another Buffon out there, but is this guy really the best we can do replacing Gigi?
Again, you've dodged my argument altogether. Roma is a team operates on finances 2 times less than us. They already have a young keeper lined up so would it be a worthwhile investment for them if they buy Szczesny ? Wouldn't it be an unnecessary waste of funds on Allison then ? Again, I repeat , they have a budget 2X less than us and keep recycling the squad every year.

I don't know about his NT but coaches have their own favourites in certain positions. We have seen better players at club level that don't start for their NT's.

Besides, the less the budget spent on keepers, the better. Can't be arsed to spend €70- €80M on some 'big name' keeper when you can have a quality keeper for cheap and save up money to address our immediate concerns. Let's not forget , at the end of the day, Juventus are operating on a budget too which is smaller compared to elite clubs.

Navas has won 3 CL's with Madrid, Valdes won 3 with Barca. Dida won 2 with Milan. These are not all time great keepers we are talking about.

We got a quality keeper now and we're better served to use the funds elsewhere instead of splashing it all on a GK just for that sentiment of replacing a legendary GK like Buffon.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Again, you've dodged my argument altogether. Roma is a team operates on finances 2 times less than us. They already have a young keeper lined up so would it be a worthwhile investment for them if they buy Szczesny ? Wouldn't it be an unnecessary waste of funds on Allison then ? Again, I repeat , they have a budget 2X less than us and keep recycling the squad every year.

I don't know about his NT but coaches have their own favourites in certain positions. We have seen better players at club level that don't start for their NT's.

Besides, the less the budget spent on keepers, the better. Can't be arsed to spend €70- €80M on some 'big name' keeper when you can have a quality keeper for cheap and save up money to address our immediate concerns. Let's not forget , at the end of the day, Juventus are operating on a budget too which is smaller compared to elite clubs.

Navas has won 3 CL's with Madrid, Valdes won 3 with Barca. Dida won 2 with Milan. These are not all time great keepers we are talking about.

We got a quality keeper now and we're better served to use the funds elsewhere instead of splashing it all on a GK just for that sentiment of replacing a legendary GK like Buffon.
:baus: Quality post.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
He is good enough to start for us, imo. I did say there are better options. Maybe he is not a long term solution. :boh:
I hope you're right. As I said, I haven't seen him much.

- - - Updated - - -

Roma made a decision to eventually replace him when they bought Alisson instead of making Sczcesny permanent, in my book it means he is a Roma reject, they upgraded on him, it doesn't matter if the purchase happened this summer or a year ago.
I don't want us to sign Donnarumma, God forbid, lately everything Raiola touches turns to shit. But I also don't think that the quality of goalie is of little importance. I'd say atm Navas is among the top keepers in the world, the way he performed in CL knockouts this year was monster, haven't watched him a lot in La Liga though.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I hope you're right. As I said, I haven't seen him much.

- - - Updated - - -

Roma made a decision to eventually replace him when they bought Alisson instead of making Sczcesny permanent, in my book it means he is a Roma reject, they upgraded on him, it doesn't matter if the purchase happened this summer or a year ago.
I don't want us to sign Donnarumma, God forbid. But I also don't think that the quality of goalie is of little importance.
Roma purchased Allison a year ago not this season and sent him out on loan (I don't know to where). Makes no sense for them to buy Szczesny when they desperately need money for reinforcing other areas.

Of course quality GK is of importance and I believe Szczesny is a quality GK . He had a blinder the last time we faced him against Roma.

If we had a 1 billion budget , I would have wanted us to sign the very best goalie out there but since we're restricted and have managed our funds sensibly, signing one of the best keepers in the league for a reasonable price is the best thing we could do at this point. I would be more upset if we had spent 2-3rds of our budget on Donnarumma. Besides Szczesny us a better keeper than Donnarumma as of now

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Roma purchased Allison a year ago not this season and sent him out on loan (I don't know to where). Makes no sense for them to buy Szczesny when they desperately need money for reinforcing other areas.

Of course quality GK is of importance and I believe Szczesny is a quality GK . He had a blinder the last time we faced him against Roma.

If we had a 1 billion budget , I would have wanted us to sign the very best goalie out there but since we're restricted and have managed our funds sensibly, signing one of the best keepers in the league for a reasonable price is the best thing we could do at this point. I would be more upset if we had spent 2-3rds of our budget on Donnarumma. Besides Szczesny us a better keeper than Donnarumma as of now
I think that says more about the GK quality in Serie A rather than the polish guy, I mean Reina, Sczcesny, Berish, really? Not sure any of those guys would start for the TOP4 in England or Spain.

I just hope that in the season after the next one we won't suffer because of our keeper like Barca have been suffering because of Stegen, they'd probably win La Liga this season if they hadn't dropped points because of Stegen dropping the ball

- - - Updated - - -

Who is the best Italian keeper, guys? In your opinion.

Behind Buffon, of course.
I'd say Marchetti

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Really? I like Marchetti but he didn't turn into a world beater like Buffon said he will.
@piotrr
How do you rate Łukasz Skorupski?
I think he's a very solid keeper, better than Sirigu, Perin sadly tore his ACL, Donnarumma, Scuffet and Meret are all kids at this point, at least one of them will surely reach a better level than Marchetti, but currently I'd say he's the most reliable one after Buffon. It's very subjective of course

OP
piotrr

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #196
    @piotrr

How do you rate Łukasz Skorupski?
    I haven't seen much of him. :D I know that he got nice reviews of his time on loan from Roma and earned a 3rd spot in our NT thanks to it so seems he can be a solid keeper. Since i have no idea what to expect from Alisson either i can't tell if he can challenge him for 1st spot. :D

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    :confused2

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't seen much of him. :D I know that he got nice reviews of his time on loan from Roma and earned a 3rd spot in our NT thanks to it so seems he can be a solid keeper. Since i have no idea what to expect from Alisson either i can't tell if he can challenge him for 1st spot. :D
    I don't know if it's true or not but during last season at one point he was proclaimed as the best keeper in Serie A. :boh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 61)